Chapter XXII

(A/N Okay I’m going to skip a lot right now. Like a whole year, just because I don’t know any interesting that happens in the sixth year. I’m continuing in the seventh year, well… The holidays before the seventh year.)

‘Finished packing yet, dear? Lily and her parents will be here any minute.’ My mum asked me as I stuffed the last book inside my trunk.

‘Yeah!’ I yelled back to her. ‘Wingardium Leviosa.’ I then added to my trunk. I was so incredibly glad that I was allowed to use magic. Being of age is awesome. My trunk levitated down the stairs in front of me. Then I remembered the photo on my nightstand so I Disapparated back upstairs to get it. I smiled when I looked at it. It was a wizarding picture, it had a golden frame. It was a picture of Sirius, James, Remus, Peter and I. When I Apparated in the kitchen my mum let out a small scream.

‘Just because you’re allowed to use magic now doesn’t mean you have to use it for everything!’ She yelled at me before hitting me softly on the arm with the Daily Prophet. I grinned sheepishly. Then the doorbell rang.

‘LILY’S HERE!’I yelled, startling her again, before racing to the front door and threw it open. ‘LILY!’

‘FAITH!’ I hugged her.

‘Hello Mr and Mrs Evans.’ I added happily. ‘Petunia…’

‘Hello Faith.’ Mr and Mrs Evans said. The little bitch said nothing. They came in and I led them to the living room where my dad was, just as mum put the food and coffee on the table.

‘Mum, I’m going to take Lily outside, kay?’

‘Sure sweetheart, take Petunia with you as well.’ I faked a smile before rolling my eyes behind her back.

I took them to the garden and got my broom from the shed. ‘Look what I got for my birthday!’ I exclaimed happily as I pushed it in Lily’s hands.

‘Nice.’ She said without any interest.

‘LILY!’ I complained.

‘Okay! What a beauty Faith.’ She made a face. ‘I don’t care for brooms Faith, you know that! They remind me of..’ she shuddered. ‘Him…’

‘Oh!’ I suddenly remembered. ‘Did you get a Headgirl badge?’ She nodded happily.

‘I reckon that Remus has got Headboy. Do you know?’ An amused smile spread on my face. Oh, I knew alright…. And it wasn’t Remus.

‘No idea.’ I lied. Her eyes narrowed.

‘You’re lying…’ She got her wand out and pointed at me. ‘Faith Naomi Campbell! You better tell me or I will hex you.’

‘Oi! That’s my thing!’ Petunia was eying Lily’s wand angrily.

‘You are freaks! I’m telling mum!’ She told us but I just shrugged it off, I didn’t give rat’s ass about what she thought.

‘Who is it Faith?’

‘A certain Quidditch captain.’ I admitted.

‘No!’ She said horror struck.

‘Yes. James Potter.’

‘Oh god no! No! no! no!’

‘Yes. Yes. Yes!’

‘Why are you so happy about this?’ She asked me with her hands hiding her face.

‘You two are meant to be.’ I said.

‘NO! NO! NOOOOO!’

‘Yaaaais.’ I said in a Russian accent. My eye fell on Sunny who landed on my shoulder. ‘Sirius?’ I asked him and he hooted, in which I thought was confirmation. I shushed Lily who was just about to start arguing again.