Chapter 21

* Theo's POV *

I woke up the next morning, still dressed in the clothes that I wore for my date with Adrian. I heard someone out rummaging through the kitchen.

Calum.

My ears heated up as I thought of last night. Him holding me to his chest as he shoved his tongue in my mouth. I put my fingers to my lips and remembered the feeling.

No Theo. This is wrong. You're dating Adrian, not Calum.

Even though you'd like it.

I groaned and rolled over. I stood up and decided to change. I went to my closet and got some random clothes and put them on. I didn't even bother with my hair.

I opened the door and walked out. I looked up and Calum stood in front of me. My cheeks heated up and he gave me a small smile. I walked around him, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Where are you going?" I asked, voice small. He looked dressed up and I wondered if he was going to work.

"Work. Just fixing me something to eat." He said, wrapping up a sandwich.

"Um, well, what time do you go in?" I asked. I leaned against the counter. He's gonna eat a sandwich for breakfast? That's not very healthy.  

He turned around and looked me over. My eyes dropped down to the ground. "Eleven."

I looked up at him, meeting his eyes. "I can, um, fix you something if you'd like to wait a little longer. I'm pretty hungry too." I said.

He turned back around. "Nah, I'm good with this. Thanks, though." He grabbed his keys and his phone from the counter. "Call me if you need anything. I'll find out later if I'm working a double." He walked over to the door. "Oh, and don't make it weird, Theo. I was a little tipsy and had no clue what I was doing. Let's just be friends." He said. He looked over at me once more and gave me a fake smile and shut the door.

Are you serious? He kisses me like that and then blames it on the beer? I sigh and rake my fingers through my hair. I decide to fix me some eggs and sausage for breakfast. I prep the stove and get my phone. I walk back to the kitchen while checking my phone. I got a text from Adrian.

'Hey Theo, you up?

He sent the text twenty minutes ago. I didn't feel like talking to him but I answered back yes anyways. I set the phone down on the counter and took out the food from the fridge. The phone buzzed.

'How are you?'

I text back.

'Great since last night'

I didn't figure out if it was from him or Calum.

'Especially when we kissed :)'

I can't believe I forgot we kissed. Calum wiped that memory completely from my head. I mentally slapped myself.

'Likewise'

I finished up with my food and turned off the stove. I put the skillets in the sink and fixed my plate.

'What are you doing now? I wanna see you'

I smiled and sat down at the table. The feelings that I'd get when I'd talk to him started coming back.

'Eating'

I put my phone down for a minute and started eating.

'Can I come over when you're done? I don't want to intrude your time with your food'