Chapter 51

* Calum's POV *

"You look so handsome." I mumble in his ear, tightening my arms around his waist. He wiggled teasingly on my lap and he kisses my cheek.

"Thank you baby." He whispers back, smiling. The heat from the bonfire was making me sweat slightly but he was cold so I moved closer. He was still a little cold so I just picked him up and put him on my lap.

He was shy and trying to get off but I tightened my grip on him and he complied. Now he was a happy mess and he was laughing at every little thing and he had a smile plastered on his face. It made me happy to have him back on me like this. And no, not in a sexual way but to just be able to hold him again.

I nibbled on his ear and he giggles. All his shyness and nervousness is now completely gone and he's all smiles. He takes his glasses off for a minute and he puts them inside the hoodie pocket. He leans into my chest and he snuggles up on my lap. "You're so warm." He smiles again, his breath tickling my neck.

"Well thanks. You're cold." I lean my head against his and watch the wood burn. Mia, Gen, and Sammy were all in their own conversation. Lou and Kate are running around, playing with each other.

"You can say that again." He stuffs his hands into his hoodie pockets and he sighs. Actually, my hoodie pockets. He left the hoodie in the car and he ran back to get it before we went outside. He seems to enjoy wearing my hoodie.

I close my eyes for a minute, feeling the warmth of him and the fire. "I talked to my dad today." I blurt out, barely above a whisper. I didn't think he heard me but he tensed slightly.

"What happened?" He asked, leaning up to look at me.

"I went to the house to check on him and I ended up staying for awhile." I shrug, closing my eyes again.

"Was it....bad?" He asks hesitantly, trying to find the right words.

"Nah. I mean, he's gotten better." I told him about all the things that happened and he lays there silently, listening.

"Oh. Are you okay?" He asks, his finger trailing down my nose and to my lips.

"Yeah. I mean, I'm not sad or mad. But I'm not ready to really 'be a family' again. He tried to pressure me at first but I kinda freaked out." I can tell I'm getting sleepy and he could tell too. I don't even know what time it is.

"Well, um, I'm sorry? I don't really know how to respond." He chuckles nervously.

"You don't need to. I just wanted to tell you." I smile and open my eyes, meeting his beautiful ice blue eyes. He stares up at me with an innocent face, wide eyes, pink cheeks. "Have I ever told you how handsome you are?"

He smiles and he rests his cheek against my chest. "Shut up." I smile and he lifts himself back up and he kisses me, a soft passionate kiss.

******

We all get back to the apartment around twelve or one in the morning. I was pretty beat and so was Theo. Mia was full of life and she was examining the apartment, wide eyed.

"So I sleep in the guestroom?" She asks as I finish moving her bags for her.

"Yup. Or would you rather sleep on the couch?" Theo smiles, leaning against me.

She grins and shakes her head. "No. But if I'm sleeping here....then that means that you two sleep together?" She raises her right eyebrow, looking from me to Theo.

I don't even have to look at him to know how badly he's blushing. "S-shut up. Go to sleep." He scoffs, standing straight again. He crossed his arms over his chest and he puckered his lips.