Chapter 4- Telling My Best Friend

•about an hour later•
Emery and I are still at his house. He's sitting on his bed, and I'm laying down on his bed with my head on his lap.

I text Clare to see if I can meet up with her to tell her about Emery and I.

Text Conversation:
Me: Heyyyyyyy! I have something really important to tell you. Can we meet up later?
Clare: How's 5? Sleepover?
Me: YES! My house?
Clare: Perfect! See you then

"I just texted Clare. She's coming over to my house tonight, and I'm gonna tell her everything," I tell Emery.
"Everything?" he says, smirking.
"Maybe not everything," I say, pushing on his chest.
"Good," he says, playing with my hair.
"What time is she getting to your house?" he asks.
"Five," I tell him.
"So, do you want to head back to your house?" he says.
"Sure," I say, "Are you staying over with Ricky tonight?"
"Maybe. I'll see," he says.
"Okay. We better get going," I say, getting up.
"Yea," he says, getting up as well.
"Before we go, can I borrow your mom's makeup to cover up this hickey?" I ask him.
"Yea, I'm sure she won't mind," he says.

We go into his parent's bathroom, and I get the makeup from the cabinet. I take the concealer and foundation. I cover up the mark and look at Emery.
"How does it look?" I ask him.
"Good," he says in a low voice, walking closer to me.
He moves the hair from the other side of my neck to the side where he left the hickey. He kisses the untouched side.
"I mean, while you have the makeup out," he whispers in my ear.
I push on his chest and say, "No, no, no."
He puts his arms around my waist and says, "You can't blame a guy for trying."
I laugh and push him off me.
We go downstairs and he opens the door for me.
"What a gentleman," I say.
"I try," he says, closing the door.

We walk back to my house and go inside.
Ricky hears us come in and comes down the stairs.
"I honestly don't know if I can get use to you two being a couple," Ricky says.
"Better get use to it bro," Emery says.
"Yea. And Ricky, Clare is coming over tonight for a sleepover. So, you better not annoy us," I tell him.
"Like you never annoy Emery and I," he says.
"Well, at least I have a reason to 'annoy' you two," I say and kiss Emery's cheek, making him turn red.
"Can you two not do that in front of me?" Ricky asks.
"What? This?" I say and peck Emery on the lips.
"God," Ricky exclaims, covering his eyes.
"I think we should stop his suffering," Emery says, laughing.
"Fine," I say, laughing as well.
Ricky uncovers his eyes and says, "Thank you."
"So what time is Clare coming?" he asks.
"Five" I tell him.
"Shit. I have to take a shower," he says and runs up the stairs.
"You know you really should stop teasing the both of them and set them up already," Emery says, putting his arm around my shoulders.
"Nah, that would be too easy," I say.

We sit on the couch and talk until I get a text from Clare telling me she's almost here. Emery goes up to Ricky's room, while I wait for Clare to get here.

There's a knock at the door, and I get up to answer it.
"Clare!" I exclaim.
"Zoey!" she yells, hugging me.
"Lets go upstairs so I can tell you my big news," I say and drag her up the stairs.
We get to the top of the stairs and see Emery and Ricky standing in the doorframe to Ricky's room, looking at us. We wave to them and go into my room.
When I go to close my door, I see Emery still standing out there. He winks at me.
Clare and I sit on my bed.
"So," she says, growing impatient.
"I have a boyfriend," I say.
Clare screams so loud. My heart almost stops beating.
"And it's Emery," I say.
She screams again even louder.
"Okay you need to stop screaming," I tell her.
"After all these years, you and Emery are finally dating. How can I not scream?" she says.
I laugh.
"But there's one thing," I say.
"What is it?" she asks me.
"We've decided to keep it a secret until we know how people at school will react. So please don't tell anyone," I say.
Clare turns serious. "I think that's smart Zoey. I promise I'll keep the secret," she says.
"Thank you," I say.
"Now introduce me to your boyfriend," she says.
"Clare, you've known Emery almost as long as I have," I say.
"I know, but I want you to introduce him to me as your boyfriend," she says.
"Okay, fine," I say laughing at her.

We open the door of my room to see the two guys still standing in the doorframe to Ricky's room.
I walk over to Emery and take his hand in mine. I pull him over towards Clare.
"Clare, this is my boyfriend Emery," I say.
Emery tilts his head down towards my ear and whispers, "I love it when you call me your boyfriend."
"Awe! You two are already so damn cute," Clare squeals, leaning back on the wall.
"More like over the top," Ricky says, walking over to Clare.
"Well at least one of you thinks we're cute," I say.
"Why doesn't Ricky just make a move already? That pussy," Emery whispers in my ear.
I laugh and try to play it off as a cough, making Ricky and Clare look at us weird.
"Maybe we can make him make a move," I whisper in Emery's ear.
"Do you guys want to watch a movie in the basement?" I ask them all.
"Sure," Clare says.
"Okay," Ricky says.

Chapter 4 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.