Chapter VI

(A/N I checked it and it’s most likely that Professor Quirrell taught Muggle studies before 1990 so probably also the Marauder’s Era. Bear in mind that he isn’t evil yet ;P  )

After that incident I didn’t mind spending time with the Marauders anymore and I figured out that they were actually, as long as they weren’t hexing random first years and other students in the corridor, really nice guys and I had a lot of fun hanging out with them. I ran down the staircase into the common room. Lily and the girls went down earlier because they wanted to do some extra studying before class, so I was planning on going down to breakfast with the boys. As I walked past the notice board I saw sometime really interesting. ‘Guys, check it out. Hogsmeade coming Saturday.’ They walked up to me.

‘Ah cool! I’m going to ask Evans out.’ James said confidently.

‘Yeah, good luck with that.’ I laughed as I patted him on the back.

‘Are you going with us?’ Remus asked. I thought about it for a few seconds.

‘I don’t know, depends on what the girls are doing.’ I said honestly.

‘So, we’re your second choice?’ Sirius laughed.

I stuck my tongue out at him. ‘Yes.’ I looked at him. ‘Is it so hard to dress properly?’ I scolded him. He had his tie hanging loosely around his neck and wasn’t wearing a jumper or cloak, and he was wearing red Vans sneakers. ‘The teachers are going to kill you.’ I sang happily.

‘Like you’re dressed in a full uniform.’ He retorted. I looked down at myself. Okay, I was not wearing black flats, I was wearing Black converse All-stars high-tops and instead of grey socks, I was wearing white. I was not wearing a cloak either but I was wearing my jumper with my tie neatly tucked in.

‘What are you talking about?’ I asked.

‘What were You talking about?’

‘First off, your tie. Your turn.’

‘Your short skirt.’ I gasped.

‘It can’t be longer you arse, this is as long as it’ll go!’ Before we could start arguing, Peter came downstairs.

‘Geez Pete, what took you so long?’ James said.

I laughed. ‘Yeah, even I took shorter and I had to do my make-up, my hair, my-‘

‘We get it Faith!’ They all said and I rolled my eyes at them. We made our way down to breakfast talking about Hogsmeade and fooling around. Then all off a sudden the staircase started moving. I cursed and slipped, and fell down two steps. The guys started laughing as I got up and brushed the dirt of my skirt. I gave them an angry glare.

‘I’m okay, thanks for asking.’ I said sarcastically.

‘This is your fifth year Faith! You should know to hold onto the railing by now.’ Remus said shaking his head. He patted my back and we continued our way downstairs. Surprisingly the girls were still down at breakfast. I ran up to them leaving the boys to follow me.

‘Want to go to Hogsmeade together?’ I asked them cheerfully.

‘I’m sorry.’ Alice and Molly said at the same time. I rolled my eyes at them.

‘Dates?’ they nodded. ‘And you Lil?’

‘I’m going with Sev.’ I made a face. ‘He’s actually really nice if you get to know him Faith.’ I decided not to answer. I didn’t like him, I was sure he was going to get involved with the dark arts later it was only  a matter of time before Lily noticed too. The boys caught up with me.

‘Hey Evans.’ James said. Here it goes, I thought trying to hide a smile. ‘Want to go to Hogsmeade with me? You’ll have fun.’ Good so far. ‘I’m more fun than that Snivellus guy.’ And then he messes it up.

She glared at him. ‘I wouldn’t go with you if you were the last guy on earth Potter!’ His smile fell and Remus and Black patted him on the back, trying to hide a laugh.

‘Too bad, James.’ I laughed. ‘Well, I’m guess I’ll be joining you guys then.’ I told them as we sat down at the table. I poured some Pumpkin Juice into my cup and took a sip while grabbing some toast. I made a face at Sirius and James stuffing their face.

‘Can you pass me the bacon?’ Sirius asked, but it sounded more like, ‘Cweuve jveus sdne shde pesqn.’ Once again I made a face at him. 

‘Stop eating like pigs guys!’ I scolded them. ‘You’re in the presence of a lady.’

‘Who’s the lady?’ Peter asked curiously. Sirius and James started laughing which caused them to choke on their food, thanks Karma, and Remus shook his head at Peter. I glared at him angrily and stood up. He still didn’t seem to think anything was wrong.

‘What did you just say?’ I asked, venom dripping from my voice, he still didn’t notice.

‘I asked who the lady was.’ I slapped him making Sirius and James almost fall of their benches with laughter and even Remus cracked a smile. I walked away, changed my mind, walked back, finished my drink and took some toast, before walking away again.

‘What did I do wrong?’ Peter asked the others.

‘She’s a girl dumbass.’ Sirius laughed. ‘and not one to mess with.’

--- 

‘I walked into the library and threw my books angrily on the table.’ Lily looked up with curiosity.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘Stupid asshead Pettigrew!’ I growled before letting myself fall down on the chair next to her.

‘What’d he do?’

‘He freaking forgot I was a freaking GIRL!’ I yelled earning an angry glare from Madam Pince and making the girls giggle. ‘How’s that even funny?!’ I checked the clock. ‘Anyway, it’s time for class. Bye.’ I waved goodbye to them as I was the only one who had class the first hour. I had muggle studies because my dad wanted me to. I ran down to the second floor and joined Sirius and James in front of the classroom. They were the only Marauders that followed this lesson. James followed it to learn more about the world Lily grew up in, which I thought was adorable. When I told him he smiled and asked me to tell Lily how cute it was, which made me roll my eyes. Sirius followed it to annoy his family, which also made me roll my eyes. It’s a true miracle that my eyes haven’t fallen out yet.

‘Hi guys.’

‘Hi, Faith. Don’t worry we scolded Peter for forgetting the obvious fact that you’re a girl.’ Sirius said wrapping an arm around my waist his eyes scanning over me and I rolled my eyes at him.

‘I don’t know whether I should be flattered or creeped out.’

James laughed. ‘Probably the last.’ Sirius made a face at him.

‘Naturally.’ Then the teacher opened the classroom and we took our places at the back of the class. I was seated in between them. 

Professor Quirrell walked up to us to check if we made our homework but suddenly stopped in his tracks when he saw the two troublemakers I was sitting next to. He seemed scared of him and when I pointed this out to the boys they laughed.

‘what did you do?!’ I asked them my eyes widening. 

‘Homework.’ James said innocently. I raised an eyebrow. ‘We showed him something from a muggle joke shop but he didn’t appreciate it very much.’ They laughed.

‘What was it?’ I asked curiously.

‘Itching Powder.’ They said in unison and I gasped.

‘Really? Itching Powder? That poor guy.’ Sirius snorted. I knew he didn’t like Quirrell at all. He got his book out of his bag and hit his head against the table. James and I bursted out laughing as he groaned in pain. Quirrell looked at us angrily.

‘You three!’ He pointed at us. ‘Detention with Filch for disrupting my lesson!’ The laughter vanished immediately and I shot an angry look at the two boys. Great! Detention with Filch. Could it get any worse?!