Stressed Out ~H2OVanoss~

Second attempt at a song-fic
Warning: mild depression and angst
(If you get triggered by my "description" of of depression, I'm sorry. I've never had depression but I do have a lot of friends who suffer)

Song: Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots

Lyrics
Memories
Present

Delirious' POV

I sat on my bed looking out of the window, the yearbook from my senior year of high school laid out open next to me. The page that showed everyone's pictures alongside their names and quotes was littered with a few red circles, one circling my crush, and others around my friends. Memories flashed through my mind as stared blankly at the clouds.

Wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard.

Luke pushed me into my crush, Evan.

"Hey Jon, how ya doin?" Evan lightly nudged me. "I-I'm doing a-alright. H-How about you?" Curse me and my stuttering.

I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words

I wiped my tear from laughing so hard. "Man, I love you." Everything went silent. "E-Evan? Is everything okay?" Little did I know, he was holding his face in his hands, trying to not mess things up.

I wish I found some chords in an order that is new.

I held a giant teddy bear that held the word 'Prom?' on a poster. A single red rose was in between my fingers as I raised raised my hand to knock on the door. Evan's mom answered the door. She smiled and backed up to get Evan, leaving me at the door, heart racing a mile a minute and practically sweating a river. When Evan emerged from his room, his eyes lit up and he tackled me, shouting "Yes!" multiple times. I grabbed his cheeks and pulled him in for a sweet yet passionate kiss. "You're so cheesy."

I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang

When I unlocked our shared college dorm, I was greeted with a surprise. In front of me lay Evan, my boyfriend of two years, with a girl on his lap making out. I dropped the rose I had gotten for him and clamped a hand over my mouth. Tears soon clouded my eyes and I bolted away to Luke's dorm, leaving Evan speechless and teary-eyed.

I was told when I got older all my fears would shrink, but now I'm insecure, and I care what people think.

After another successful recording with Tyler, Craig, Luke, and Marcel, another voice came in and made me almost cry. "Hey Jonathan, long time no talk." Ever since that day, I instantly became aware of people's expectations of me. I knew I wouldn't be able to satisfy everyone, so I hid behind my mask, and never showed my face when I started to do youtube. I started to cut, making my clean record dirty. Writing his name, writing all my imperfections, I was lucky enough that Luke came in and found me to patch me up.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol days. When our mama sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

My phone buzzed, knocking me out of my thoughts. Luke had texted me.

"Yo, PAX is this weekend and I wanted to know if you wanted to come along as a brother." I thought about it. I would finally be able to meet the guys face to face, but what about him? So, I shot Luke a quick 'yes' as a way of saying "Screw it" and started to pack my things.

~at PAX~

There stood Evan, in all of his muscular glory. His red jacket fit him just right, and his black pants did no better. Someone had decided for us to dress up as out GTA V characters so it would be easier to find each other in the packed crowd. I tighter my mask around my face, and proceed to walk through the crowd until I reached Evan. Instead of getting his attention normally, I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. His eyes widened when he caught glimpse of my signature baby blue hoodie. "J-Jonathan, I've missed you so much." He returned my hug. "Ever since that night in college, I couldn't think straight. My grades dropped for a while, and my performance in hockey grew worse too." My heart sank, but he deserved it. "Explain to me then what happened." I crossed my arms and waited for a reply. "Fine, you do deserve one. I went drinking with a few hockey friends of mine and I ended up having a one night stand. The next day I regretted everything. I kicked her out and tried to contact you, or Luke or anyone that could connect me to you. I'm so sorry, and I hope you forgive me and take me back." The smile on my face was all he needed.

In the background of the new couple, Luke was recording it all. Marcel walked up behind him and followed the angle the camera was pointing at. "So are they a couple now or..?" Luke only smirked. "You bet your ass they are."

So there's my second attempt at a song fic so I hope you like it, don't forget to leave prompts, and I'll see you later.