Chapter 3- Conversations

Emery leaves, and I open the front door of my house to see my whole family standing as close to the door as possible.
"Can I help you?" I say, sarcastically.
"It's family meeting time," Ricky says, gripping onto my shoulders and sitting me down in the den with himself, Mom, and Dad.
"Okay," I say.
"Zoey, we need to discuss your new relationship," Mom says.
"Okay," I repeat myself.
"First things first, school is starting again in a few weeks. How do you think people will react to you dating Emery? I know you told us last year that people have been bullying Emery," Mom says.
"I don't care what they think Mom. I never have," I tell her.
"I know, but maybe it would be a little easier if you hid your relationship. Just until you know how they'll react so you'll be ready," she says.
"I'll think about it," I say.
"Okay, onto the next topic. Dating your best friend is scary. I know the last thing you would ever want is to lose him. Are you two okay with this risk?" Mom asks.
"Someone very wise taught me that you take chances for the people who are worth it," I say, looking at Ricky.
Ricky smiles at me.
"Zoey, you know we're all always very supportive of you and your decisions. Thank you for sitting with us and discussing this major decision," Dad says.

We part ways after the family meeting. I go up to my room and receive a text from Emery.

Text Conversation:
Emery : Just got home
Me: How was the walk?
Emery : Lonely
Me: <3
Me: Too bad you're only 16 and can't drive alone yet babe
Emery : Ugh I hate that you're older than me
Me: Haha sucks for you
Emery : You know you'll be 18 and I'll only be 17 in a couple of months
Me: Yes, and ?
Emery : You'll be legal 😏
Me: And you WON'T be legal
Emery : Which sucks hard
Me: Ha sucks for you
Emery : I can feel you smiling
Emery : I love that smile
Me: <3
Me: Do you know how cute you are?
Emery : Yes
Me: I hate you
Emery : I love you
Me: Ugh too bad I really do love you
Emery : I already miss you
Me: <3

•two weeks later•
Emery and I are enjoying the last week of summer. Right now we're taking a walk around the neighborhood.

I grab his hand as we walk out of my house.
"I'm gonna miss this," I say.
"Why?" he asks.
"School is starting again soon, dummy. We're not going to have this much time to spend together anymore," I say.
"Maybe we'll get lucky and have a lot of the same classes," he says, hopefully.
"Maybe," I say, looking down.
"What's the matter, Z?" he asks me.
I shake my head and say, "Nothing."
He stops walking and says, "What happened?"
I look into his eyes, take his other hand in mine, and say, "It's nothing Em. I'm just thinking about something."
"Tell me," he says.
"It's just," I start saying and look down.
He lifts my head and says, "Don't be afraid to tell me. You can tell me anything."
"I just don't know if we should tell people about us yet," I say.
He's quiet.
"My family and I were talking about it. They think we should see how everyone would react before we tell them," I say.
"Didn't you already tell Clare?" he asks.
"Not yet. I wanted to tell her in person. I know she can keep the secret as long as we think we should keep it," I tell him.
"B-but," he starts to say.
"Em, I know you wanted to tell everyone, but I think it would be better if we wait. Just a little bit," I say and kiss him on the cheek.
"I guess if you think it's a good idea then we should at least test it out," he says, giving in.
I smile up at him, and he smiles back, making my whole body melt into a puddle of feelings.
"I love you," I say.
"You're lucky I love you too," he says.

He tilts his head down to make his lips collide with mine, but quickly after he lifts his head back up to continue our walk.

"So this arrangement," he says, "it means no hand holding, hugging, or kissing during school?"
"Well, we can hug every once in a while but not too much," I tell him.
"Fine, but after school you're mine," he tells me.
"I'm all yours," I say.

We get to his house, and he says "Do you want to go in?"
"Sure," I say.

He opens the door, and we go up to his room.
We sit down on the carpeted floor.
"What do you want to do?" he asks me.
"I don't know. Do you want to play a game?" I ask him.
"Sure. Which game?" he says.
"How about a game Ricky and I made up a few years ago? It's called 'Can You Not'. You do something to annoy the other person or to make them talk, but they can't say a word about it. The first person who does loses," I say.
"Sure. I'll start," he says.

To start, he messes up his eyebrows, which he knows annoys me.
I take a deep breath. I get up and go over to his desk. I see his song book and open it. I look at it for about a minute and then sit back down with him.
He looks very annoyed, which makes me actually feel a little bad. He takes his phone out of his pocket and starts playing the 'Peanut Butter Jelly Time' song from "Family Guy". He knows that song literally gives me migraines.
After he turns it off I decide to go to the next level. I blink a couple of times and bite my lip. I hear him swallow.
He comes next to me and slips his hand between my closed thighs. I swallow and stay still until he takes his hand out.
I get up and decide to do something that I know will make him lose. I take off my shirt, which leaves me in only my bra, shorts, and Converse sneakers.
He looks at me seriously. He comes over to me and kisses my neck.

"I lose," he whispers seductively, as he kisses my neck again.
I pull his head out of my neck and kiss him on the lips. I put my arms around his neck, while he puts his arms around my waist. He pulls me closer to him as he bites my bottom lip hard. I moan, and he slips his tongue into my mouth. He pushes me onto his bed and hovers over me. He ducks his head back into my neck again. He kisses down my neck. As he kisses one spot, my body suddenly gets really hot, and I moan loud. He goes back to that spot and kisses it again. I grip hard onto his torso, and he sucks on the spot.
"E-Em," I moan out.
He finishes, kissing the spot again and says, "Mhm babe."
"N-nothing," I say.
"Shit," he says all of a sudden.
"What?" I ask.
"Don't get mad at me," he says.
I push him off of me and walk over to the mirror.
"Fuck Em," I say, see a huge hickey on the side of my neck.
"I said don't get mad," he says, coming over to me.
"I'm not mad. I'm pissed. Emery! Why didn't you stop yourself," I say, getting my shirt and putting it on.
"I'm sorry Zoey," he says, sitting down at the edge of his bed with his head in his hands.
I sigh and walk over to him. I sit next to him and say, "Awe. Baby, it's okay. I just had to let that out. I'm sorry for making you feel bad."
"No, no. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry," he says, lifting his head and looking at me.
"Don't feel bad baby. When you're sad, I'm sad," I say to him.
"But I-" he starts, but I put my hand on his neck and pull him closer to me.
"Babe, it's ok," I say and peck him on the lips.
"We just have to take things slow," I say, taking his hand in mine.
"I know. It's just, I've been waiting so long for this relationship to happen. I want it to be everything," he says.
"Baby, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard," I tell him.
I kiss him again, square on the lips.
Oh, how I'm going to miss this quality time with my boy.

Chapter 3 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.