Chapter 6- Girl Talk & Guy Talk

Clare and I go up to my room and start our usual sleepover girl talk.

"You and Emery are so cute. I'm so happy for you," she says, hugging me.
"Awe. Thanks. Now we need you to get a boyfriend, so we can double date," I say, hoping to get her start taking about Ricky.
She raises her eyebrow at me and says, "Seriously?"
I laugh and say, "What?"
"Hun, I know you're just trying to make everyone happy, but no one like me. I mean who would," she says, getting serious.

Don't say Ricky, Zoey. Don't meddle, Zoey. It will happen when it happens.

"Any guy would be lucky to have you, Clare," I say.
She smiles at me, and I hug her again.
"Do you want to get changed into our pajamas?" I ask.
"Sure," she says getting up, taking her sleepover bag, and bringing it to the bathroom to get changed.

After we both get changed, we take off our makeup, siting at the vanity in my room.
As soon as I take off the makeup I put on to cover my hickey, Clare screams, "You have a fucking hickey!"
"Shut the fuck up. We don't want Ricky to hear. He's probably already killing Emery for that dare you made us do," I say, quieting her down.

Ricky's POV
I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill him.
Nobody touches my sister like that, not even her boyfriend.

I back Emery up into the corner of the kitchen. Though he's taller, he doesn't take advantage as he knows what I can and will do to him if he does.
"You think it's okay for you to touch my sister like that?" I say.
"Ricky, first off it was a dare. And second off, I'm her boyfriend," he says.
"Both of those things may be true, but you shouldn't force her into things she doesn't want to do," I say.
"It's not my fault we got dared to do that. Go yell at Clare if you feel that way," he says.
I sigh, seeing he's right.
"Fine. I won't kill you, but if you make her do something against her will again you will be dead," I say.
"Thank you, Ricky," Emery says, relieved.

Zoey's POV
Clare and I spend a while talking about Emery and I. I tell her how he asked me out, the family meeting we had to talk about our relationship, how Emery treats me, and what makes her and I both upset, how he hasn't taken me out on our first official date yet.

"What is wrong with him? Doesn't he know dating involves like actual dates?" Clare says, annoyed.
"I know. It's driving me insane," I say.
"You have to say something to him," she says.
"No, I don't want to hurt his feelings," I say.
"Come on, Zoey. He's your boyfriend. He'll be fine," she says.
"He won't," I say, plopping my head down on a pillow.
"Yes he will. He's a big boy Zoey," Clare says, as she takes my phone.
"What are you doing?" I exclaim.
"Texting Emery," she says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.
"What? No. Don't," I say, trying to grab my phone to no avail.
"What are you saying?" I ask her.
"I said, 'Hey Em. So I was just thinking, how about we go on our first official date this Saturday?' It's not bad. Don't worry," she says.
"Fine. Send it," I say, giving in.

About two minutes later, Emery bursts into my room, picks me up, and brings me into the hallway.
He sets be back down on my feet and I say, "Hello to you too."
"What was that text about?" he says, blatantly.
"What do you mean? I wanted to go on our first date. What's the problem with that?" I say.
"Zoey, I want to do this right. I want to ask you. I've been planning on how, but I'm not ready just yet. So please just wait for me to ask you," he says, sincerely, holding my hand.
"Okay. I'm sorry," I say.
"Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong. This is just something I feel I need to do," he says.
"Okay," I say and kiss his cheek.
I let go of his hand and say, "I'll see you in the morning."

Chapter 6 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.