twenty eight

Draco gulped and turned around to see the person on the other side of the empty corridor.

"Hi," said Astoria with a shaky voice.

Draco didn't speak at all. He was frozen in his place. Astoria was his you-know-who. Only he couldn't say her name because of the heartbreak both of them caused to themselves.

// 4 months ago //

Summer had started, Draco woke up from a heavy comfy sleep in a large, and rather master bed. He turned to his side to see his beautiful girlfriend, Astoria.

As much as he loved her, he couldn't tell her the first reason why he did. And that's because he thought that maybe if he fell for Astoria, he could move on from Hermione, who he found that was already taken by Ron.

He ofcourse didn't want to admit that he was heartbroken by a muggleborn, hence his bloodline, so he took it all out on Astoria. Yet for the past few months of them dating, she had never known that this was his first motive.

When she was sleeping a little soundly, he found papers scattered around the work table in front of their bedroom.

He stood up, with his messy bed head, and glanced over the papers which took him by surprise once he read something about fixed marriages and that her parents had agreed on planning Astoria and Draco's marriage by fall.

He gulped, and yet as much as he loved Astoria, he could never marry her for things have scattered in his mind.

Firstly, he was only nineteen, second, they've only been dating for a couple of months, and lastly, he hasn't fully moved on from Hermione just yet. In fact, almost every conversation the two had consisted of Hermione, and muggle stuff, and how much he hated her.

When Astoria woke up with shock, the two started a morning argument. The argument got heated until Draco abruptly walked out on her, without letting her explain.

~

Astoria walked up to him and smiled, "I see you've finally showed up, wearing a wolf costume?" She eyed him from head to toe.

"Oh uh. Yeah. I'm a werewolf. I think" he pursed his lips.

"Olivia invited me here. Thought it was time to come visit you here," she laughed.

"Olivia?"

"Yeah, the fifth year. She's in slytherin. Her parents works at our mansion. Thought you should know,"

"Oh well... good seeing you again, Astoria" he awkwardly nods. "I.. I'm gonna head back now," said Draco.

"Wait," she paused for a moment. "C-could you maybe atleast stay for a while?" She asked.

"Sorry. No. I really need to catch up with my friends,"

"I think they can wait, this is really important--"

"Astoria, I'm sorry but I really need to go" said Draco, hurried along back to the great hall.

Once he entered, he had forgotten he was still wearing the god-awful costume, making everyone stopped and stare as the slow music stopped.

"Fuck," he muttered under his breath.

He searched around the room in hopes of seeing Hermione when the music starts again.

And there she was, at the center of the dance floor, dancing with Ron Weasley.

The two turned their head to Draco, who was wearing a werewolf costume and she giggled. "I guess my time is up, your boyfriend is here," said Ron, eyeing to Draco, as he puts his hands down and walked out of the floor.