sixteen

The next morning, Hermione had woken up from beams of light peeking through her curtains. Slowly opening her eyes, her blanket wrapped around her, cozy and comfy, she smiled, and in an instant, she was in a good mood.

She stood up from her bed, made herself a hot cup of tea and toast for breakfast. Hermione picked up her book and opened the window and sat beside, letting the breeze of wind come through inside. It was almost autumn, she can feel it coming. It was almost time for her to come back to hogwarts. But there were things she'll miss, seeing Harry and Ron even though they were both annoying.

Draco. She instantly thought right after. She couldn't control it; somehow she then finds herself smiling at the thought of him.

There was something in him that made Hermione's heart pump faster and louder that she could hear it herself. There's something..

She had noticed that it has been a few weeks and Draco hasn't called her a mudblood or even did anything wrong. In fact, no matter how annoying and obnoxious he was, he was a gentleman. Someway somehow.

And then it hit her,

Hermione Granger now fancies Draco Malfoy.

She then quickly snapped herself out of it, telling to herself that she will not fancy him, and believes that she was brought up to the moment last night. It was nothing, that meant nothing. She thought to herself.

Hermione thought that it would be better if she would just get rid of her small crush on Draco by pre-reading the books she had recently bought.

Page after page, she tried her best to focus on studying but then she came across her potions book; Hermione quickly thought of Draco. No! Snap. Out. Of. It. She said to herself.

Though being chill for almost 5 hours, she turned over page 394, there was an anti amortentia potion, which cures people who have been love poisoned, or people who want to move on from their personal infatuation towards somebody.

Though crazy she may thought, she wants to consider making the potion herself once she hasn't moved on from Draco. She then closes the book, looked for ways to distract herself until she finally decides to go to Ginny.

~

"Ginny!" Hermione had walked up to her, seeing Ginny pitching fallen leaves from a tree at the courtyard.

"Oh hey Hermi--"

"Quickly, come with me" said Hermione, frantically pulling Ginny's arm to go hide under the tree; Hermione had brought her potions book with her and said, "Look I know this is going to sound crazy and I don't know where to start and--"

"Hermione calm down, take a deep breath-- inhale, exhale" Ginny instructed her, as Hermione does what she was told.

"Okay again, inhale--" said Ginny, as she took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and all of a sudden she bursted out,

"WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU SLEPT WITH MALFOY! HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T TRUST ME! HOW CAN LUNA POSSIBLY KNOW THAT WITHOUT YOU TELLING ME! A BEAST? REALLY? IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL HIM DOING THE THING! HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER I THOUGHT YOU WERE INNOCENT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D BE INTO INTIMATE THINGS LIKE THAT! WHAT HAS DRACO DONE TO YOU?!" Ginny raised her voice, practically pulling Hermione's arms back at forth.