Chapter 11- It's Happening

After a few days, Friday rolls around.

I'm silently asleep, until someone picks me up out of my bed.
"Wake up Z," I hear Emery's voice say, while I feel someone shaking me.
I open my eyes to see a fully dressed Emery, holding me bridal style in his arms and looking down at me.
"What're you doing here?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.
"It's my day to drive," he says.
"Oh yea," I say, remembering.

We take turns driving to school, so one person isn't always driving. On Emery's days to drive, he gets up early and walks to our house, because he can't drive alone until he passes his driving test when he turns seventeen.

"Oh my God. It's Friday," I say happily, jumping down from his arms.
"Yea, and we have to leave in twenty minutes. So get ready," he says.
I get my uniform and go into the bathroom to get ready for the day.
When I come out, I see Emery on his phone, standing next to my bed, which I assume he made.
I walk over to him and say, "Thank you for making my bed."
"You're welcome," he says, putting his phone in his pocket.

He comes closer to me, putting his arms around me.
"We still have ten minutes," he says, pushing my hair behind my ear.
I laugh and push him away.
"Hey! Can I at least have a morning kiss?" he asks me, taking my hand in his.
"I guess so," I say, giving in.

I take his other hand as he leans his head down to mine. I lean my head up to his and press our lips together, feeling a spark in my body as soon as they touch.
After a moment we separate.

"Oh. Remember to bring your Spanish textbook to study hall today. I need your help writing the essay due next week," he reminds me.
"M'kay," I say.

We get Ricky and say goodbye to my parents before going into my car.
Emery sits in the driver's seat, while I sit next to him, and Ricky sits in the back.

On the way to school, Emery takes my hand and places our intertwined hands on the console.
"Ugh," Ricky says.
"Oh. Shut up Ricky," I say.
"No. I wasn't talking about you guys, but ew. I was saying that about something I saw on Snapchat," he says.
"What did you see?" I ask.
"Just Gina being her over the top self. I should honestly unfollow her. That girl does nothing but hate on guys, yet she's the school slut," he says.
"What did she say?" Emery asks.
"She posted a picture on her Snapchat story with the caption 'Guys are all such clueless douchebags. They never understand when something's over and done with.' What a bitch," he says.
"I have to say, that is pretty rude. I mean, for some guys it's true but not for all. Has she tried anything on you this week yet?" I ask Ricky.

Gina's the school slut. She thinks she can get any guy she wants, and one of the only guys that she wants and can't have is Ricky. She endlessly hits on him, and when Ricky pushes her away, it just makes her try harder.

"Yea. She's in my fucking lit class. She sat right behind me and was touching me the whole period. But after class was great. Clare's in that class too, and she pretty much blew up at Gina, telling her that I clearly don't want her and to stop hitting on me," he says.
"Yea, I saw that too. In Clare's words, she's a 'hoe bag'," Emery says, smirking at me.
I laugh at Clare's choice of words. We made up that saying sophomore year, and it was pretty much our secret nickname for Gina.

Once we get to school, I go to Clare's locker and with a laugh say, "Hoe bag? Seriously Clare?"
"You heard," she says more of a statement than a question.
"Yea. Emery and Ricky just told me in the car. I'm dead. You've wanted to stand up to her for the past three years. What happened?" I ask her.
"I'm done with the shit she does to Ricky. This year he's gonna be mine, and I don't care who I have to step on to get him," she says, making me smile.
"Clare!" I exclaim, hugging her.
"I'm so proud of you. We're gonna be sisters," I say.
"Who said we weren't sisters already?" she says, hugging me back.