Chapter 7- I'm Ready

•a few days later•
Two more days till school starts. Great.
Tomorrow's Labor Day, so my family and I are on our annual vacation at my uncle's condo in Florida. My parents invited Emery as well, though they're not letting us share a room. I'm not complaining though. This means I get a queen bed all to myself.

Ricky, Emery, and I are at the beach, while Mom and Dad are fishing.
I sit on the sand to tan next to where Ricky is sitting, and Emery comes over to me.

"Are you serious?" I say, "You're blocking the sun."
He stifles a laugh.
All of a sudden he picks me up off of the sand and carries me into the water.
"Hey! I was trying to tan," I say.
He says nothing, just continues carrying me through the water and looking out at the sun.
"Hello? Earth to Emery," I say.
"I think I'm ready," is all he says.
"What?" I ask.
He places me down in the water. We're in about 4 feet deep, so my feet can touch the sand, and my head can reach above the water.
He takes both of my hands in his and right as the sun seems like it's at it's peak for the day he says, "Zoey, will you go out on a date with me tonight?"
"That's all you wanted to do?" I ask softly, trying not to send him the wrong impression.
He nods, with a mile-wide smile across his face.
"Yes," I say.
He brings his head down to mine and kisses me softly.
"I love you," he whispers so loud only I could hear.
"I love you too," I whisper the same way.

"What time is our date?" I ask.
"Six thirty," he responds.
"And it's noon now, right?" I ask.
"Yep," he says.
"What should I wear?" I ask him.
"Anything you want," he says, gripping my waist and pulling me closer to him.
"Preferably not sweats though," he says.
"You're so rude to me," I say, putting my arms around his neck.
He laughs and, breaking the barrier from our own little world, we get splashed by someone.

Shocker, it's Ricky.
"Bro!" Emery yells angrily, letting go of me and turning around to face Ricky.
"Oops," Ricky says innocently.
I walk over to Ricky and splash him.
"Oops," I say like he did.
Ricky splashes me again.
Emery comes behind me and splashes the both of us. I turn around to him and splash him.
"Okay. I'll be over there, watching you two look like idiots," I say returning to my place in the sand and drying myself off.

"What are you doing over here by yourself?" I hear someone ask behind me.
I turn around to see a scrawny guy around my age.
"I'm actually here with my boyfriend," I say.
"Where is your so called 'boyfriend'?" he says, coming closer to me.
Just as I'm about to say something, I hear someone behind me.
"Over here," I hear Emery's voice say in a harsh tone.
"S-sorry man. I'll go," the guy says, backing away.
"Bye," Emery says, waving.

Emery hugs me from behind, and I close my eyes, enjoying the moment.
"Bastard," he mutters under his breath.
I laugh.
"Where's Ricky?" I ask.
"He went to the cabana to watch the game," Emery says.
"Lets go back to the condo," he says.
"Okay," I say.
We both put on our shoes, I put on my coverup, and he puts on his shirt.

We walk back to the condo. For some reason Emery is rushing, walking at a fast pace.
We get to the condo. He takes my key and opens the door.
He slams the door after I enter and presses me up against it. He throws the key somewhere to the side.
As soon as he turns back to me, he instantaneously smashes his lips onto mine. He runs his hands down my sides and pulls me closer to him. I put my arms around his neck and pull at his baby hairs as I kiss him back.

"Mhm baby," he says as he releases my lips.
I bite my lip and look at him.
"What was that about?" I ask him.
"I had to let out my anger from that bastard at the beach," he says.
"Awe. He shook you up," I say, holding his cheek in my hand.
"Ugh whatever," he says, walking away from me.

I chase after him and jump on his back.
"Hey," I say.
"Yes?" he asks.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"To take a shower," he says, walking into the bathroom.
"And I suggest if you don't want to see that, you should probably leave," he says, gesturing to his private parts.
"You can stay if you want to though," he says with a smirk.
I hop off of his back and quickly say, "I'll be in my room."

While Emery's in the shower, I decide to pick out what I'm going to wear on our date.
No, no, no. I brought nothing decent to wear for tonight. I sit on the bed, and out of the corner of my eye, I see a black dress and black velvet Mary Jane pumps in the closet. It's perfect. They must be my cousin's. I'm sure she won't mind. We share clothes all the time.

After I put my outfit to the side, I hear the bathroom door open

I turn around to see a soaking wet Emery in nothing but a towel standing in my doorframe.
"Can I help you mister?" I ask, approaching him.
"Um, I think you can," he says.
"How so?" I ask.
"I think you know," he says, taking my hand.
I push on his chest.
"Go get changed," I say.
"Fine," he laughs, letting go of my hand and going into the room he's sharing with Ricky.

He comes back a few seconds later, still wearing the towel. He takes both of my hands in his and says, "I'll see you at the door at six thirty my love."
He kisses my forehead and leaves.

I go into the shower, get changed, and do my hair. I leave it down in its natural curls, after I dry it.

As I finish getting ready, I hear a knock at the door.
"Come in," I say.
"So, I heard you're going on your first date with Emery tonight. I just wanted to come in and check on you," my mom says joyously, while she's walking into the room. She closes the door behind her and sits on the bed.
"Thanks Mom. How does this look?" I say.
"You look beautiful Honey," she says.
"Thank you," I say.
"Well, have fun tonight," she says, getting up about to leave.
"Wait Mom," I say.
"Yes Dear," she responds.
"Do you have any idea where I'm going?" I ask her.
"I made a promise not to tell, but I know your going to love it," she says and leaves me.

I look at my phone to check the time.
6:28
I better get going. I walk out of my room and start walking towards the front door.

Chapter 7 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.