Chapter 42

The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Random song that I just wanted to throw in here! Love this song soooo much! :)

********
* Calum's POV *

"I'm not a jealous person! I just don't like when people touch things that are mine." I mumble, glancing over at him as he reads from his book.

He's still accusing me of being jealous, though it's been awhile since Nikki teased me like that. She apologized but laughed over my reaction. It was Monday night, the week before Thanksgiving break.

He was reading a book and I was sitting beside him watching a movie on the laptop while Lou slept between us. I didn't want to bother Theo while he was reading because he would get mad at me and say mean things to me.

"Really? Things that are yours?" He says, glancing up at me from the top of his book. He's been studying a lot and reading a lot so we haven't gone out a lot but we did go out a few days ago to take Lou out to the park. He had so much fun and I almost cried watching him so happy. But I don't cry.

"Yes. You're mine, right? So I own you." I smirk pausing the movie. I just put on a random comedy and secretly watched him.

"Oh wow. You're so romantic." He rolls his eyes, going back to reading. He was reading some big book that I didn't know.

"Aw, thanks." I say, reaching over and petting Lou softly as he silently snored. He's grown so much since we've gotten him. He's at least twenty inches tall now and he's soo chubby.

His ear twitched slightly and I pulled my hand back. Theo went quiet, getting drawn into the book again. I recognized his focused face. The face he has when he's so focused in a book that he doesn't hear anything you say to him.

I sighed and slowly stood up from the bed, trying not to wake Lou. It was only about nine thirty and I was tired after work. I wanted to go to the gym tonight but I didn't feel like it after work. I wanted to go to loose some weight but I decided to work on my biceps and abdomen.

I walked out of the room, leaving the door cracked behind me. I stretched my legs and I opened the fridge. I decided to fix me a small bowl of ice cream. We needed to clean around the house before Mia came over. Theo says he wants to drive there and pick her up on Friday. I asked him why not just leave Saturday and he said he didn't even want her to spend one night alone.

He didn't want me to go with him. He wants to take Genevieve instead. I threw a mini fit when he said it and I asked him why and he says that he wants me to stay with Sam and plan a little Welcome party for her. I think he just doesn't want to overwhelm her with introducing me as his boyfriend. At least I think it is.

I put the ice cream back in the fridge and I take the bowl to the little table. I sit down and I eat my ice cream, thinking about random things.

The door slowly opens and I look up, expecting Theo. But instead, Lou paws open the door and he walks out, his fingernails clicking on the floor as he makes his way over to me. He stops and stretches, his back arching down. I smile, watching him get back up and make his way over to me.

"Hey bitch." His head tilts to the side. "Just kidding. You're a boy." He puts his paws on my knees and he stares up at me, his big brown eyes searching for what I'm eating. "You want some?" I say, scooping some up with the spoon. His tail wags slowly and he watches the spoon. "Nope. Too bad. But you can have a little bit of food. I mean, you already ate." I put my spoon down and I stand up, him jumping back and following into the kitchen.

I open the cabinet, pulling out the huge dog food bag that I bought at Wal-Mart. He barks happily and I pour just a little more in his food bowl. I don't want to wake up to a big surprise from him tomorrow.