Chapter XXIV

‘When’s full moon, Moony?’ I asked him as we made our way to the Gryffindor Common room after the feast.

‘Not now, Sparkle.’ He sighed. ‘I have to lead the first years.’ I moaned in complaint and he walked away.

‘Killjoy!’ I told him.

‘Who’s a killjoy?’ James asked as Sirius and he joined my side.

‘Remus.’ I pouted.

‘Tell us something we don’t know.’ Sirius said.

I grinned. ‘Okay. Peter is dating Sarah.’

‘HE’S WHAT?!’ Two voices said and I bursted out laughing.

‘Just kidding! You should’ve seen your faces! Besides, everybody knows it’s Remus she likes.’ I skipped away happily.

‘Padfoot, mate, you really should have her checked up.’

‘I know. But she’s hot when she’s crazy.’

‘She’s always crazy.’

‘Oh I know.’ And they dared to call me crazy.

I skipped all the way to the Gryffindor tower singing happily, the boys following close behind me. The common room was filled with Gryffindor students of all ages. Remus was sitting in front of the fire with a book and Peter was on the floor at his feet. As soon as Lily spotted James she started yelling at him because he hadn’t fulfilled his Headboy duties. The last thing I heard before she stormed off was; ‘You’re not worth the title of Headboy.’ That was nice of her. I talk too much to her, my rudeness is rubbing off on her. Awesome!

I decided to be some sort of a good friend for once and followed her upstairs.

‘Lilykins.’ I sang as I entered our dormitory.

‘What?!’ She answered agitated.

‘Tell me, why are you really angry? We both know it’s not really James.’

‘It is!’ She exclaimed angrily. I raised my eyebrows.

‘C’mon Lilyflower you can’t lie to me.’

‘What’s this? Give Lily stupid nicknames day?’

‘Lily!’ I gave her one of my rare, serious looks. ‘Let’s be honest, okay? You’re angry at yourself because you’re starting to like him.’

Her cheeks turned a dark red and I knew that I’d been right. ‘I’m not.’ She lied after a few seconds.

I jumped on her bed, making her almost bounce off, and said, ‘No need to lie to me, I see right through you.’

‘Faith Naomi Campbell, get your dirty shoes of my clean bed!’

‘Oh shut up.’ I said rolling my eyes. ‘You really like using my middle name, don’t you.’ I then added sourly. She shrugged. ‘Come on this is what we’re going to do.’

‘Oh, you make the plans now?’ She said sarcastically.

‘Yeah, so shut up. My plans are awesome.’

‘Your plans never work. They only get you in detention.’

‘Well, then you have nothing to lose. So this is what we’re going to do: We’re going to go downstairs. You are going to have fun, for once.’ She stuttered something on her defence. ‘Shut up.’ I continued. ‘And if he talks to you; you’re going to be nice to him. He’s actually matured during the holidays.’ She raised an eyebrow. ‘Yes, he’s still a conceited jerk, but a nice one. And besides, he really does like you. Remember that every time you went on a date with someone, your date got ruined or they got hurt, which leaded in your date getting ruined.’ By the end of my speech I was doing everything in my power to not start laughing, I’d used a difficult word and it had reminded me of constipated.