Chapter 23- It Doesn't Matter

He looks at me with such fright.
I pull his face to mine by his chin. "I love you, no matter what."
"Zoey."
I press my lips onto his, reflecting my love for him in the kiss. There's nothing he can say that can keep me away from him. I need him to know that.

"Now, tell me," I say, holding both of his hands in mine.
He takes a deep breath. "Zoey, I-I-I can't."
He lets go of my hands and runs into my bathroom, locking the door.
I bang on the door.
"Em, come out. Please."
"You're going to hate me. I know it."
"Baby, please open the door. You don't have to tell me now if you don't want to."
He doesn't answer me.
"Emery Thomas Mikael Kelly, nothing you say will ever make me leave. I promise you this."
I sit on the floor outside the bathroom and close my eyes, holding my head in my hands, while I wait for him to come out.

After about twenty minutes, I hear the door unlock and open.
I look up to see Emery sitting across from me.
I move closer to him and sit on his lap.
"You promise me you won't hate me?" he asks.
"I promise."
He takes a breath.
"One day in sixth grade, Mason asked me if I liked you. I told him no. He said good because he did. I was confused at what he was talking about because he said like not like like."
I'm really confused now. "Wait, what?"
"I'm saying, I didn't even like you as a friend. In fact, I resented you," he says in an ashamed tone.
"So why did you hang out with me?" I ask.
"First off, I was friends with Ricky. And second off, my mom sorta made me stay friends with you."
I start to laugh.
"What?" he asks.
"You thought I'd be mad about this?" I say, still laughing.
"Well, our whole friendship from when we met up to sixth grade was a sham," he says seriously.
"That was the past, Em."
He doesn't say anything.
"So what happen in sixth grade? Finish your story."
"Mason and I made a pact that he wouldn't tell you that I didn't like you, and I would make sure no one else would go after you. Then, a few months later at the dance, I saw you sitting all alone and actually felt bad for lying to you all those years. When we danced, I realized you were actually really nice and started fresh with you. Then this year, we started dating and, as you can probably tell, Mason is pretty peeved."
"That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, Em," I tell him.
"You're not even a little mad?" he asks.
"Em, we were kids. It doesn't matter now. I love you, and you love me. That's forever," I say, moving myself to straddle him.
He smiles up at me but holds back a little.
I take his head in my hands and lower my head down to his.
"I love you, so much. Nothing else matters," I tell him.
He opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off by lowering my head even more to bring our lips together.

WARNING: NOT FOR THE PURE OF HEART - SCROLL DOWN TO WHERE IT SAYS 'SCENE OVER'•

I push off his shirt, and he pulls me closer to him. He stands up, carrying me, and sits down on my bed. I press on his chest, making him lay down on the bed. I run my hands down his chest and soon meet the top of his pants. I look below his belt to see a bulge in his pants. Yet again, my teeth are buried deep in my lip. I look up at him, and he nods. I unbuckle his belt and slip it off of him. He sits up and takes off his pants, along with his socks. I lay down next to him. He takes my hand and kisses it before starting to unbutton my blouse. I take it off, and he smiles.
"What?" I ask with a smile similar to his.
"Are we really doing this?" he asks.
"I mean, we don't have to if you don't want to," I say.
"I want to," he quickly says.
I laugh.
"When are your parents and Ricky coming home?"
"My parents are working late, and Ricky is eating dinner at Clare's."
After I say that, he pulls me closer to him. "I love you."
"I love you too."
He smiles and kisses me, unzipping my skirt. Once my skirt and tights are off, we both breathe heavily before doing anything else. This is the most naked we've seen each other. He brings his hands around my back to unclasp my bra. He looks up into my eyes, asking if I'm okay with this. I give him a reassuring smile. Once it falls down my arms, he looks at me in awe.
"You're so beautiful."
I smile with tears in my eyes. He's so sweet.
He lays me back down and kisses down my neck and side.
"You're sure?" he says, as his index finger hooks onto my underwear.
"I'm sure," I say.
He pulls my underwear down my legs, taking them off me, exposing my whole body to himself. He brings his head up to mine and pecks my lips, as I place my hands on his boxers.
"Are you sure?" I ask.
"One hundred percent," he says.
I pull his boxers down, causing his little friend to immediately hit my thigh. I look down. Wow. I look back up at him, my eyes shot open wide. He laughs, and I slap his chest. Even at the most serious of times, this boy laughs.
"Wait," he says, reaching for his pants.
"What?" I ask.
He pulls out a small package, which I'm guessing is a condom, from his wallet. He smirks. "Better safe than sorry."
"Facts," I say, grabbing it from him. I rip open the package carefully and take out the condom. I've never done this before, so I'm a little confused.
"Um, Em," I say.
"You're just supposed to roll it on," he says.
"Okay," I say.
God, how do I do this? I'm scared to touch him. After about a minute, I think I figured out how to do it. I bite my lip and roll it on him slowly.
"See, not so hard," he says.
"Maybe that wasn't so hard, but something else is," I joke.
He laughs.
"I don't want to hurt you. I'll stop whenever you tell me to. I promise," he says, turning serious.
I nod.
He looks deep into my eyes. "I could never love anyone nearly as much as I love you."
The tears in my eyes build up again.
"Are you ready?" he asks, positioning himself over me.
"Yes," I nod.
Once I say that, his lips are on mine, and he slowly pushes himself into me. I bring my arms around his neck, pulling on his hair. He pulls his lips away from mine for a second.
"Are you okay?" he asks.
He's not even fully into me yet, and he's asking me if I'm okay.
"I've never been more okay," I say.
He pushes further into me, and I scream.
"Baby, are you okay?" He pulls out a little.
"I'm okay. Just keep going," I command.
He pushes in a bit further and is fully in me.
"I love you," he whispers in my ear, pulling out and pushing back in again.
"I-I love you too," I moan, my eyes closed.
I feel his eyes on me. I open my eyes to see just that. Tears run down my face, as a mix of hurt and love run through my body.
"Don't cry," he stops everything.
"Oh my God. I'm fine. Just keep going, Em," I scream, pushing myself up to get more of him in me.
"Sorry," he laughs with a smirk.
Those smirky lips find their way to my neck, leaving sloppy kisses all over the side. His speed builds up as he does this, causing me to carve my nails into his back.
"D-Don't stop."
For the first time he moans. Oh God, even his moans are sexy. After a few more thrusts, that's it for me. My hips buck up to him, and I moan his name. I lay back, and he keeps going for a minute until he becomes limp on top of me. He stays like that for a minute. He pulls out of me, and I see the condom has blood on it.
"Are you okay?" he asks as soon as he sees it.
I laugh, "I would be one to bleed. It's fine, Em. It happens sometimes to virgins."
"Oh, good," he breathes.
He takes off the condom and puts it inside a tissue in the garbage in my bathroom.

