Chapter 9

* Theo's POV *

He was not who I expected. I saw him, sitting in his grey jeep, small smile on his face. I won't be able to do it. I'm not gonna make it. But you need this Theo.

I sucked it up and went over to his car. He grabbed something and opened the door and got out. He closed the door and turned and faced me. "Hi." He said. I had to look up at him and believe me, it didn't feel good.

"Come on." I said, turning around so I wouldn't have to face him. Don't make this weird, Theo.

"Hey, Theo." Said Shirley. Then she looked behind me and saw the bulky dude that was following me and she stood straighter. "Hi, stranger." She said, twirling her hair.

He smiled at her and she blushed. I rolled my eyes and pressed the button. The door opened and we walked in. "That's Shirley. She's nice. I live on the fourth floor." I pressed the fourth floor button and the doors closed.

"One question," he said, his deep voice shaking my insides. "Do you allow dogs here? I've been thinking about getting a dog." He asked, looking over at me.

"Yes." I said, looking back up at him. He held my gaze and the doors opened so I broke it. I walked out, him following behind. "This is the room. I have a spare key that you can have. It lock automatically." I unlocked the door and opened it. "After you." I said.

He walked in, looking at everything. I tidied up more before he got here and opened the windows to let in a little air. I also put the curtains up. I watched him as he walked around, taking in all the surroundings. "Its nice." He said, looking at me with a grin on his face.

I shoved my hands in my pockets. "Your room is over here. I mean..if you want it." I walked past him and led him to his room. I opened the door for him and he walked in. The room didn't have much. It had a bed right across and beside the bed it had a nightstand and on the left wall it had a dresser. And it had a single chair on the right side. He walked in and sat on the bed, still smiling.

I've never seen someone so happy to live in a small room and small apartment with a weirdo. "I like it." Take it. Take it all.

"I'll show you my room." I said, gesturing for him to follow. I led him back through the living room and past the kitchen. "There's the little kitchen." I pointed out. "And this is my room." I showed him and he respected my are and looked around from outside my room.

"Its nice. I like your style." He said.

"Trust me, it's a lot messier than this." I said. "That's the bathroom. Sadly, there's only one bathroom here but there's another door so you don't have to come through here." I said, showing him the other door to the bathroom that was by the entrance. I closed my door. "And that's it."

He turned to me and smiled again. I had to admit, his smile was dazzling. "When can I move in?"

I stumbled over my words. "Um, really? Well, whenever I guess."

"I'm sorry," he shook his head. "I forgot to introduce myself." He said.

"Oh, that's fine. I know who you are. Who doesn't?" His eyebrow raised and I realized what I said. "Um, my name's Theo Walcott."

He held out his hand. "Nice to meet you. I hope we get along great." I shook his hand and my hand felt so little in his. "I don't want to barge right in and bring all my stuff in so how about I move in Saturday?"

"There's no problem, I wouldn't mind if you moved in tomorrow or today." I shrugged, trying to play it off. But I really needed to know how much money he'd be willing to pay for rent. I felt selfish just thinking about it but I know already that I need him. No Theo! Not like that!