Chapter 31- A New Year's to Remember

"You know I really don't like you hanging out with him," Emery says, pulling away from a long, passionate kiss while he's straddling me on my bed as he sees a text from Charlie about the New Year's party he's throwing.
"Way to ruin the mood," I mumble, pushing him off me and sitting up to reach for my phone.
"He ruined it," Emery exclaims, referring to Charlie.
"Emery, Charlie is my friend. Do you know what a friend is?" I say sarcastically.
"It's what you and I were up until this year," he says seriously.
"Ugh. You need to stop this whole act," I say.

I look at my phone and laugh, seeing Charlie's text.

Charlie XD: hey fox, don't forget to get over here around 5 to help me set up. if you leave me hanging I will hurt you and your fellow vixens.

"Why the fuck is he calling you fox?" Emery screams.
I laugh again. "Emery, it's just a nickname from an inside joke. Calm down."
"Really? Because it doesn't seem like it."
I put my phone down and look at Emery. "Em, please stop with this whole jealousy thing. You know I love you. Charlie is my friend, just my friend. He'll never be anything more than my friend, I promise. Just come to the party tonight and you'll see how much of a nice guy he is."
Emery's shoulders relax as he lets out a breath. "Fine, but I'm only doing this for you."
I smile and text Charlie back that Emery and I will be over at 5.
Emery pushes me back down under him. "You're mine."
I lean my head up to kiss him. "All yours."

Emery and I show up at Charlie's house a few minutes later and knock on the door.
"Hey Zoey, Emery," Charlie greets us.
"Charlie," Emery says very formally.
"So, um, what do you need us to help with?" I ask.
"Well, you can set up the drinks and snacks, while Emery and I get the kegs."
"Kegs?" Emery asks.
"Yea! Come on Emery. You didn't think there wouldn't be booze at the new kid's party, did you?"
"Well, I guess I didn't really think about-"
"Just go help him, Em," I say.

I finish setting up the snacks to return to Charlie and Emery talking while setting up a keg.
"No man, Arrow could definitely kill the Flash if he wanted to," Charlie says.
"Arrow has no powers though. Barry could tear him to shreds with just one hand," Emery argues.
I laugh, making them both look at me.
"What?" they ask in unison.
"Supergirl could take them both down by just looking at them." I say.
After the conversation digresses, Emery and I go back to my house so I can get changed for the party.

"So," I say with a smile as we get into my room.
"What?" he asks.
"I was right! You and Charlie do get along," I exclaim.
"Whatever," he mumbles, not admitting defeat.

I go into the bathroom to change into my outfit. After that, I curl my hair and leave it down. Then I exit the bathroom to put on my thigh high black boots.

 Then I exit the bathroom to put on my thigh high black boots

As I sit on my bed, Emery sits next to me.
"Just admit it Em," I say, zipping up my boots.
"Admit what?" he asks.
"You and Charlie are gonna be good friends."
"Fine. Fine. You were right. We'll be good friends as long as he doesn't touch my girl," he says sternly.

Suddenly, I realize how close our heads are to each other and how his hand is inching up my thigh. I breath out and smile at him.
"We have to go," I say as he moves to push me down and hover over me.
"I think Charlie can wait five or ten minutes," he says as his lips move to meet mine.
I pull away. "Five minutes," I say with a serious look on my face.
"I'll take it," he says with a smile.
Emery puts his lips on mine once again, but after five minutes I push him off me again so I can fix myself before going to the party.

"Ugh. Really?" he whines, falling back onto my bed.
"I guess you're just gonna have to wait until midnight," I say, fixing my hair.

We go back over to Charlie's house around eight and wait with him as guests arrive. As more people arrive, the more crowded it gets.

"Em," I scream so he can hear me over the loud music.
"What?" he begins to slur on his sixth cup of beer.
"You're done drinking after this cup right?"
"Definitely," he says.
I've been working on the same drink all night, not wanting to become intoxicated like my boyfriend.

As the night progresses, the more drunk Emery gets and the more I have to watch over him so he doesn't do anything stupid.
Speaking of stupid, he just spilled a bottle of vodka all over himself. I bring him upstairs into the bathroom to clean him up.
"Okay, okay. Sit on the toilet so I can get this off you," I tell him.
He does as I say, however, he pulls me to sit on his lap as well. I take a wad of toilet paper and start dabbing at the alcohol he spilt all over himself.
"I love you," he says with a faint smile and half closed eyes.
I laugh. "I love you too."
He stops my hand from cleaning him and looks at me straight in the eye. "I mean it, Z."
"I know," I say, kissing his forehead. "So do I."

We head back downstairs, seeing it's almost midnight.
"Five! Four! Three! Two!" Everyone shouts along with the television, counting down the seconds until 2018.
"One," I hear as my lips are covered by Emery's, creating a spark, much like the fireworks we hear from outside, which travels all through my body until the end of the kiss.

The next morning, Emery wakes up beside me with a banging headache.
"Do you remember anything about last night?" I ask, getting up to grab him some water and Advil.
"Nope," he says, taking it from me.
I laugh, falling back on the bed. "Well, let's just say it wasn't much of a New Year's party to remember."
"Well, we'll just have to make it a New Year's to remember," he says, laying down again next to me.

Chapter 31 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.

YES! I FINALLY UPDATED (though it probably sucks - I'm sorry)!

and i have to talk to you guys about some things...
1) should i start a stranger things imagines (probably mostly noah schnapp/ will byers) book ?
2) please please please COMMENT & GIVE ME THE WILL TO WRITE !  🙏🏻
3) AND LASTLY, so i personally hate time jumps in books, but would you guys mind one because i feel like i'm dragging out this book and i really want to write the next one in the series because i'm hella excited for it !!!

SO PLEASE ANSWER THESE and lmk what you think!

love you guys soooooo much <3
and if you guys ever wanna talk message me! i'll follow back on instagram and snapchat if you dm me btw XD