Chapter 12

* Calum's POV *

"So, you're not going to the party?" Nick asked me. I told him I was thinking about it and now he won't stop bugging me about it.

"I don't know. Depends on if I finish unpacking early." I say, leaning up against the jeep.

"What does he look like anyways?" Nick asked. I was about to answer when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I look over and he stood there in all his nerdy glory. "Is that him?" Nick asked.

I smiled and walked up to him, Nick following behind me. "Ready?" I asked.

He shifted nervously and gripped his backs back straps. "Yeah." 

"Hey, my name's Nick. Nice to meet you." Nick introduced himself to Theo, friendly smile on his face.

He held out his hand and Theo hesitated before he shook it. "Theo." He replied. He looked back up at me. It was cute how shy he was. I just wanted to grab him and stuff him in my pocket.

I shook my head and focused. "If you don't mind, Nick is coming along to help."

"I don't mind. But I do wish we could hurry this up." He said. I smiled. Bossy. I gestured for Nick to get in the car and I went to the other side. He backed and drove off and I followed.

I turned off the car as soon as we got parked and me and Nick hopped out to take the bags. He turned off his car a few minutes later and got out. He stood by the door, waiting. I'm glad he didn't try to come pick any one of these up. I don't want him to strain himself.

Nick grabbed a suitcase and a backpack and I carried two suitcases. I noticed him watching me, mostly my muscles. He pressed the button when we were all on the elevator and it went up. I put the suitcases down for a minute and flexed my arms. It wasn't that heavy but I'm a lazy person.

I noticed him shifting a lot and I hope he wasn't uncomfortable with his body. Because I know I like it. The doors opened and he went ahead of us and unlocked the door. He opened it and we went in and dropped the bags off in the living room. I checked out my new apartment and smiled. Finally.

I reached down to grab the bags again and then I noticed that there was only four bags in total. I double checked them. "Hey, Nick?" I called.

He came up to me. "Yeah?"

"Was there another bag left?" I asked. I counted the bags one last time and the numbers were still the same. I looked back at Nick.

"No I don't think so. Why? Are you missing one?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had another backpack." I said. He ran his fingers through his hair and let out an annoyed groan. I can't believe you, Calum.  "I left it by my bed. I was rushing to get everything in before he came home and I forgot it." 

Nick looked up at me and bit his lip. "Do you want me to go with? Maybe it could lessen the blow." He said. He understood what I was worried about. I saw Theo walk quietly to the kitchen, trying not to bring attention.

"No! It'll make it worse. I'll be quick. Keep Theo company." I said. Might as well get it over with now.

I went back down and hopped in my car. I started it up and drove out. Don't be home. Don't be home. He was home. I pulled into the driveway and got out, leaving the car running. Maybe he's in his room. He wasn't in his room. He was in the living room, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other.

I walked up the stairs, trying not to drag to much attention to myself. I was obviously going to have to tell him sooner or later. I grabbed my last things and double checked. Clear. I went back downstairs and watched him. He rocked back and forth slowly in the chair, taking a swing every minute. He felt my gaze and he turned and looked at me. "What?" He said, voice scratchy.