Chapter 15- Calm Before The Storm

I wake up to the birds chirping on a beautiful Sunday morning. Luckily, Emery is not on top of me. Although, I don't know where he is. He's not in bed with me.

I pick up my phone to see it's eight in the morning. I get up out of my bed then walk out of my room and down the stairs to see Emery standing at the island in my kitchen, looking at something on his phone and covering his face with his hand.

I walk up behind him and hug him.
"Is everything okay?" I ask him.
"Yea," he says, not sounding so convincing.
"Are you sure?" I ask, turning him around to face me and taking his hands in mine.
"Yes. I'm perfectly fine," he says. He then lifts my face up to his and kisses me softly, though I can still tell there's something wrong.
"You know you can tell me anything and everything, right?" I ask him as I pull away.
He doesn't answer me, just turns away.
"Wow," I say, getting annoyed at him.
I start walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs saying, "Text me when you can trust me."
"Zoey, wait," he says, following me up the stairs and into my room.
"What?" I say, siting down on my bed.
He closes my door and sits next to me.
"You know I trust you with everything, and I would never want to hide anything from you," he says.
"Then why is that exactly the opposite of what you're doing?" I say.
"There are just some things I can't say out loud," he says, confusing me.
He looks down at the floor and says, "My mom called me this morning. She said that her and my dad are getting a- a- a," he starts but can't finish.
"Awe. Em. I get it," I say and hug him.
He hugs me back, and we stay that way for a while.

Once he pulls away he says, "I'm sorry for trying to hide it from you."
I shake my head and say, "No, I'm sorry I was so inconsiderate about this. I should've thought about what could've been happening."
He looks down again. "What do we do now?"
he asks.
"You'll get through this Em. Trust me. You're one of the strongest people I know," I tell him, rubbing his shoulder.
He turns to me and looks deeper into my eyes than he ever has before, making me feel as if he can see right into my soul.
"I love you," he says in a low, passionate tone.
"I love you too," I say, trying to imitate his voice but failing miserably.

He grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him.
"You are my one, soul purpose," he tells me.
"And you're mine," I say to him.

He takes out my hair tie and places it on my nightstand. He runs his hands through my long hair, causing tingles to run down my spine. He takes my face into his hands and brings his close so that I can feel his hot breath. Our noses touch, and I feel as though out of everything we're about to go through, we'll be able to get through it together.

He kisses my nose and lyes me down on my bed. He kisses up and down my neck, murmuring things to me that make my heart melt. Taking my hand, he kisses up the inside of my arm and then across my chest. He kisses down my other arm and moves himself down to my lower body.

He separates my legs and strokes the inside of my thighs. Somehow even though I'm fully clothed, I've never felt more naked and exposed. I look down at him as he looks up at me. In just one look, he tells me how much he truly loves me.

While stroking the outside of my leg, he kisses the inside of it, starting at my ankle. He treats me as if I'm a princess who deserves to be showered with continuous praise. As he moves his beautiful mouth up my leg, suddenly I'm glad I decided to wear shorts to bed last night. I realize while he stops at a region near my knee that he is leaving 'love bites', as he recently decided to call them, all over my legs. Say hello to pants for a while, Zoey. When he gets up to my inner thigh, he pauses and looks at me again, this time with something other than love in his eyes. This new mischievous look makes my heart skip a beat and my body ache for the smallest of his touch. While keeping his eyes locked with mine, he places a kiss on it. I bite my lip as I see how heavy I'm now breathing. He takes this action as an 'okay' to move on. Drawing circles on my thigh with his hand, he makes me wait in anxious anticipation to see what he will do next. I shut my eyes, hearing his loud swallow. He places more than a dozen kisses on my seemingly sacred skin. As he places those kisses, he gets even closer to my core, somewhere where I feel the need for him to touch me now. As he reaches the spot, he comes to a halt. I know neither of us are ready for that now and neither one of us would push the other if we were.

He kisses down my other leg just the same and moves back up to the top of the bed to lye with me. I'm still breathing irregularly as he does this. As he moves his face closer to mine, his arm wraps around my waist and pulls me closer to him. He kisses from my forehead down to my nose in a perfect line, stopping just before kissing my lips.

"Thank you, Zoey, for everything," he tells me, making me feel as though I gave him the world.

Before I can reply, his lips are on mine, bruising me with another one of his loving kisses.

Chapter 15 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.