3: The Hogwarts Express

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

Channary, Marcus, Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I are standing at King Cross Station as a family. This is our first public outing all together as a complete family. I look around the station, a little paranoid of people seeing me with the Zabini's. As far as I know only Marcus, Channary, Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and the Grangers know about me. But I could be wrong and they could've told people.

Channary, Virginia, and I all went to Diagon Alley last week to get the books that Virginia and I need for this year. We also bought some new robes and we were there all that day. It was actually a very fun day.

Marcus, Blaise, and Lucas went the next day because they all don't like shopping and knew if they went with us they would be there all day.

"Write to us every week, please" Channary said, worry evident in her voice.

She has every reason to be worried; so soon after getting her daughter back she's sending her and two of her other children to a magical boarding school and the next time we'll all see each other is at Christmas. And sending them back to the place where so many people died three months ago.

"I promise I will" Virginia said, sounding genuine.

I don't doubt for a second that Virginia won't write every week. First year is so exciting that it can barely be explained in weekly letters home.

Channary nods and looks at me.

"I promise" I said.

Now we're all looking at Blaise. Channary said that Blaise hardly ever writes home during previous years at Hogwarts. That must've made Marcus and Channary worried out of their minds.

"I promise, alright. We need to get going" Blaise said, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, I love you all" Channary said.

We all have an somewhat awkward group hug before Virginia, Blaise, and I board the Hogwarts Express.

Blaise silently heads off in the direction of the Slytherin compartments. He could've at least said goodbye but that would risk us being seen together. Virginia starts to follow him but stops.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Should I go sit with Blaise? Since no one knows about you yet?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm sorry but that would be easier then explaining everything to all my friends" I said.

"Okay. Pray that I get sorted into Gryffindor" Virginia smiles.

"Will do, kiddo" I said and I smile back at her.

She gives me a quick hug before running after Blaise. I walk around the train for a little bit before I find Harry, Ron, and Ginny's compartment.

I knock on the door and Harry instantly opens it. He wraps his arms around me in a bone crushing hug. I hug him back but with significantly less force.

"can't...breath" I struggle to say.

Harry lets go of me and chuckles awkwardly. I sit down next to him and slide the compartment door closed.

"Uh..'Mione, what are you wearing?" Ginny asks, arching a brow at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I look down at myself and see that I'm wearing a dark blue pantsuit. Damn it, I shouldn't have let Channary pick out what I was wearing today. She also picked out what Virginia and Blaise wore so at least I'm not alone.

Now is my chance to tell them about me. But what if they'll hate me. What if they think that I think that I'm better then them because I'm richer than them or something like that? No, they're not like that. I'll just tell them when I'm ready to.