Chapter 14- Double Date

I wake up the next morning in the midst of being crushed under Emery's body.
I try to push him off of me, but it's to no avail.

"Em," I whisper.
"Em," I whisper again when he doesn't answer me.
"Emery," I say a bit louder.
"Ugh," I express as he still doesn't answer me.
To pass the time I run my hands up and down his back, tracing his spine and shoulder blades.
I feel him shutter.
"Good morning," he says groggily, still on top of me.
"Get off of me," I say, getting irritated.
"Sorry," he says sincerely as he lyes down next to me.
"It's okay," I say.
"So, what time is our date?" I ask him.
"Seven," he says.
I look at my phone to see it's nine o'clock.
"Okay," I say.
"What are we doing?" I ask.
"You'll see, but just to let you know we're staying at the house," he says.
"Kay," I say.

He gets up and goes into my bathroom.
I get up and go over to my closet to see what I should wear today.

I pick out a pair of leggings with a red shirt, a white cardigan, and black boots. I go over to my jewelry box and pick out two arrow bracelets to wear. After picking everything out, I go to the bathroom in the hallway to get ready for the day.

 After picking everything out, I go to the bathroom in the hallway to get ready for the day

Once I return back to my room, I see Emery laying on my bed, fully dressed. He turns his head to me as soon as I walk in and the corners of his lips slowly turn upward.

I sit on the bed next to him and he puts his arm around my shoulder. We relax until he says he has to talk to Ricky about our date.

"I'll see you in a few," he says and kisses my forehead.

I go downstairs to open the door for Clare. I notice she is wearing jeans and a white shirt with adidas shoes and a gray cardigan.

 I notice she is wearing jeans and a white shirt with adidas shoes and a gray cardigan

We sit on the couch and talk until I get a text from Emery.

Emery : Come out to the backyard.

Clare and I head out to the backyard. As soon as we open the backdoor, accessing it, we see a beautiful set up of a picnic.

The boys come over to us and lead us to the picnic.

Emery and I sit down on the right side of the screen they put up, while Ricky and Clare sit closer to the left side of the screen.

"So what movie did you boys have in mind?" I ask.
"Only your favorite, my love," Emery says, taking my hand in his.
"The Notebook," Clare and I screech, making the boys laugh.

We start to watch the movie, and by the time it's halfway through all of the popcorn is gone. Emery keeps his arm around me the whole time as Ricky and Clare lean on each other.

When the movie ends Emery and I decide to give Clare and Ricky some alone time, and by alone time I mean leave them alone so we can spy on them.

We go back inside the house and stay by the backdoor to look through the window.

"What are you two doing?" my mom asks us.
"Spying on Clare and Ricky," I say.
"Awe. Let me see," she says, looking out the window as well.

We watch them talk for a while and then they both get up as the night is coming to a close.

"I think they're gonna kiss," I say.

They hug and right as they're about to release, they stay there for a bit just looking into each others' eyes.

They both lean in and kiss for half a second. They smile at each other and turn to the door, making us back away and pretend we weren't watching them.

They come back into the house and we say our goodbyes to Clare. I tell her to text me later, wanting to hear every single detail about what they were talking about.

After Ricky walks Clare out to her car, he comes back into the house.

"So," I say.
"Now I understand you two," he says, sighing happily, making Emery and I laugh.
"Good," Emery says, putting his arm around me.
"Thanks for inviting us on that double date, and thanks for giving us that time alone too," Ricky says sincerely.
"No problem, Bro," Emery says.
"We love seeing you two this happy," I tell him.

Ricky goes up to his bedroom a few minutes later, and I walk into the kitchen with Emery.

"Mom, do you think it would be okay if Emery spent the night?" I ask her.
"Of course," she says.
"In my room?" I ask.
"Zoey, your father and I know you. We trust you both. Yes," my mom says.
"Thank you Mom," I say, hugging her.

Emery and I head up to my room. I get changed into my pajamas in the bathroom. As I walk back into my room I see Emery lying, only in his underwear, on my bed.

"Thank you for tonight," I say, lying down next to him.
"Anything for you," he says, wrapping his arms around me.
I hug him back, and he kisses my forehead.
"I love you," he says, looking deep into my eyes, making me melt into a puddle of feelings.
"I love you too, but please don't crush me tonight," I say, joking but also being somewhat serious.
"No promises," he says, laughing.
"You can sleep on the floor then," I say seriously, pushing him away.
"Okay. Okay. I'll really try not to crush you, but it's not my fault if I do," he says, genuinely feeling bad.
"Fine," I say.

He pulls me closer to him and tilts my head up to his. He leans his head down and kisses my lips ever so softly.

As we release our lips he says, "Goodnight, my love."
"Goodnight, Em," I say.

Chapter 14 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.