Chapter 47

* Theo's POV *

I hear mumbling coming outside of the bedroom door. My eyes are closed but I still listen carefully. I can recognize Callies voice but I don't know the other person. I throw the covers off of me and I climb out of the bed. I make sure I'm quiet as I walk to the door.

As quietly as I can, I open the door and look out. Nick was sitting close by Callie on the couch while talking. They were whispering and it seems as if Nick is angry about something.

Without thinking, I open the door all the way and step out. Lou hears me first. I notice his ears stick up and he sits up, getting up out of Nicks lap. Calum then looks over and sees me. Nick does the same and he gets up.

"Theo....." He shoves his hands in his jacket pocket. I take a step closer and I smell a faint hint of smoke. Callie or Nick?

I squint from the bright light and I wrap my arms around myself, shivering. "Callie? Come to bed, please?" I didn't want to be disrespectful but I don't see why Nick's here. Does he want something?

"In a minute, babe. I'm gonna walk Nick downstairs." He says, putting his hand on Nicks shoulder. I purse my lips and turn around without a word. I snap my fingers for Lou to follow and he does. "Babe?"

"Whatever." I mumble. I close the door and walk back to the bed, shivering. I really need to get someone to fix this damn heater. I'm freezing.

I climb under the covers, snuggling up. Lou jumps up and cuddles up beside me. I throw my arm over him and bury my nose in his thick fur. At least Lou wants to cuddle with me. I close my eyes for a few minutes, drifting back off to sleep.

Lou disappears from under my arm and is replaced by a warm bodied human. "Babyyyyy." Callie whines, pulling me closer to him. I pretend I'm asleep and just ignore him. "Babe? Please? My handsome baby boy, daddy's talking to you."

My eyes snap open and I'm met with a huge grin belonging to Calum. "Really?" I roll my eyes and roll over onto my side, back facing him.

"Aw baby don't you like it? I do." He kisses my ear and a small smile forms on my face. "Yes." He chuckles.

"Hold me, daddy. I'm cold." I tease, snuggling into him. I hear him inhale sharply.

"Never mind. Don't say that. It's too...." he falters.

"Too....?"

"Sexy." He kisses my ear again. I giggle and roll over and snuggle into him. He's sooo warm. How?!

"Oops." He wraps his arms around me and he holds me tight to him. He pulls the covers over us and he tucks me in. I kiss him softly, just once. He kisses me back and then pulls back.

"Sleep baby. It's late." He mumbles, burying his nose in my hair. I nod my head and close my eyes. It doesn't take very long for me to fall back asleep.

******

"So what time are you leaving babe?" Callie asks from the bathroom. I already finished my shower and brushing my teeth and it was his turn. I was looking for some clothes, something warm.

"Five. Four thirty. Not sure." I said, pulling out a black long sleeve sweater. I got some matching black pants and my shoes. I sat down on the bed as he came out of the bathroom, hair dripping wet. He dried it with the towel, chest naked. He had a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips but I didn't mind.

"Alright. But that means I'm gonna have to sleep alone." He pouts, walking over to me.

"Aw I'm sorry luv but I gotta go. Anyways, I thought you wanted to meet her." I smirk, pulling my pants up. He throws the towel across the room and he's left standing in front of me with only the towel on his hips.