Only For You ~ O.S.

(A/n: It took me years to come up with this idea and I may have shed a tear or two while writing this. Song recommendation: Blessed With A Curse ~ BMTH)

Your boyfriend Oli came back home from your funeral, messy hair, tear stained cheeks and all of that.

How did it come to this?

He thought to himself as he kicked off his shoes, dropping down to the couch. He buried his face in his hands, sobbing uncontrollably. Oli loosened his tie a little, so he could breathe better.

The worse thing for him was, that he wasn't by your side when the life left your lungs. Hell, he didn't even know the cause of your death. All he knew, was that you were visiting your best friend F/n to stay there for a few weeks. It was the perfect time, because during these weeks, he was on tour with his bandmates.

The familiar sound of the doorbell teared him out of his thoughts, leading him to the door.

Oliver forced himself to stand up, wiping away his tears.

"Yea?" He sniffed as he opened the door to see a mailman.

"I've got a letter for Mr. Sykes." The redhaired man gave your boyfriend a smile, filled with sympathy.

Oliver accepted the letter. "Yea, that's me. Thank you." And he closed the door.

When he opened the letter, it wasn't what he expected. It was a CD.

"Only for you, Oliver" He read out loud. Wincing at the sight of your handwriting, biting his lip to keep him from shedding more tears.

Oliver quickly got up and got his laptop, turning it on and placing in the CD. He immediately presses on play and waited for the video to start.

The first thing that popped up was your face, which made him smile.

"Hey, baby." You smiled into the camera.

"'Ello, love." Oliver replied.

"First of all, I want you to know, that I love you with all my heart and I want to explain to you what happened. I told you that I would be staying at F/n for quite some time-"

"Yea, you did." He sadly chuckled.

"-I don't know how to put it in different words so here it comes-" you took a deep breath. "-I have breast cancer. I knew that I wouldn't be able to fight it. And most importantly, I knew that I would die." You sadly smiled into the camera, a few tears rolling down your already stained cheeks. "And by the time you're watching this, I'm probably dead. I just- I didn't want you to be next to me while I was dying." You explained while sobs escaped your lips.

In this moment, Oli didn't know what to feel, what to think or what to do. But if he could, he would jump through the screen, hugging you, holding you in his arms and whispering the assuring words that you were all familiar with.

"I didn't want to see you in pain. This may sound stupid, but I thought this was the better way. For you and me." You ran a hand through your hair. "I'm sorry. So, so sorry. I love you. Please don't forget that." You smiled before turning off the camera.

"I love you too." Oliver whispered back, his voice cracking.

The screen was pitch black for a few moments. Before the screen lit up again, with silly selfies of you and your boyfriend, videos and all of that, 'Cancer' by My Chemical Romance playing in the background.

And this was how Oliver spent his next nights..