21: Party Planners

~ Hermione ~

The day after we got Lucy, I was sitting in my bedroom on my bed. Blaise, Virginia, and Lucas were also sitting on my bed. We've been hanging out for the past hour or two just talking. Lucy was laying at the end of the bed, silently watching us talk. She's already taken a liking to Blaise, for some reason, after only living with us for less then twenty-four hours.

Channary and Marcus are out doing something. They told us when they were leaving that they were leaving but not what they were doing. Or when they would come back. Blaise said that them doing that is a regular occurrence, ever since the war ended.

Blaise and Virginia think that they go to the cemetery to mourn their dead friends and colleagues. Lucas doesn't care or he just ignores it.

"What should we do for New Years Eve?" Virginia asks out of the blue.

"We could throw a party?" Blaise suggests, cautiously eyeing his little sister.

"Yes! A party!" Virginia exclaims happily.

Lucas and I look at our brother and sister with skeptical looks on our faces. Why would they want to throw a party for New Years Eve? How large would this party be anyways, if it were to happen. Would Channary and Marcus even allow us to have a party?

"Really? A party?" I ask.

"Yes, 'Mione, a party. Don't be such a party pooper" Virginia frowns at me.

"Let's write up an invite list. 'Mione where do you keep your parchment?" Blaise asks.

He stands up and looks at me with an expectant look on his face.

"In my desk" I reply.

Blaise nods and walks over to my desk, Lucy following not far behind him. He pulls out a piece of parchment before sitting down. Lucy plops herself down at Blaise's feet. Ignoring the dog, Blaise grabs the ink pen on the desk and looks at us expectantly.

"Who shall we invite?" Blaise asks, a somewhat mischievous look on his face.

"Aunt Lorelai" Virginia says.

Blaise groans but writes her name down on the list. It's the first name on our list for people to come to our New Years Eve Party.

I'm pretty sure they would invite Uncle Anthony, Elizabeth, and Emma but they went back to France. Apparently Elizabeth and Emma's mother and Uncle Anthony's wife, Arielle, is sick and they don't like being separated from her for long. Blaise told me that Aunt Arielle's always been sick and he's only met her one and that was before Lucas was two years old.

"The Weasley's and Harry, obviously" I chime in.

Blaise nods, blushes a little, before writing their names down. Virginia laughs at her older brother, gaining a glare from him.

"Draco, Pansy, and Theo" Blaise mumbles to himself.

Is that everybody we're inviting? If that's it it's going to be more like a small gathering than a party. Oh well.

"Is that everybody's you guys want to invite?" Blaise asks.

"Yeah" Lucas says for all of us.