The Parade ~DathideLui~

Hey guys, I'm back from benchmarks!! Sorry about the wait, makes me feel bad.  No worries though, posts will continue as usual! Now enjoy this one-shot!

Lui's POV

It was the annual parade and many people were setting up colorful streamers and balloons in every nook and cranny. Kids had little confetti poppers and candy waiting for the parade to start. I may be 20 years old, but my friends tell me that I have the mind of a five year old. "You excited David?" The tall Irish man held a red and green balloon, green for him, red for me. "Yeah. You've told me so much about this parade so it's gotta be special." I jump around looking at all of the decorations. "It's a seasonal thing. Since spring is coming up, the main colors are pastel. Everyone has to wear pastel or else something bad will happen. If you go all out pastel, your luck will increase for the rest of the week. It's tradition." He smiled widely. "Since all of my pastel clothes are dirty, we're going shopping!" I pull his hand towards the mall. He groans as we go through the sliding glass doors. "Lui, how long do you think this will take?" He sits down on a nearby bench. I think about last time...

~flashback last year~

"Evan, you promised! Plus you'll be able to dress up for Delirious~" I walked into the mall with Evan not too far behind. "Lui, I bet you'll dress up all fancy and somewhat show off to David, and he'll never notice." We stop at a cafe. "Oh yeah? Let's make a bet. Whoever gets noticed first, wins. Whoever loses, owes the winner brunch here." I hold out my hand for Evan to shake. Evan smiles and gives a firm handshake. "So, why are we here again?" I walk into a clothing shop and Evan watches my every move. "You know about the Seasonal Parade? I don't know about you but I need some new clothes." I pick out a pastel pink shirt and white pants. "I think this will do. What should I do for shoes?" Evan holds up a baby blue shirt and pastel green pants. "I think that the shoes should match the shirt, but that's just my opinion." I walk over to the shoes section and pick up a pair of pastel pink boots. "I think these will work." I grab a pair in my size, and Evan purchases a pair of light green sneakers. "Do you think we need a flower crown or is that excessive?" Evan holds up a flower crown. "I mean, you can get whatever you want. I'll be wearing a few flowers on my clothes." We ended up being at the mall for a good five or six hours.

~flashback end~

"Look man, Evan told me how long you took in total and in each store. I don't want to relive his experience." David looks at me and I pout. "It's not going to take that long this year because I'm going to wear the flowers and sunglasses again this year! I just need a new shirt, pants, and maybe shoes." David sighed and got up. "I bet I'll pick out a decent outfit before you can find when you need." I held up a shirt. "Good luck then, I've already found one of my three needed items~" I sang while folding the shirt over my arm. His eyes widened before booking it to a different store. "Don't forget to try the clothes on!" but he was gone already. I chuckled and continued my search for my new outfit.

~hopefully this is the final time skip~

It was about two hours later before I left the shop I was at and headed over to the café. Ahead of me I see David,  looking over his items like he's unsure of his choice. "Hey David!" He jumps at my outburst. "O-oh hi Lui. I won the bet by the way." David holds up two shopping bags and I hold up one. "Oh well. So you ready to go home?" David stands up, cracking his back. "Yeah, I've been sitting here for about an hour and I'm focking tired." I laugh and we head outside to the mall. My car parked across the street comes to life when I unlock it and head home. When we arrive at his home, he gets out closes the door and I pull away. I call him on the driver's touch screen. "Hey David, don't forget that I'm coming to pick you up in a few hours so we can head over to the festival early." Some shuffling comes from the background. "Yeah I remember. I gotta get ready or take a nap not too sure." I laugh when he groans at something. "Okay man, just makin' sure. I'll see ya later." My house comes into view and I park my car on my driveway. "Time to get ready." I murmur.

~ok laaaast time skip~

It was around 6:30 when I got to David's house and called him on his phone. "Yo David, where ya at? I'm outside!" David hushes Joe and Tony and opens a door. "Yeah, yeah. I'm on my way out." As he says that, his front door opens and David walks out. When he gets closer to my car, my cheeks turn a light pink color. Aww he looks so cute. "You ready for the parade?" David gets in the passengers seat and closes the door. "Yeah man, I can't wait." We drove in silence, some random song playing in the background. "S-so uh, David. Which part of the parade are you looking forward to most?" My eyes stay focused on the road, occasionally looking at David or the decorations around. "Well, I guess everything cause I'm not from the area." He looks out the window, resting his elbow on the door. Am I included in that 'everything'? I hope so. "Yes Lui, you're included in everything." My face flushes red. "Shit I must've said that out loud." "O-oh." I could've sworn his cheeks were a little pink. "D-David, can I ask you something?" He takes his elbow off of the door. "Yeah sure Lui, go ahead." We stop at a red light. "OkaysoIreallylikeyouandIwantedtoknowifyou'dliketobemyboyfriendbutifnotthat'sokayIjusthopewestayfriends!" When I catch my breath and look to David, his cheeks were flushed. I averted my eyes and continued to drive. "Sorry about that." David snaps back into reality, "No, no it's all good. Can you stop on the side I need to do something." I do as he says and he gets out. What is he doing? He walks around the car and opens up my door. "Come on out, I need you too." I get out of the car, and next thing I know I'm trapped between David's arms with my back on the car. "Good to know you feel the same way Lui." David sweeps one arm around my back and the other behind my neck and kisses me straight on the lips. My mind is in a momentary shock but seems to work enough to make my body embrace the kiss. We break away, "You ready to see the parade?" I laugh and squeak, "Let's go!"

~bonus~

The parade was great. David had me on his shoulders because I was too short to see. Although I was blushing, I wasn't alone. He had a blush too, so every now and then I'd kiss the top of his head. On the car ride home, he held my hand while I drove back home. "I love you my little potato." "I love you too my little squeaker."

Sorry for the crappy ending, I didn't know what to do. Also, this was longer than the usual ones so you're welcome. Peace out and don't forget to leave ideas!