Chapter 8- First Date

As I walk to the front door, I hear Emery and my dad talking. But as soon as I come into their view, Emery becomes speechless.

"Hi," I say.
"H-h-" he tries.
I come up to him and close his mouth with my hand.
"You don't want to catch flies now, do you?" I say with a smirk.
He smiles.
"Shall we go?" I ask.
Emery nods and offers me his arm.
I link my arm with his, and we walk out the door.
"You look so beautiful, my love," he says as he opens the car door for me and helps me into the car.
I smile at him as my cheeks become a shade of red.
He gets into the driver's seat.
"Wait," I say.
"How are you gonna drive us?" I ask.
"It's called a permit, Baby," he says.
"Oh," I laugh.

We start driving. After a little while, he takes my hand and holds it in his.
"Are we almost there?" I ask.
"Yes. Be patient," he says.
We drive for a few more minutes until we reach our final destination.
"Okay. We're here," he says, parking and unbuckling his seatbelt.
He comes around to my side to help me out of the car.

We walk down a path, which led us to a beautiful candle lit dinner on a quiet side of the beach.
"Emery," I gasp.
"You like it?" he asks nervously.
I look deep into his eyes and say, "I love it."
He leads me to the table and chairs set up on the sand, and we sit down.
"How did you do all this?" I ask.
"I have my ways," he says.

We eat the prepared dinner he had laid out for us and talk for what seemed like hours.

"Would you like to take a walk?" he asks after we finish dinner.
"I would love to," I say.

We take off our shoes and leave them near the table.
He takes my hand as we walk down the side of the beach.
I look at the mystical full moon over the water, and I notice out of the corner of my eye that Emery is looking at me.
I look up at him, and he stops walking, causing me to stop as well.
"Stop right here in the moonlight, cause I don't ever want to close my eyes," he says.
"You stole that from We The Kings," I laugh.
"Too bad, because it's the way I feel right now," he laughs.
I laugh again.
"I love your laugh," he says, hugging me.
I hug him back.
"I love your hugs," I say.
He hugs me tighter then releases me.

"Do you know when the first time I saw you in a dress was?" he asks.
"When?" I ask.
"The elementary school talent show," he says.
I laugh. "God. I remember how much of a wreck I was that night."
"One moment that I'll never forget is when you walked out on stage that night. I was half asleep due to Lanny Howard's song on the tuba. Right before my eyes completely shut, you walked out in a satin royal blue dress and tap shoes, and my eyes shot open," he says.
"You're so sweet," I say, leaning in so our lips almost touch.
"I'm not sweet. I'm just truthful," he says.
"Well, it's still sweet," I say and peck his lips really quick.
"What kind of kiss was that?" he says.
"If you want a better one, you'll have to catch me," I say and run off down the beach.
He chases after me. Damn, he's fast.

He catches up to me and tackles me. We both fall onto the sand, him on top of me.
He moves my hair away from my face and lifts my chin up, kissing me.
He lifts his head back up and gets up. He offers me his hand, and I take it, getting up as well.
I run my hands through my hair, getting the sand out. Then, I wipe the sand off my dress, flattening it out.

We walk back to the table, hand in hand, and sit down.
"Close your eyes," he says.
"Okay," I say, obeying him.
I feel him behind me. His hands graze my neck as he puts something on me.
"Open," he says.
I look down to my neck and see a beautiful heart locket with a compass on it.
"Open the locket," he says.
Once I open it I see words engraved.
One side says, 'my hearts a compass...', and the other side says, 'it points back to you'.

', and the other side says, 'it points back to you'

"Em," I gasp for another time tonight.
"I love this," I say.
I stand up from my chair and hug him. He hugs me back. I lean back with my arms still around his neck and kiss him.
"I love you," I say as I release his lips.
"I love you too," he says.
We stay standing there, holding each other and watching the calm beach waves hit the sand.

When we decide to go, we pack everything up and drive back to the condo.
Once we get back, I open the door with my key. We see most of the lights are off, telling us that everyone is in their rooms.
Emery walks me to my door and takes my hand.
"Tonight was perfect, Em. Thank you," I say quietly so I don't disturb anyone.
"You know you don't have to thank me, but you're welcome," he says quietly as well.
I put my arms around his neck as he places his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him.
"Goodnight," I say, leaning in.
I kiss him softly, and he immediately kisses me back.
"Goodnight, my love," he says, letting go of me.

I walk into my room and close the door behind me, seeing Emery wait for me to close it fully before he heads to bed.

I get changed into my pajamas and put my hair in a ponytail. I lay down in bed and open my locket again to read the words. I fall asleep, thinking about Emery and our date.

Chapter 8 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.