Chapter 11

* Theo's POV *

The whole day I heard people talking about a party at some girl house on Saturday. I heard there was going to be booze and weed and other bad things. Probably a lot of smoking and fun playing. I can't believe Sammy had the nerve to ask me if I was going.

"Do you think that lowly of me, Sammy?" I asked her, shutting my locker. I had social studies next, only about two more hours till school was over.

"No! It's just....this party is supposed to be awesome and I mean, it's the beginning of the school year and maybe we should do something...different?" She said, shrugging. She wore her long red hair up in a messy bun.

"Different as in probably catching different types of diseases at that party? Different as in probably getting drugged? If so, I'm all in." I replied, sarcastically, as we walked down the hall.

"Hey, it may not be that bad. Maybe there's no booze or weed and everyone is lying." She said, holding her books to her chest.

"I highly doubt that, Sammy. I'm not a party person in general but a party like this... I know better. "But go on, enjoy yourself. Nobody is stopping you." I said, parting from her as I walked down a different hall to get to class.

"Thanks for the heads up, Theo!" She yelled after me, sarcastically. 

"No problem." I said to myself. I walked into the classroom and found my seat. I waited as more people stumbled in and took their seats. The teacher started class by making us take notes.

We basically took notes the whole class. He said instead of a bunch of homework, he'd just make us take notes to study. He probably just didn't want to take up and grade all the homework. I didn't realize the time until he said that we could put up all of our stuff.

It's almost time. I got all nervous inside to see him. I knew better. He's a bad boy and heartbreaker and probably has never had one dirty thought an out another guy. And even if he was bi, I was most likely not his type. A buff and tall guy like him would most likely want someone as equal to perfection as he is. And my short, twig like body, would not fulfil those dreams.

Lost in thought, I didn't hear the bell ring. So when people jumped up from their seats and ran, I freaked out. Luckily, nobody saw. I got up and walked out, sensibly. I got to my locker and took all of my books with me, in my backpack. I closed my locker and headed for the exit. Get ready, Theo. I thought, mentally preparing myself.

I left the building and headed for my car. He stood there, leaned against his jeep, talking to some other dude. I stopped a few feet away and he looked over at me. So did the other guy and he asked, "is this him?"

Were they talking about me? I shifted, uncomfortably. I don't deal really well with people talking behind my back. That's where trust issues bloom for me. Calum walked up to me, bringing along the other guy. "Ready?" He asked.

I gripped my backpack straps. Of course! "Yeah." I replied.

"Hey, my name's Nick. Nice to meet you." Said the other guy. I looked over and he smiled at me.

He held out his hand and I shook it. "Theo." I replied, softly. My gaze shifted back to Calum. He stared at me, a weird look in his eyes.

He snapped back to attention. "If you don't mind, Nick is coming along to help."

"I don't mind. But I do wish we could hurry this up." I said, squinting from the sun. He smiled and gestured for Nick to get in the car.

I went to my car and started it up. I waited till he was in the car and then I backed out. I headed on my normal route and checked my rearview mirror every once in awhile to see if he was still there.

I pulled into the parking lot in my reserved spot and he pulled in on my right. I needed to talk with the owner about him getting his own space now. I got out and turned off the car. He was already out, opening the back of his car. I knew that I wouldn't be able to help carry bags but I could open the doors for them.

Nick grabbed a a suitcase and a backpack and Calum carried two suitcases. I watched how his muscles flexed as he lifted them up, his shirt tightening and emphasizing the elephants he had for his biceps. I pressed the button when we were all on the elevator and it went up. They let out sighs as they rested for a minute.

I stood there awkwardly. They didn't say anything though. The doors opened and I went ahead of them and unlocked the door. I opened it and moved out of their way. They dropped the bags off in the living room. Calum looked around the apartment, smiling. "Finally." He whispered. I figured he was tired and w as ready to go to bed because I didn't help at all and I was already tired.

He looked back down and was about to pick up the bags when he froze. I watched him as he counted the bags. "Hey, Nick?" He asked.

Nick looked over at him. "Yeah?" I shut the door and stood there.

"Was there another bag left?" He asked. He counted the bags one last time and then looked back at Nick.

"No I don't think so. Why? Are you missing one?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had another backpack." He said. He ran his fingers through his hair and let out an annoyed groan. "I left it by my bed. I was rushing to get everything in before he came home and I forgot it." Calum said.

Nick looked up at him and bit his lip. "Do you want me to go with? Maybe it could lessen the blow." He said, trying to comfort Calum. I didn't understand what they were talking about so I just walked to the kitchen and minded my own business.

"No! It'll make it worse. I'll be quick. Keep Theo company." He said. I didn't even have time to ask where he was going before the door slammed shut.

Nick looked over at me. I didn't know what to say so I just held up what I was eating and said, "Food?"

********

Me and Nick took the bags to Calum's new room after we ate a small snack. We thought about being nice and unpacking his bags for him but decided that he was a big boy and that he could do it himself.

We were about to sit down on the couch when the door swung open. Calum walked in, head bent down, fists clenched. His hair was messy and his shirt was stretched. I didn't know how to react so I made my way silently to my room. I don't think I wanted to know what was going on. Calum grabbed Nick and dragged him to his room. He closed the door and I ran to mine.

I wanted to know what happen but obviously I didn't ask. I heard angry sighs and hushed voices coming from the room. I sat in the edge of the bed and waited for them to finish. My mind drifted off and I imagined what they were talking about. Did he get in a fight? Maybe he freaked out when he couldn't find his bag? Maybe he found out that someone took it.

I heard the door open and I heard Nick say something to him in a low voice. I decided whether I should go out there or not. Then I heard the door close and footsteps coming to my room. I freaked out and tried to act normal. There was a knock on the door and I froze. I slowly walked towards the door and opened it.

"I'm sorry about earlier. Ill be in my room, unpacking." Calum said. He had a small smile on his face. I know that fake smile, I pull it off all the time. He turned and went back to his room. I pushed up my glasses and closed my door. I don't like this tension.

I decided to take a shower and watch some tv afterwards. I grabbed some fresh pajamas and went to the bathroom. I made sure to lock both doors and I got in the warm shower.

I finished quickly and dried off my hair. I dressed and went out into the living room. I heard rustling coming from Calum's room and I sat down on the couch. I decided against going and asking him if he needed help and instead watched spongebob.

He came out of his room a few minutes later, in sweatpants and a black tank top that defined his bulky arms and hard chest even more. I gulped and tried not to stare. Don't make this weird, Theo.

He sat down by me on the couch and watched tv with me. We didn't speak to each other or look at each other. We just spent the rest of the night watching spongebob and laying down on the couch. Laughing occasionally because we're childish.

******