Chapter II

Sirius P.O.V

My mother looked at me sternly. ‘Now listen carefully.’ She ordered. ‘You better be in Slytherin or you’ll be in big trouble! Don’t be a disgrace to our family name! Don’t hang with mudbloods, blood-traitors or half-bloods. And be nice to your cousins!’

‘To Bella?!’ I told her. That woman is mad! Even madder than Bellatrix herself.

‘Cousin Bellatrix is a great girl! You should be more like her!’

Girl? More like a snake! I grabbed my trunk and got on the train. I'd hardly walked two steps before I ran into someone. It was a boy of my age. I helped him up and introduced myself.

‘James Potter.’ Was his answer. Potter, purebloods, blood-traitors, he seemed like a fun guy to hang out with. ‘Wanna sit together on the train?’ He asked. ‘I haven’t found a compartment yet.’

 ‘Yeah sure.’ I told him and I helped him looking for one. Everything was full except for one compartment in the back. There was one girl in there so I slid the door open. ‘Mind if we sit here? Everywhere else is full.’ She didn’t look up. I looked at her, she seemed familiar somehow. She had dark brown hair which came down to her waist and she seemed to be a first year. Apparently she was so deeply engaged in the book she was reading that she didn't even hear us.  ‘Uhm, helloooooooo?’ Still no reaction. I walked up to her, followed by James and stole her book. ‘I said: Mind if we sit here.’ Her head snapped up and her cheeks flushed. Now I could see her bright blue eyes.

‘Oh, you’re Faith. I remember you from Madam Malkin’s.’

‘Give me my book back, Black!’ She said angrily.

‘Mind if we sit here?’ I asked again.

‘Yes, now I do!’ She told me while grabbing her book back. We ignored her and sat down anyway.

‘So, Faith. It must be Faith we meet again.’ I told her cheekily. She just rolled her eyes and ignored me. James chuckled.

‘She’s ignoring you mate.’ I let out a small laugh as well. The compartment door slid open again. In the opening stood a girl with flaming red hair and a boy with long greasy black hair.

‘Can we sit here?’ she asked. James and I nodded, and Faith didn’t react, so they walked in and sat down.

‘I’m Lily Evans.’ The girl said. ‘And this is Severus Snape.’

‘What did you say his name was?’ Laughed James. ‘Snivellus?’ I started laughing as well.

‘Snivellus Snape!’ I said laughing ever harder. Faith looked up. She seemed to be annoyed.

‘Can you shut up?’ She snapped at us. ‘I’m trying to read.’

I stole her book again. ‘Well, you’re on a train with us. So, no reading. You’ll get it back when we arrive, maybe.’

‘You’re so arrogant!’ She told me angrily. I just shrugged.

‘I really hope you’ll be in Slytherin, Lily.’ Snivellus told the red haired girl. Oh, merlin. Slytherin?!

‘SLYTHERIN?!’ James exclaimed. ‘Who would want to be in Slytherin! If the sorting hat even tried to put me in Slytherin I'd leave! No, I’m going to be in Gryffindor like the rest of my family. Those are the good guys.  What about you Sirius?’I nodded. I didn’t want to be in Slytherin at all! My whole family consisted of muggleborn-haters and pureblood lovers. They all were in Slytherin, but Gryffindor sounded quite good to me.

‘Gryffindor too, if possible. I wanna break the family habit.’ I told him. ‘What about you Faith?’

She looked up again. ‘I guess Ravenclaw or maybe Gryffindor.’ Her eyes turned cold again. ‘But I don’t want to be in the same house as you.’

‘Just because we stole your book?’James laughed.

‘You interrupted my reading!’ She snapped.

‘So Snivelly.’ James said turning back to the greasy haired boy. ‘Is your hair naturally greasy or do you wash it with oil.’ I let out a bark like laugh and high-fived him.

The Evans girl stood up. ‘Come on Severus. We’ll find somewhere else to sit!’ She said angrily while leaving the compartment. She turned back to Faith. ‘You can come with us if you want.’ She told her. ‘We won’t let you sit with these bullying toerags.’

She nodded happily and grabbed her trunk before following Evans and Snivelly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Faith P.O.V

Just as we’d found a compartment to sit in I realized that Sirius still had my book. I stood up and Lily looked at me questioningly. ‘They still have my book and I’m going to get it back.’ I told her. ‘Won’t be long.’ I left the compartment and went back to the one we were in before. I slid the door open angrily. Four pairs of eyes turned to look at me. Okay, so two people had joined them. Not a big deal, I'd get my book back anyway.

‘Black! I want my book back.’

‘Sorry can’t do.’  He smirked. I wasn’t going to leave it at that. I stepped forward and tried to rip it out of his hands.

‘Believe me you can.’ I yanked it out of his hands and gave him evils before leaving the compartment.

‘I don’t think she likes you mate.’ I heard James say before I before I walked back to the compartment were Lily was waiting.

‘She will.’ Sirius said. ‘Eventually.’

No way Black. Not in a million years.

--  

I was standing on the stage, about to be sorted.

‘Black, Sirius.’ McGonagall read. Black put the hat on and after a few moments it shouted, ‘GRYFFINDOR!’ Some gasps were heared and most people at the Slytherin table looked offended and some even angry. He left and joined the cheering table clad in red and gold. A few other people were mentioned and then…

‘Campbell, Faith.’ I walked up to the sortinghat and put it on my head.

‘Mhm,’ a voice in my head said. ‘A good pair of brains. You’re smart enough to be in Ravenclaw. You’re not a Hufflepuff. You're ambitious, a Slytherin quality. Also, you are a trouble maker.’

‘HEY! I am not a trouble maker!’ I said out loud and I heard a few people laugh.

‘You’re courageous, brave. The perfect traits for Gryffindors. Better be… GRYFFINDOR!’ It shouted the last part and I smiled and left the stage. I went up to the Gryffindor table and sat down at an empty spot. I looked up to see who I was seated next to. Sirius Black, my luck again.

‘You just can’t stay away from me, can you?’ He smirked. I glared at him angrily but didn’t say anything.

‘Evans, Lily.’ I looked up to see Lily put the hat on.

‘GRYFFINDOR!’ It shouted only seconds later. Lily walked down the stage as we cheered and sat down beside me.

After a while McGonagall said. ‘Lupin, Remus.’ Remus sat down on the stool and put the hat on. I looked at him, he was one of those boys who'd joined Black and Potter. He had brown hair not long, but not short either and was a bit pale. He was quite tall for his age.

‘GRYFFINDOR!’

‘Pettigrew, Peter.’ He was the other boy who I’d seen on the train with Black and Potter. He had mousy brown hair and was quite fat and small. He had small eyes and a pointed nose. He looked like a mouse. When I whispered this to Lily she gave me a look that clearly said, ‘Be nice’. This boy was also sorted into Gryffindor and joined our table, they were both sitting across the table from Black.

‘Potter, James.’ Black looked up again as his friend’s name was called.

The hat hardly even touched his hair before it shouted, ‘GRYFFINDOR!’ and Potter joined his friends with a big smile on his face. He sat down on Black’s other side and I heard him say, ‘Glad you’re in Gryffindor’ to Sirius. I rolled my eyes.

‘Snape, Severus.’

‘Slytherin.’ Lily’s face fell and Sirius and James laughed. These were going to be seven tough years.