Chapter 18

* Calum's POV *

I watched secretly as he bit the tip of his pencil in confusion. He would write, then bite his pencil, then write, and then bite his pencil. His hair would fall in his face once in awhile and he'd have to stop and tuck it back.

He caught me staring once but didn't say anything. The bell rang and we walked out together. Tiffany scowled and walked away. I had a different class for second period so we had to part ways. He gave me a second glance and I did too as we parted. And then lunch came. I found where he sat and was tempted to go sit by him but my friends pulled me back to the table.

I felt really stalkersih watching him but he amazed me. I wonder who he was texting yesterday that made him so happy. He scanned the lunchroom and his eyes fell on mine and he smiled at me. I felt my cheeks warm up and I smiled back. Then his friend got his attention and he turned around.

I put my hand to my cheek. Did I just....blush? Oh wow. He made me blush. I've never blushed before.

Before I knew it, it was the end of the day. I left early so I had to wait by my car for Theo. I saw him walking out and I was about to get in the car when Tiffany came up to me and kissed me. I took a step back, wide eyed. "What the fuck, Tiffany. What's your problem?" I asked.

She smiled and looked away I followed her gaze and Gina had her hands on her hips, glaring at us. Really? Somebody help this poor girl. And then I turned and looked for Theo and he stopped, watching us. Tiffany smiled and walked away but I kept my eyes in Theo. He gave me such a disappointed look that it hurt.

He had no choice but to get into the car since I was his ride home so he just kept his head down and walked over. I unlocked the car and climbed in. He came in a minute later but he didn't say anything. "How was your day?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

He shrugged and stared out the window. I bit my lip and started driving. We arrived at the apartment and he climbed out and left without me. I wanted to shout at him that it wasn't my fault but I couldn't.

Why is he so mad? It's not like he likes me or anything....right? I locked my car and went inside and took the stairs up. I got to the room and he was unlocking the door. We both went in and I threw my bag down on the couch and grabbed him. I turned him to me and he stared at me wide eyed.

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked. I knew why but I wanted him to tell me.

He shrugged my hands off of his shoulders and took a step back. "I'm not mad. I just thought you were better than that." He looked down at the ground.

"What do you mean?" I grabbed his chin and raised his head up. I was being really touchy today. I mean, we almost kissed in the bedroom this morning.

"Playing with girls like that. Getting attention whenever you can. And then laughing about it." He said, staring into my eyes.

"I'm not laughing." I said. I took a step closer to him. I do really want to kiss him. He has no idea what the fuck he does to me.

"No?" He asked, tilting his head up more. I don't know if it was my imagination but I'm almost positive that he leaned forward too. Does he want me to kiss him too? Only one way to find out.

"I just think it's funny when they throw themselves at me." I said, leaning down and bringing his head closer to mine. He flinched and pulled away. Wrong answer.

He turned around and went to his room and kicked his shoes off and took his backpack off. "Exactly." I stood there, trying to figure out if he really just rejected me. Huh, that's never happened before. I blinked and turned to him. He opened the refrigerator door and looked for something to eat. "Whatever. I don't care anymore."