Chapter 1

This is my first time ever showing my writing to the public so please don't judge and post rude things if u don't like it. Also, if u didn't ready the title, this is a boyxboy book so if u don't like things like that then don't read it.

Hope you enjoy!!! <3

*6 years ago*

I run down the stairs, lighting speed. I push up my glasses and run into the kitchen, backpack bouncing up and down on my back. "Mia!" I yelled. "Are you ready? The bus is almost here!" I need to get there early so I can beat the bullies to school. My goal is to not get a black eye the first day of school.

I opened the refrigerator door and grabbed two apples. I heard her shoes clicking down the stairs. She came up beside me, her hair in pigtails, princess backpack on her back. "I'm ready!" She said, huge smile on her face. "Where's momma?" She asked. I opened my mouth to reply but the honking of the bus from outside interrupted me. I grabbed my sister's hand and pulled her with me.

"Bye momma! Bye papa! I love you!" She said. I didn't hear their reply. "Theo, you didn't say bye or I love you to them." I let go of her hand and ran to the bus.

"Come on, Mia! I gotta get there early!" So what? I say I love you to them all the time. It doesn't matter, I'll apologize when I get home. But if I'm gonna live up to my goal, we needed to hurry.

I should've said bye. I should've said I love you. I should've hugged them both so tight that my muscles would ache. That was the first day ever that I didn't say I love you to them before leaving school. And that was the last day I saw them too.

*****

The shrieking of the alarm sounded through the room. I reached over and hit it off of the nightstand. I turned over and stared up at the ceiling. I still remember that day so clearly.

My dad reading the morning paper, coffee in his other hand, black glasses hanging on the edge of his nose. I still don't see how he read like that. My mom in her casual dress clothes as she read a thick book that I've never seen before.

Every morning they'd both be reading. Didn't matter what they were reading, they'd just read. I think that's where I got my love of books from. Seeing them both with a book or newspaper in their hands almost 99% percent of the time.

If only I'd said those three words. Maybe that would've changed everything. It's my fault. That was the one day I never said I love you to them. Because I was so selfish and had to leave early. I should've ran back into the house and told them. What I didn't know was they were going to get in a crash and die.

I reached over and grabbed my glasses. I sat up and put them on. No time to think about all that today. I threw my legs over the bed and stood up. Today was my first day of school. Yippe!

I moved away after my parents accident. Me and Mia moved in with my aunt. Mia is still there but I wanted to come back. I don't know why. There's nothing special about this town. But my first day back to school, now as a junior, surely will be better.

I did my morning routine, brush my teeth and shower. Honestly, there's nothing interesting. Ignoring the mirror as I brushed my teeth and changing into my regular boring black clothes. I'm not dark and depressed but I don't like dressing up.

I grabbed a Marvel shirt and black jeans to dress into and my original black and white sneakers. I didn't bother fixing my hair or dressing up nice. I know already that nobody would give me a second look.

I dried my hair again and went to the kitchen. My apartment wasn't very big but it was enough. It had a guest room too so that's a plus. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and sat at the three person table in the corner. I finished my cereal quickly and went back and got my phone. I checked the time. 7:24. Not bad.