Chapter XXXI

I stood next to Sirius and he pulled me as close as possible. We’d just said goodbye to Remus, Peter, Lily and James. Lily and James had a double date with Petunia and that Dursley guy. It was obviously going to be horrible and they were obviously going to hate James. I wish I could see it.

‘Promise to call, okay?’ Lily asked before they disapparated. We would see them again in a few days. We had an Order of the Phoenix meeting. We’d all joined the Order last night, to fight against Voldemort.

‘So where are we going?’ Sirius asked me. I turned to face him and smiled.

‘Home.’ I said before I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him softly.

------------------------ 

(A/N 3  years later)

‘Moony!’ I yelled happily before hugging him. He had been sitting on the sofa next to the fire in the Headquarters of the order, but was now standing up to greet us. I didn’t care that I was 21 in my mind I’d always be a child.

‘Hey Sparkle. Padfoot.’

‘FAITH!’ yelled Lily who had just entered the room.

‘Lily!’ she attacked me with a hug and I smiled at her. ‘You know I saw you yesterday, right?’ I asked her. She nodded happily so I squealed. ‘I MISSED YOU TOO! Where’s mini James?’ I then asked referring to her one year old son.

‘His name is Harry, Faith.’ She said annoyed with me. ‘Not mini James.’

‘Aw how sweet Lils you named him Harry Faith after me!’

She shook her head in disbelieve. ‘His name is HARRY!’ She shouted at me. ‘DO YOU UNDERSTAAAND?’

I rolled my eyes. ‘Fine. Where is Harry?’

‘He’s with my parents.’

I nodded and then I spotted James.‘Prongsy!’

‘Sparkle.’ James said with a laugh and I hugged him as well before he turned to Dumbledore who was watching us with a kind smile. ‘Peter couldn’t come, sir. He had another appointment.’ Dumbledore nodded in understanding.

‘Thanks for telling me James.’ He looked around. ‘Everyone’s here so we can start. I’ll go straight to the point, I have something bad to tell you.’ Nobody spoke as he sighed and looked up to meet all of our eyes. His eyes lingered for a second when they met Lily and James, and Alice and Frank.

‘Voldemort is after Harry or Neville.’ He told us and we gasped in horror.

‘What do you mean?’ Remus asked.

‘A prophecy was made concerning a child who would have the power to bring down Voldemort.’ He took a deep breath before he recited the prophecy.

‘The one with the power to vanquish the lord approaches, born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies, and the dark lord will mark him as an equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not, and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives, the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord will be born as the seventh month dies.’ He gave us a few seconds to let the prophecy sink in. ‘Both Harry and Neville are born in July. The end of July.’

‘The four of you will need secret keepers. Who are you choosing?’ James looked at Sirius.

‘Sirius,’ James asked. ‘Will you be our secret keeper?’

‘Of course James.’ Sirius said with a small smile. ‘That’s what brothers are for.’ It’s true they weren’t like friends, they were brothers.

‘Thanks.’

Dumbledore nodded before standing up and giving Lily and Alice’s shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

‘Meeting dismissed.’

---------- 

‘I can’t believe this.’ Lily sobbed on my shoulder. We were in their house and she had been crying ever since we got back.

‘Calm down Lily.’ I said reassuringly. ‘It’ll be okay in the end. Don’t worry. He’ll never get to you, we’ll make sure of that.’

‘Thanks Faith.’ She muttered.

‘No problem Lil.’ I said as I hugged her tightly.

I looked up at Sirius. ‘Shall we pick Harry up for you? Then you don’t have to leave the house.’ They nodded and thanked us before we disapparated home to get his motorbike.

‘This is terrible Sirius.’ I said.

He put an arm around me and kissed my temple. ‘I know. It is. Let’s just get Harry now.’ I nodded and we got on the bike.

I put my arms around his waist and put my head against his back to shield myself from the cold air. He accelerated, I knew he loved speeding. Only ten minutes later we arrived at Lily’s old house and rang the doorbell. Mrs. Evans opened the door, she looked tired but a smile appeared when she saw me.

‘Hi Mrs. Evans.’ I said with a smile. ‘We’re here to pick up Harry.’

She motioned for us to come in. ‘I hope nothing’s wrong with Lily and James.’

‘Oh no. Don’t worry.’ I lied. ‘We had to pick up something not too far from here anyway so we decided to pick Harry up when we were at it.’

We entered the living room where Mr. Evans was reading the newspaper. ‘Hellooooooooooo.’ I said happily and he looked up, a big smile on his face.

‘Hello Faith, long time no see. Hello Sirius.’

‘It indeed has been too long.’ Mrs. Evans added. ‘You should come to visit more often.’ I grinned and promised I would.

‘So where’s the little monkey?’ I asked. She got him and gave him to me. I held him close to me before saying goodbye to the Evans and disapparating to James and Lily’s, since I couldn’t sit on a motorbike with a child. Even I wasn’t that irresponsible.

When I apparated into the living room. He opened his eyes for a second. I smiled, they were exactly like Lily’s but he had James’ dark black hair. ‘I’m back!’ I sang.

I put Harry in Lily’s arms before I went home.

I let myself fall down on the couch next to Sirius who hugged me.

‘I was thinking,’ he started, making me look up at him. ‘Maybe it’s not a good idea for me to be their secret keeper. Everyone will expect me to be. We’ll need someone who we can thrust but doesn’t draw attention to himself. Someone like… someone like Peter. What do you think?’

‘I will stand on your side. You’ll have to decide what’s best for everyone, I won’t judge your decisions.’

‘I love you.’

‘I love you too.’

‘Always.’

‘Always.’

And our lips met.

I want to thank every single person that has read this story, voted, commented and fanned.

To express my emotions I’ll write it like this; THANK YOU, YOU AMAZINGLY AWESOME PEOPLE! I LOVE YOU!