Chapter 27

* Theo's POV *

"Theo!" I turn around and see Calum run towards me. I slip my keys back in my pocket and I adjust my backpack on my back.

"I didn't think you'd show." I smiled. He came up to me and he gave me a quick hug.

"I told you I would." He said, smiling down at me.

"I know. I would've understood anyways." I shrugged.

"There's too many people here. It was risky enough just giving you a hug. Unlock your car." He said as his hand motioned towards my keys.

I pulled out my keys and unlocked my car and we climb in. "How long can you stay in here with me?" I asked, reaching over and grabbing his hand.

"They only gave me ten minutes. But that's all the time I need." He said, his hand coming up to my face and moving my hair behind my ear. "So you're going to work?" He asked, his hand going back to his lap.

"Yeah. The game won't be long, will it?" I asked, frowning.

"Shouldn't be. I need to clean up afterwards and then me and you are going to do something to celebrate." He smiled at me.

"Will you just tell me?" I pleaded.

He shook his head. "It's a surprise."

I hated surprises. But I didn't want to ruin it for him so I just kept my mouth shut. "Fine. Anyways, I may get off early and go help Sammy with something. She asked if I could drop by around 6 and help her decorate something."

Calum bit his lip and he nodded his head. "Only her?"

I smiled. "Yes mom."

He looked over at me and he smirked. "I like daddy better." He winked and I blushed. "I gotta go baby. I'll try and text you during half time." 

"You don't need to text me or call me everytime we are apart. I can do things on my own." I said. He smiled kindly at me.

"I know. Is it wrong that I care?"

"Not really." I pushed up my glasses.

"Don't call or text you when we are apart. Got it." He said, his hand reaching for the handle.

"Calum," I whined. "I didn't mean it like that. I just don't want you to get in trouble or something. Take a break during halftime like you're supposed to. I'll be fine." I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Alright." He leaned over and he kissed my cheek softly. I closed my eyes and his lips drifted down to the corner of my mouth. "I'll see you later." He whispered.

I nodded my head. Just kiss me already.

He pulled away and he got out of the car. I frowned. He waved and then he ran back inside. I sighed and started the car.

******

I already had my work clothes in my car so I just went straight to work. I got there a little bit earlier than I thought and there was only about four people there.

I dressed into my work clothes in the bathroom and I put my other clothes back in the car.

"Oh hey Theo. Didn't expect you to come in today." I got behind the cash register and I looked over.

"Hey Nikki. I didn't expect you to be here either." She had her blue hair pulled up in a ponytail as she put some new cakes in the display.

"Yeah I was going to go to the football game with some of my friends but I decided to get some monay instead."