Hidden Talent ~H2OCat~

Honestly I love this song. If only I could play the piano well ( T_T)

(College AU)

Tyler's POV

The final bell of the day rings, excusing the other students from school. Me on the other hand, I have to walk to Mr. Hughe's class because I got detention from punching another kid.

What? He was talking shit about my friends.

On my way to detention, I pass by some wandering students and the band room. I don't have band, but I do have quite a few friends who are so I peek inside. No one was there, except for a boy playing the piano with his back turned to me. When you get to know me, you think I'm not a huge fan of classical, or lyrical music but this song seemed to have me in a trance. The song sounded sad, but held a very detailed story. The person was slightly pale, his slender fingers moved gracefully across the keys. When he finally finished the song, the guy collected his sheet music and stuffed them in his black and baby blue back pack. He closes the piano and covers it, and turns around to lock eyes with me. I started to clap slowly and approach him with a smile.

"Jon, how come you've never told me that you could play the piano? You're pretty fucking awesome!" His cheeks burn a slight red and he scratches the back of his neck. "Well I thought that someone in our group of friends would make fun of me somehow, so I just stuck to practicing after school and at home." My eyes widen in shock. "If a friend makes fun of your hobby, then they're not a true friend. They're just a bitch. What other songs can you play?" Jon takes a moments to think. The pose and facial expression he makes I find adorable. He tilts his head like a dog, but his eyes just seem to shine brighter. "Have you ever heard of the song Everything's Alright from the game To the Moon? I can play that, and a few other themes from movies or songs too." Snapping my fingers, I stare at his eyes with a smile. "I use to play guitar with my dad a long time ago, but I think I can practice a few songs to play with you if you wanted to, that is if you want to hang out at all."

Right then and there, I'm pretty sure my heart just died of an over dose of fucking cuteness. Jon started to cheer and ramble on and on about all the songs he's been wanting to do, but never had enough time or enough people to play with, to songs that he wanted to hear me play alone. By the time he finished, we were at the intersection where we split up to go home. Holy hell I didn't even realize we left school. Jon adjusted his backpack strap on his shoulder before fist bumping me. "So should we hang out over the weekend to start practicing? If you can of course." I smiled for the millionth time that day. "Of course. See ya tomorrow at school." With that we went our separate ways.

That is before I hear my name being called from the direction Jon had left. When I turn around, I'm met with a sudden burst of warmth on my left cheek and Jon running away. I put my hand on my cheek where the warmth was. Did he just kiss my cheek? God fucking please tell me that was a kiss. My cheeks flushed red, as if I had been walking home on a winter night without any fucking clothes. I turn around once again and continue my walk home.

~the next day~

I see Jon hanging out with a few other friends of ours. Deciding to surprise him, I tap Jon's shoulder and kiss his cheek surprising him and the two friends in front of us. Their eyes widened at the action, "Since when did you two become a thing?" One asked, looking back and forth between us. "Yesterday, this guys right here grew the balls and kissed me before we parted ways." While I was saying that, I had wrapped my arm around Jon, whose face was flushed bright red. Jon hid his face in his hands while shaking his head. "I didn't think he would return the feelings!" I just laughed and nuzzled the top of his head. Jon leaned into the touch, resting his head on my shoulder.

The bell rings, warning us to start walking to our first class, science. Luckily, we have that class together so we lock hands and walk towards the classroom.

I sat down at my desk and Jon sat behind me. Evan and Lui walking in a few minutes later, Evan sat to the right of me and Lui sat behind Jon.

Jon's POV

"So Jon, a little birdie told me that you and Mr. Wildcat got together last night. Is that true?" Lui's eyes sparkled brightly. I could feel my blush return to my face. Damnit I just calmed my heart down. "U-uh yeah it's true." "Oh congrats! You better tell me how things went!"

That's exactly how the class time went. I started from the very beginning, up until last night. Evan had turned around to listen as well while Tyler just casually moved his seat next to mine. "Hey Lui, can we trade seats?" Tyler looks to said man. "Wow yeah that's fine. Didn't think you guys would be this touchy-feely this fast." Lui mumbled the last half under his breath. I rolled my eyes and scooted my stuff over for Tyler to set his stuff up. Let's just say, I only had one available hand during that class.

The rest of the school day goes by, including the constant teasing from my friends, ending with our normal group of friends out front of the school. Tyler casually had his arm around me, and some couldn't stop staring. When I'd make eye contact with them, I would look away while my face heated up. How many fucking times have I blushed today!?! "Hey Jonny boy, we're going home." Tyler, once again, nuzzles into my head. My body nearly goes limp and I barely make out an "O-okay."

As we're walking home, our linked hands swing gently back and forth. A breeze blew by, making me shiver due to my lack of jacket. Tyler notices, takes off his sports jacket, and wraps t around my smaller frame. Aaannnd there goes my heart. I mumble a thank you and we continue our journey home.

When we arrive at the corner where we split, I start to shrug off Tyler's jacket but he holds out his hand. "Keep it, I'll get it tomorrow." I clutch it tighter, inhaling some of the cologne that had rubbed off after Tyler's baseball practice. Absently thinking, I kiss his cheek again and walk away after saying "I love you."