Chapter 3

* Theo's POV *

He smiled at me. I didn't dare look up again. "Oh, who are you?" Said the teacher. She was a tall blonde. She sounded nice.

I looked up and she gave me a small smile. "His name's Theo." Said Samantha. I handed her my schedule and she looked over the page.

"You're new! That's nice. Welcome to my class. I teach english and writing. The basics really." She handed me back my paper and turned to the class. "Everyone! This is Theo Walcott. He's new here and I hope you make him feel welcome." She said. Samantha went to her seat at the front of the class. "I'm Mrs.Gyllenhaal. Here, I'll write it on the board." She turned and wrote it down and turned back to me. "Pick any open seat you want." She said, urging me on.

I built up enough courage to look over again. There was a seat open at the very back and another by the window, beside Mr.Popular. I decided on the one by the window. I didn't want to be stuck at the back of the class and the window seat had a nice view. I walked over and quickly glanced at the guy next to me. He stared up at me, eyes scanning my body. I quickly sat down in my seat and ignored all contact with him.

"Where was I?" The teacher said. "Oh, wait. You need a book, Theo." She said, looking around.

"I can share with him." The guy next to me said. I looked over, suprised and he gave me a small smile.

"Thank you, Calum. Alright, let's get on with class. My name's Mrs.Gyllenhaal, as written on the board, and I'm your English teacher."

I stared out the window, watching cars pass by as the wind made the trees dance. She said a couple other things but I didn't pay attention. Calum. Nice name.

******

The classes passed by quick. Next was computer class. Luckily, he didn't introduce me. He just led me to my seat and carried on. Then there was math. She didn't even bother to look up. After that was lunch. Samantha was in the same lunch period so she invited me to her friend group. After that was art. I liked art, a lot. The teacher was super friendly and she let me sink in and do nothing.

And then there was P.E. My worst enemy. Thankfully, since I was new, they didn't make me do anything. Also because I didn't bring any clothes to dress out in. They warned me about four times to bring clothes or I'd have to do twenty push ups or something like that. And then last was social studies.

"Since this is the first day here I'm not going to force y'all to do anything. Also because most of you would just moan and groan and get nothing done. But tomorrow, we'll hit it hard." He said. I was ready to leave as soon as I got to school. I sat in the back of the class in social studies. He was a cool teacher. He seemed laid back but I may be wrong.

The bell rang and everyone pushed and shoved to leave. I went up to the teacher. "Do you do extra credit in this class?" I asked him. He looked up from his desk.

"First day here and you're already asking about extra credit." He smiled. "Sometimes. But you really won't need it. This class is pretty easy." He said.

I nodded my head and walked out. The hallway was still full of people trying to get out. I waited around for a bit and then went. I found my locker easily but I had to pull out my sheet to see what my combination was again. I got it the first try and opened my locker. I pulled out my backpack and stuffed everything in it. I got my phone and keys from my backpack and stuffed them in my pocket.

I shut my locker and threw my backpack over my shoulder. The hallway was pretty clear now so it wasn't much of a struggle getting out. I scanned the parking lot, trying to remember where my car was. I found it and walked over. I stopped when I saw everyone crowding my car.