Chapter 25- Family

He pulls me closer to him, making my legs open even more.
"Ow. Ow. Ow. Em, stop," I screech, pushing myself off him.
"What happened? Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. It just hurts."
"Lay down," he tells me.
I do as he says and close my eyes, trying to ignore the pain.

He goes into his drawer and gets out a pair of sweats I left here and one of his hoodies. He comes back over to me and unzips the side of my skirt to take it off. Next, he takes off my tights and his faces goes straight.
"Z, it's so red," he says, stroking the inside of my thighs.
"It's fine. I'm fine."
"Okay," he sighs, putting my sweatpants on me.
He unbuttons my blouse and sits me up a little so he can get it off of me. I help him put his hoodie on me.

He takes his blazer off and lays down next to me. He pulls me to him, hugging me and running his hands through my hair.
"Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't know how bad it actually was."
I snuggle into him and say, "Em, it's not you're fault. I mean, it is, but I brought it upon myself. Don't blame yourself."
He doesn't say anything, just lets out an annoyed breath.

A few minutes later he speaks up. "I don't think we should do that again for a while," he says while rubbing my back.
I don't reply. I feel so bad that he thinks it's all his fault.
"Zoey?"
"Okay."
"I love you," he whispers as he kisses the top of my head.

We lay there for about a half hour until we hear a knock at the door.
"It must be my mom," Emery whispers in my ear.
"Come in," he says loud enough for her to hear.
"Emery, do you know where-" She cuts herself off. "Awe. Don't you too look cute," she says with a smile.
"Hi Mrs. Kelly," I laugh and turn to greet her.
"Hun, I think it's okay for you to call me Joanna now," she says as I'm about to get up to give her a hug.
"Wait, let me get my phone," she says, rifling through her pocketbook.
"Mom," Emery whines. "Can you not do this?"
"I need pictures of you two to show my grandchildren someday, Emery," she says after finally finding her phone.
"Em, you're cheeks are a bit red," I whisper to him as I see him blushing from her comment.
"Fine. Just take the picture," he says, ignoring me and giving his mom a cheesy smile.
"Pretend I'm not here," she says.
Emery brings his arm around the front of me and whispers in my ear, "If she wasn't here, I would be doing something totally different."
I laugh and run my hand through my hair just as I see the flash of her phone's camera go off.
"One more," she says.
"Mom," Emery whines even louder than before.
"Okay. Okay. I'll leave you two alone for now."
"I wish it was forever," Emery mutters lowly.
I turn around to face him and slap his chest. "Don't be rude. She just wanted a few pictures to show your kids some day."
"Our kids," he says, gripping my waist.
"Now my cheeks aren't the only red ones," he whispers.
I push him. "They'll be our kids when you say it's okay for us to have sex again," I say in a bit of a rude way.
"Baby, I don't want you to ever feel this much pain again," he says, putting his arms around me again.
"I know, but you don't have to be so overprotective with this kind of stuff. I mean I appreciate it, but it's a little much, a little too dramatic."
"Okay. I'll try to be less overprotective," he says with a sigh, not looking at me.
I move his chin to face me. "I love you."
He cups my cheek and let's out a breath. Word by word he says, "And I love you."

His lips sink down to mine in a warm kiss. His hand travels down my side and lifts my leg up to hook onto his hip.

I release his lips and push him away. "We really have to do our homework."
"Ugh. Can you do it for me?"
"Sit your lazy butt up," I say, sitting myself up on his bed.
He sits up and runs a hand through his hair.
"Now, go be a good boyfriend and get my backpack."
"Why do the guys always have to do the things for the girls?" he complains, standing up and going downstairs to get our backpacks.
He comes back up, and we start our homework.

When I finish before him, I lay down the opposite way and admire his thinking face.
A smile appears on his lips. "Why are you staring at me?" He doesn't even look up at me; he just feels my glare on him.
I make a hum sound that sounds like 'I don't know'.
"Well, can you stop? It's kind of distracting me," he says, still with a smile on his face.