Goodbye ~ P.S.

These 4 words Patrick said, freaked you out.

"We have to talk"

These 4 words you were afraid of since the beginning of your relationship, just left his lips. But you did nothing wrong, right? You never cheated, you never yelled at him. He didn't either. What could possibly be wrong? Maybe he just wanted to talk to you about moving to a bigger house. Or about buying a new car. Or even about having a baby.

You got pulled out of your thoughts by Patrick sitting down next to you and placing his hand on your thigh. Your head shot up and your eyes met his beautiful eyes you fell in love with.

"Before you say anything, Y/n, I'm truly sorry." That made you think only of one thing. "Patrick did you cheat?" His eyes shot wide open and he pulled his hand back.

"What? No! I would never cheat on you." He hugged you. It was unexpected so you didn't react for a second, but soon you hugged him back. He pulled back, his eyes were filled with sadness, while yours were filled with sadness and concern.

"I have to go on tour. This tour will last for a year. No breaks. I'm sorry but I-" he played nervously with the hem of his  shirt before he finished his sentence "- have to break up with you. It'd only hurt you and me."

No, no he couldn't.

Your eyes burned, probably because of the tears building up and threatening to fall.

"You'd only hurt me by breaking up, Patrick. If you think this will hurt less, you're totally fucking wrong."

"Y/n I know this is hard, but-"

"No Patrick!" You cut him off. "There are no 'buts'. I don't know the way you're thinking. But I know it is the wrong way. Please don't do this." At this point you were crying, choking on tears, your voice cracking at every single word.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." He stood up, walking towards the door. You hadn't noticed, but he already started crying as well.

"Patrick, wait!" He turned back to you. You stood up and walked to him. "Can I get one last...kiss?"

More and more tears were falling out of the eyes of you and Patrick. He nodded. You closed your eyes, leaning in.

Soon your chapped lips met his soft ones. Your lips moved in rhythm, just like a dance, that held on to 15 seconds.

Both of you leaned away at the same time. Patrick turned around and opened the door.

"Goodbye, Y/n" was the last thing you heard, before he shut the door.