Chapter III

I’m gonna skip some years and continue in their 5th year :)  Just so you know ;) It’s about a week before the 5th year starts

This year I was going to Diagon Alley without my parents. Lily and I had promised each other to meet in front of Madam Malkin’s. As I was walking down the street I heard a familiar voice call my name. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see Molly and Alice running my way.

‘Hi girls.’ I said happily before hugging the both of them. We’d shared a dorm since first year, together with Lily, and had become great friends over the years.

‘Off to meet Lily?’ Alice asked and I nodded.

‘Yeah, we still have to get our robes, wanna come?’

‘Yeah, I still need to get mine as well.’ Molly said.

‘I have mine already but I’ll go with you guys.’ Alice told me. When we got to Madam Malkin’s, Lily was already there.

‘What took you so long?’ She asked before attacking us all with a hug.

‘Wow, you must have really missed us.’ I laughed.

‘No, you saved me from Potter asking me to go out with him every two seconds.’ I laughed.

‘Ello Campbell, did you have a nice summer babe?’ A voice I didn’t want to hear asked me before wrapping his arm around my waist. I glared at him.

‘Let go Black, or you won’t ever be able to move that arm again.’ I snapped at him angrily. He slowly removed his arm.

‘Better luck next time.’ I heard Remus say as I continued to glare at Black.

‘Don’t. Count. On. It.’ I said before turning my back to them and walking into Madam Malkin’s followed by the girls. ‘Ugh!’ I said to them as soon as we were inside. ‘I can’t stand that bloody arrogant git!’

‘He’s better than Potter.’ Lily told me.

‘Never! He’s a conceited jerk who only thinks about himself.’ I told her as I leaned on one of the  clothing racks.

‘And you’re trying to tell me Potter’s ANY better?’ Molly and Alice just stood there shaking their heads at us.

‘You are aware that you guys are in a way, fighting over Potter and Black…’ Alice laughed which earned her glares from Lilly and I.

‘Ne-ver!’ We said at the same time.

‘Of course you are.’ I glared at Black, Potter, Pettigrew and Remus that had just walked in.

‘Are you EVERYWHERE!?’ I shouted angrily at him.

‘Why do you want me to be?’ He asked wiggling his eyebrows. I stumped away angrily and went into one of the dressing rooms. I slammed my fist against the wall in pure annoyance. I groaned in pain and looked at my hand. It was slowly turning blue and it hurt. This was all Black’s fault! I decided to ignore it and tried on my robes. After I’d tried on everything I paid Madam Malkin.

‘What happened to your hand!’ Lily gasped in shock.

Of course she had noticed! ‘Uhm, nothing?’

‘Faith Naomi Campbell, don’t you dare lie to me!’ She said.

‘Don’t say my middle name Lils!’

‘Tell me!’

‘I, uh, kinda slammed my fist into a wall.’ I muttered.

‘You did what?’ Alice laughed running closer to see my hand.

Molly looked worried. ‘I think it’s broken Faith.’ She said examining my hand carefully. ‘Come on let’s finish shopping and go home. We don’t want you walking around with that hand too long.’

After quickly finishing our shopping, the girls brought me home.

‘What happened!?’ My mum asked shocked when she opened the door for us.

‘Oh, Faith hit a wall.’ Alice said like it was the most normal thing ever.

‘She did what?’ My mum said while she began fussing over my hand.

‘Mum! Knock it off! I’m FINE!’ I said. ‘Just wave your wand and make it un-broken, please. Or let dad take me to this muggle ‘doctor’ he keeps talking about.’

Lily shook her head and Molly and Alice laughed. After that we just hung out for a while on the swings outside. We were just messing about, pushing each other off things, when a group of boys walked onto the playground. Lily, who I had just pushed off the swings, was yelling at me and Molly and Alice were laughing their heads off. They didn’t seem to notice the boys. I did, and they didn’t seem friendly, they looked like they were in some kind of gang. ‘FAITH NAOMI CAMPBELL!’ I flinched when she said my middle name. ‘I COULD’VE BROKEN SOMETHING! I COULD’VE DIED!’ I rolled my eyes.

‘1. Don’t say my freaking middle name Lily! 2. Don’t be a drama queen. 3. Potter would kill me if I did.’ I smirked at her. ‘and last, watch out.’ I pointed at the boys. ‘They don’t seem like good-guys. Let’s leave.’ Lily, Alice and Molly looked up and nodded.

‘Hey! You there!’ One of them yelled at us. I cursed and Lily shook her head at me. I decided not to be a coward and turned to face them.

‘What do you want!’ I said. A smirk appeared on his face. Crap. I should’ve kept on walking. It was too late for that now.

They came closer and, in reflex, my hand closed around the pocket my wand was supposed to be in. No wand. I started panicking and felt my other pockets. NO!  I shared a look with Lily who also felt her pocket and nodded in confirmation that she still had hers. I must have left it at home. Molly and Alice didn’t seem to know what was going on. They’d probably never seen gangs before because they were purebloods. Not that they acted like it.

‘Come on, let’s go.’ I said and we went back to my house.

‘What? Don’t want to chat.’ One of the gang members said sarcastically.

‘With you? No thank you.’ I said arrogantly. All those fights with Black were paying off.

‘Such arrogance.’ He smirked stepping even closer to us. ‘So unnecessary .’

‘You better leave us now.’ I said keeping a straight face before I started walking again.

‘Come on don’t be such a buzz kill.’ One of them laughed while grabbing my wrist.

I reached out and punched him in the face. He quickly let go and grabbed his own nose. He cursed loudly. ‘Do. Not. Touch. Me!’ I told him before walking away followed by the girls.