•SCENE OVER•

He lays down next to me and pulls me closer to him.
"I can't believe we just did that," he says.
"Me neither," I say.
"Was I, um, okay?" he asks.
I seriously look at him. "Better than okay. Why do you think I kept telling you to keep going?"
He smiles. "I'm sorry I kept stopping. I wanted to make sure you were okay."
"It's okay. It was sweet." I smile.

I get out of my bed to put on something before anyone comes home, and I almost fall over.
"Ow," I say, suddenly feeling sore.
Emery laughs. "You good?"
"Yea," I say.
I try to find my underwear, and I feel his eyes on me again.
"Yes, little perv?" I say.
"Hey, I'm your boyfriend. I'm not a perv."
"Yea, sure. Keep telling yourself that. And seriously?" I say, eyeing his lower area which has, well, lets just say come to life again.
"It's really your fault."
I laugh. I find my bra and underwear and put them on. I see Emery's underwear and throw it at him. I pick up our clothes, putting Emery's in a pile and throwing mine in my wash bin. I put on some pajamas and find some of Emery's spare clothes in my drawer. He gets dressed. We lay down again.
"You're really not mad at me?" he asks me.
"Didn't I just show you how much I absolutely love you?" I say, feeling a bit hurt.
"Yea, but-," he starts, but I cut him off.
"But nothing. It doesn't matter. The past is the past. We can't change it, and we're sure as hell not going to relive it."
"Okay," he softly says, as he pulls me into a side hug.

We lay there for a few minutes, until there's a sudden knock at the door.
"Come in," I say.
"Hey," Ricky says.
"Hey bro," Emery greets him.
"Woah. What happened to your eye?" Ricky asks Emery.
"It takes a while to explain," Emery says.
"Mason?" Ricky asks.
"Yea," Emery laughs.
Ricky laughs and looks at me.
"Are Mom and Dad still at work?" Ricky asks.
"Yea, they said they had to work late today," I say.
"Nice," he says, jumping on my bed. "So, what have you two been doing?" he asks.
"Nothing," Emery says.
"We've just been talking," I say.
"Cool," Ricky says.
"How was dinner at Clare's?" I ask.
"Really good," he says, patting his stomach. "Her mom's chocolate chip cookies. Ugh. So good."
"I know right." I laugh.
"Do you guys want to watch a movie?" Ricky asks us.
"I would, but I have to go. My mom probably wants me home," Emery says, getting up.
"Okay," Ricky says, getting up from my bed as well.
"Brother sister movie night?" Ricky asks, looking at me.
"Sure," I laugh.
"Okay, I'll go find a movie. See you tomorrow, Em," Ricky says, leaving us to go downstairs.
I stand up to say goodbye to Emery. I move to hug him, as he pulls me closer to him by my hips.
"I love you," he says, pulling back to kiss me.
"I love you too," I say after pecking his lips.
He picks up his backpack and clothes before we walk down the stairs and towards the front door.
"Text me when you get home," I say, as I see Emery out.
"I will," he says before kissing me once more.

I turn back around to see Ricky sitting on the couch.
"Nice sex hair," he says without even looking at me.
I sit next to him, mouth closed and eyes open wide.
"Emery really has to get a better poker face," he tells me.
I laugh awkwardly.
"And by the way, gross. You better wash those sheets."

Chapter 23 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.

Confession time...
I've actually had this chapter done for about a week. I've just been scared to publish it. Pressing that publish icon was hella lot like sending a risky text.