Chapter 34

* Calum's POV*

I stood up and Meghan got the leash and opened the door slowly. She quickly clicked the leash on Louie's collar and she let him out. His tail was like a whip, hitting everyone in the legs. He jumped up me, at least as far as he could get, his tongue hanging out as he jumped around happily.

He noticed Theo and Theo got down and petted him. He rubbed up against his hand, wanting Theo to scratch him. He scratched under his chin and he stilled, his tail wagging happily. When Theo stopped, he came back for more. We laughed and Theo stood back up.

Finally.

Meghan gave me the leash and we walked him back to the desk. "Just one more thing. Will you put your signature here and the time and date? For records sake." She said, handing me a pen and paper. I switched hands and I signed all that she needed me to. "Alrighty! You're ready to go. Just let me say bye to the little guy."

She walked around the desk and she got on her knees and she petted him. She stood back up and she smiled. "Is it all done?"

"Yup. Tell your friends about us, we have a lot of great dogs here. Oh and I walked and fed him before y'all got here so don't worry." She said. She smiled at us and we walked out. Louie jumped around happily, tongue still hanging out.

"So he already had his shots?" Theo asked, smiling down at him.

"Yup. It's all done." I said, heading to the car. Theo opened his door and got in and I picked Louie up. I held him out for Theo to get but he just looked at me.

"What?" He asked.

"Um, hold him." I laughed.

"I'm carrying him?"

"Yes. I'm not just going to put him in the back without anything there."

"I don't think I can handle him. He's hyper." He gulped. I rolled my eyes and looked down at Louie. He was staring up at Theo, panting. His ear flopped down in his face but he didn't blink.

"Yeah. Sure." I said. I hoisted him in and out him in Theo's lap. He wrapped his arms around him and he took the leash.

I closed the door and I walked over to the other side. I took out my keys and I got in. I started up the car and looked over at my two babes. Louie had his face up against the window, ready to feel the wind.

I smiled and I rolled down the windows and he barked. I pulled out of the driveway and headed back to the apartment.

*****

When we got back, we let him loose to get a whiff of the place.

Bad idea.

He jumped around and ran under everything and knocked some stuff over. Theo chased after him, picking up anything he dropped.

"He's just getting used to his territory." I smiled, watching Theo and Louie.

"But what if he breaks something? This is no laughing matter Calum!" Theo growls at me, trying to grab Louie. I sit down on the couch and then here comes Louie. He jumps up on the couch and he snuggles up in my lap.

"At least someone appreciates me." I smiled, picking up one of the toys we bought him and playing with him.

Theo scoffed and he held up his hands, admitting defeat. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom." He pets Louie once more and he walks off.

I look down at Louie. "Who's a good boy?" He looked up at me and he barks happily.

I turn on the tv and we watch tv together. I check the time. 3:24. Schools out by now. I wonder if Sammy is still coming over to see Louie.