Chapter 29- Hating Loving You

"What? We're going to the beach?"
"Yep," I say, taking his hand and walking out the door.
"Babe, what do you-"
"Just wait and see," I say, getting in the car.

Once we get to the restaurant, Emery understands.
"Oh, you meant a restaurant on the beach," he says, holding the door to the entrance for me.

"It's under Garcia," I tell the hostess.
"Right this way," she says, leading us to our table. After that, she leaves us to look at the menu.
"Babe, this shit is expensive," Emery says.
"Em, don't worry about the prices. Just order what you want," I tell him.
He takes my hand in his. "This is one of the reasons why I hate loving you."
I raise an eyebrow. "One?"
He leans over the table. "I'll tell you when we get back to the house."

I get chicken francese, while Emery gets the fish special. After we finish our entrees, our waiter gives us a desert menu.
I take the menu from Emery and order a slice of the chocolate cake.
I take my phone out of my bag, and start to video him.
"Z, don't tell me you-" he starts, but gets cut off by some people singing 'Happy Birthday'.
Once they leave, Emery laughs, "Another reason I hate loving you," feeding me a piece of his cake.
I laugh and ask, "What do you even mean by that?"
"I told you I'll tell you when we get back."

When we arrive home, we head into the bedroom to get changed.
"I believe you wanted to know all the reasons why I hate loving you," Emery says, coming in behind me.
"Oh, that," I laugh. "You don't have to tell me right now. It's your birthday. I didn't even give you my gift yet."
I take off my jacket and begin to unzip the back of my dress.
"I actually would rather tell you," he says in a deep whisper, slowly unzipping the back of my dress for me.
"O-Okay."
"I hate loving you because this," he slides his hand down the scar on my lower back from a time when we were eight, "makes me feel like a piece of shit." I got this scar when Emery accidentally pushed me into the rose bush outside my house.
"I hate loving you, because when we were in middle school, I never told you about the effect you had on me."
"I hate loving you," he moves my hair to my shoulders, "because you never know how far is too far."
"I hate loving you because," he drops my dress onto the floor, "your body has driven me insane for years."
I feel the inside of my whole body burn.
"I hate loving you because," he turns me around, "when you do that, I can't help myself," he says, referring to the biting of my lip.
After a few more reasons, I'm pushed up against the wall.
"But out of all of the reasons, I hate loving you the most, because I'm obsessed with you."
He kisses me, hard. I feel a hotness rush to my core as the kiss continues.

About an hour later, we're under the sheets in the bed. I don't need to share any more of the details.
"I really hate loving you, because you make me feel like doing that all day, every day," he purrs in my ear, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"You're absolutely insane, Em," I tell him as I peck his lips.

"Oh my God, your gift!" I say, standing up to get it, dressed in a pair of his boxers and one of his t-shirts.
He stretches. "I think I already got a gift from you tonight, babe."
I laugh. "Trust me. This one's better."
"I don't think it could be better than-"
"Just close your eyes."
I get the gift out of my suitcase and climb back into the bed next to him, placing it on his lap.
"Open," I tell him.
"It's a book?" he asks.
"Just open it," I say, motioning to the cover.
"Woah," he says, seeing all the pictures on the first page. "You did all of this just for me?" he asks, flipping through some of the pages.
"Of course, Em," I say.
I found almost every single picture ever taken of us and used an online website to make a book full of them.
"I love it," he says, moving his head closer to mine.
I smile. "I love you."
He lightly kisses me and as he pulls away he says, "Best. Birthday. Ever."

The rest of the night we just cuddle and talk.

In the morning I wake up around nine, and move stretch but get pulled back.
"Don't leave me," Emery says, his eyes still closed.
I laugh, "I'm just trying to stretch."
"Don't move," he says, moving to hover over me.
His eyes are still closed as he rubs his nose on mine.
"I love you," he tells me, as I try to move him off of me.
"Now this is why I hate loving you," I say, emphasizing the word 'this'.
He laughs, staying put right on top of me.

Chapter 29 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.

Hey guys. I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. Things have been hard for me lately and a lot of bad things have happened. Just know I love you all for reading, and I'm gonna try to write as much as I can whenever I can.