Chapter XXIII

‘Oh Merlin! Hide me!’ Lily exclaimed as she spotted Sirius and James.

‘James, Sirius!’ I shouted at them and they turned my way. When they saw me they smiled and waved before making their way towards me.

‘I hate you…’ Lily muttered.

‘Haters are gonna hate. Potatoes are gonna potate.’ I said with a shrug.

As I hugged Sirius, James spotted Lily. ‘Hey Ev-‘ He saw my look. ‘Hey Lily.’

She seemed taken aback because he’d just called her by her first name. ‘J-James.’ She stuttered her cheeks turning the colour of her hair.

When she turned away I high-fived him and whisper-yelled, ‘Progress!’ I’m a bad friend to Lily sometimes. I should support her more… but then again, what’s the fun in that. ‘Hey Sirius, I still have to get my potions book, care to join me?’ I gave him a meaningful look and pointed at Lily.

‘Uh yeah sure. I’d love to.’

We looked at them again, at each other, back at them. ‘Bye!’ and we ran.

‘Faith Naomi Campbell!’ Lily’s voice said angrily but we continued running.

‘She’s going to be pissed.’ Sirius told me.

‘Yeah I know. She’ll blow. Booom!’ I made an exploding movement with my arms and he laughed.

After getting my book we walked back until we reached Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

‘May I have the honour of getting an ice cream with you, milady?’ Sirius asked cheekily and he bowed. I laughed and bowed, pretending I was wearing a dress, before giving him my hand.

‘Of course, dear sir.’

‘No pistachio though… We don’t want a repeat of last time… that was painful for everyone.’

I stuck my tongue out at him.

------  

‘Hey Lily, how was your day?’ I asked her licking my ice cream.

‘You!’ She said pointing at me. ‘You are dead to me!’

‘Aaah Lils, don’t be like that.’ I said with a huge smile.

‘Dead. Dead I tell you!’

‘Had fun than?’

She mumbled something too low for me to hear, probably best I didn’t hear. I’m completely positive that it wasn’t the nicest thing she’d ever said.

‘Love you too.’ I exclaimed as I hugged her. Her anger slowly seeped away, well it did until I dared to ask her, ‘How’s the new Headboy and your future husband?’

She grabbed her bag, threw it over her shoulder and walked away towards her parent’s car, grumbling angrily. I laughed and followed her skipping happily. I’m so evil. I should’ve been locked up at birth and raised by nuns. Yeah. That would’ve been smarter than having me roam this earth without any psychological help. Oh well, too late now.

‘How were your days girls?’ Mr Evans asked us as we got in the car.

‘Mine was quite normal, thank you. But I’m sure Lily had a wonderful one, didn’t you Lily?’ She shot me a murderous glare and mouthed something I couldn’t understand.

Mr Evans looked at us from the rearviewmirror. ‘Did you really, Lily?’

‘You should’ve been shot at birth!’ She whispered dangerously.