1: I'm adopted?

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

The Second Wizarding War ended two and a half months ago. Voldemort's dead and so are most of the Death Eaters. The ones who didn't perish in the war are in Azkaban and will stay there until their final day on Earth.

About a week or two after the war ended the ministry helped me return my parents memories to them. I've been at their house ever since, only visiting the Burrow once or twice.

The mood there is...grim to say the least. They're all still mourning for Fred and all of the friends they lost in the war in different ways. George and Arthur are always working, Ron didn't speak to anyone for a week, Harry and Ginny do their best to try and comfort Molly on top of their own mourning.

Harry and Ginny got back together after the war ended and at least they have each other to lean on.

Ron and I did kiss during the war but it was a 'heat of the moment' type thing. Ron and I both agreed on that after it happened. At least it didn't ruin our friendship, Merlin knows it could've.

"Hermione, come down here please!" Mum yells from downstairs.

I leave my bedroom and walk downstairs.

Mum and Dad are sitting in the living room with a man, a woman, and Blaise Zabini? What in the world is Zabini doing in my home?

The man has dark brown eyes, dark skin, and black hair. He looks almost exactly like Blaise but has sharper features. He's wearing a navy blue suit and dark brown shoes.

The woman has hazel eyes, curly dark brown hair, and lighter skin than her husband and Blaise. She has high cheekbones and a sharp jawline. She's wearing a black pantsuit and black high heels.

"Honey, this is Marcus and Channary Zabini. And you already know Blaise" Mum said, sounding sad.

She has a somewhat sad expression on her face and Dad has an emotionless expression on his face.

Channary and Marcus look at me and give me small smiles while Blaise gives me a friendly smile as if we've been friends our whole lives.

"Uh, what's going on?" I asked, confused.

"We...have something to tell you....you were adopted" Mum said.

What?

How can I be adopted? And how could they wait so long to tell me? Then why are the Zabini's and Blaise here? That couldn't mean.....

"W-what" I stuttered.

"And the Zabini's are your biological parents. Blaise is your twin brother" Dad said.

That explains why the Zabini's are here but I don't look like them or Blaise at all.

"H-how is that possible?" I said, quietly.

"Honey, you need to go upstairs and pack your things" Mrs. Granger said, apprehensively.

"Why?" I asked, looking at the woman who I called 'Mum' for the past eighteen years.

"Because you're going to live with your family at their house" She said.

"B-but..." I trailed off.

"No buts, young lady. Go upstairs and pack you things. Now" Mrs. Granger said, almost emotionlessly.

Without saying anything, I go back upstairs and into my bedroom. I hear someone following me so I turn around. It's Blaise.

I give him a forced smile before I walk into my bedroom. He follows me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, looking at Blaise.

"Mum told me to help you pack" He replied.

I nod and grab my trunk from my closet. I start folding clothes and putting them in.

"Can you bring those books over here?" I asked, pointing to the books on my bedside table.

All of the books are books from my previous years at Hogwarts. Blaise does what I asked him to do.

With Blaise's help, I finish packing my things in less than an hour. Blaise and I bring my bags downstairs.

Marcus and Channary stand up when they see Blaise and I coming down the stairs.

"Ready to go?" Channary asks.

I slowly nod.

"We'll be outside so you can say your goodbyes" Channary said.

She lead Marcus and Blaise outside, leaving me along with Mr and Mrs Granger.

Mrs Granger walks over to me and wrap her arms around me. I hug her back, not bothering to fight back the tears. Mr Granger walks over and makes it a group hug.

After a minute the hug ends and we're all crying.

"No matter what you're still our baby girl, contact us whenever you want" Mrs Granger said.

"I will, I promise" I said.

"You don't want to keep them waiting" Mr Granger said.

"Okay, well...bye" I said.

I walked out of the house and saw that Channary, Marcus, and Blaise were all standing around the door, waiting for me.

"We're going to apparate to the manor, okay" Channary said.

She held out her hand and I grabbed it. We apparated to the manor.

~~~~~

The manor looks as big as Malfoy Manor, maybe even bigger.

I follow Blaise, Marcus, and Channary inside of the manor and we're greeted by a house elf.

The main room of the manor is huge. The walls are a dark grey and the floors are tile black and white. The walls are covered in portraits of beautiful men and women; they must be deceased members of the Zabini family.

There are stairs leading up to the next floor and archways on each side of the stairs leading somewhere else in the house. There's a fire place on the right wall of the room. They must use the Floo network through that.

"Tulip, please take Hermione's bags to her room" Blaise said, placing my bags onto the floor.

"Right way, Master Blaise" Tulip says.

She grabs two of my three bags and apparates away.

Blaise leaves the room through the left archway and Marcus leaves through the right, leaving Channary and I alone.

"Hermione, dear, I know you must be curious. Ask any questions that you may have" Channary said.

"If I'm your daughter and Blaise's twin how come I don't look like you?" I asked.

"Your father and I placed a Glamour Charm on you when we sent you to live with the Grangers, do you want it taken off?" She asks.

"No! At least not yet" I said.

Channary looked a little disappointed but I disregarded her look. I'll have her take the glamour charm eventually but not now.

"Is Hermione my real name?" I asked.

"No. Do you want to know your true name?" Channary asked.

Of course my name was never Hermione Jean. I'm surprised that I even thought that there was a possibility that it was.

"Yes" I said.

"Your true name is Destiny Skyler Zabini" Channary said.