Chapter 17- In Sickness And Health

As soon as his lips come into contact with mine, I feel something different than normal, something better than normal. My lips feel like they're on fire, a good fire that I don't want to end.

I move my hands to his hair and pull at it. He kisses me hungrily, and now I know he feels the difference too. He usually kisses me softly with such finesse, but no, not this time.

He snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me so close to him that every part of our fronts are touching.

I feel his smile on my lips as he does this, causing me to smile as well.

"I love you," he mumbles on my lips, making me smile even more. My face suddenly becomes red, as my body becomes very hot.

He must feel my body heat, as he places me back on the bed and rolls off of me.

He snorts, "Awe. You're blushing."
I cover my face with my hands.
He pulls me towards him, and I uncover my face.
"It's my favorite color on you," he whispers seductively in my ear as he bites the top of it lightly.
I roll my eyes and push him away from me while saying, "Ugh."

•about one week later•

Today's Saturday so I'm up at 7:00 in the morning, doing my routine jog around the neighborhood.

Emery's been sick the last few days, so he wasn't in school Thursday or Friday, and I didn't get to see him either of those days. When I get to his block, I decide to stop in to see him.

About twenty minutes after I start my jog, I reach his house. I use the key he gave me in case of emergencies to open the door. I know he's probably sleeping. He's not much of a morning person. And his mom works on Saturdays, so I know she's not home.

I walk up the stairs quietly and walk into his room to see him peacefully asleep in his bed, tissues scattered everywhere and a garbage bag sitting next to him just in case he throws up.

I sit down at the desk in his room and see his song notebook sitting there. I really shouldn't look in it... but it's just so hard not to.

I open the book to a page that is bookmarked with a picture. Awe. It's a picture of Emery and I. It's the one I told him was my favorite a while ago.

I move the picture away from the page so I can read what he wrote

I move the picture away from the page so I can read what he wrote. It's dated from the week we officially became a couple. I guess he's been working on this for a while.

In the margins I see he drew little hearts with our initials, 'EZ', inside them. He's so cute. I'm never going to get- my thoughts get interrupted by a hand coming over my shoulder and closing the notebook.

"Zoey," I hear Emery's congested voice say in a bit of an annoyed way.
I turn around in the chair and in a guilty tone I say, "Hi, Em."
"What are you doing here?" he asks, this time with a smile on his face.
I stand up and hug him.
"I missed you," I say.
He pushes me away saying, "I missed you too, but I don't want to get you sick."
"Em," I whine, stroking the side of his face.
"You have to go," he says, removing my hand from his cheek.
"Do you really want me to go?" I say in a sad tone, giving him the look I know makes him break.
"Ugh. Fine. You can stay for an hour," he gives in.
I smile and go to hug him, but he pushes me away again.
"No touching," he says, making me frown.
"I love you," he says, trying to cheer me up.
I roll my eyes playfully.
"How are you feeling?" I ask after a short pause.
"Better. The last time I threw up was yesterday morning," he says.
"That's good. You should probably lye back down though," I tell him.
He lyes down on one side of his bed, and I sit on the other side after removing the tissues that were scattered about.
Right before he falls back asleep, I whisper, "By the way, I love you too."
The discreet smile that appears on his lips is everything to me.

About an hour and a half later he wakes up and looks at his phone.
"Z, I told you an hour. It's been two," he says, annoyed.
"I'm sorry. You just look so cute when you're asleep," I say, trying to get him to forgive me quickly.
He smiles at me. Then it seems as if he remembers something, and he looks at me sideways.
"What?" I ask.
"What did you see when you were snooping in my notebook?" he asks me.
"Nothing. You closed it too quickly for me to read anything. All I saw was what you wrote in the margins," I tell him truthfully.
"Good," is all he says.

•two days later•

I haven't talked to Emery since I left his house Saturday night. I didn't want to bother him by texting him, because I know it gives him a headache to look at his phone too much while he's sick.

I walk into school and open my locker to see a note fall at my feet.

I've missed seeing your face
I've missed holding your hand
I've missed your warm embrace
I've missed everything except this forbidden land

Meet me outside at lunch time
Yours forever, Em

He's so cute. I guess he's feeling better.

I rush outside as soon as the lunch bell rings. I wait alone for about a minute, until two arms snake around me from the back. I turn around to see Emery wearing the biggest smile I've ever seen. I immediately tackle him in a hug. He laughs and releases me a little, attempting to kiss me.

I push him away, trying to warn him by saying, "Em."
"What?" he asks, confused.
"People could see us," I whisper.
"Fine, but we'll do this later," he says, gesturing with his hands between us.
I laugh and say, "I'm just glad you're feeling better."
He smiles, but it soon turns into a frown when he says, "I'm sorry if I was rude to you when you came to my house to visit me. I know you were only trying to make me feel better."
"It's okay. You know what they say, 'in sickness and health', right?" I say.

Chapter 17 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.