4: The Great Hall

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

We arrived at the Great Hall half an hour after we entered the carriage. It looks exactly like it did before the war began.

Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville, and I sit down at the Gryffindor table. All of the teachers beside McGonagall were sitting up at the teachers table. She must be handling the Sorting Ceramony like always. Even if she is the headmistress that doesn't mean she can't do the things she used to.

I look around the room and my eyes land on Blaise. He's sitting silently at the Slytherin table next to Malfoy and Parkinson. He notices that I'm looking at him and taps his temple, signaling I should contact him with our Twin-Telepathy.

*What's up, Blaise?*

I return my attention to the Gryffindor table so no one asks any questions. Ron, Ginny, Harry, and Neville are talking about something involving the Feast.

*You should've seen Virginia on the train tonight. She pissed Pansy off so bad it was hilarious*

*Sounds like fun*

*It was. You should sit with us next tine*

*And be called Mudblood by Parkinson and Malfoy, no thanks*

Someone nudges my arm. I look at the person sitting next to me and see that it's Harry.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Is something wrong? You're zoning out a lot" Harry says.

"I'm fine, Harry, seriously. If something was wrong I would tell you" I said, not wanting Harry to worry about me.

"Okay" Harry said.

*Pansy and Draco have changed for the better since the war. They wouldn't call you that if we told them the truth about you*

*And have it be around the whole Wizarding World by the next day, no thanks*

*Why don't you want anyone to know? Are you ashamed of your family?*

His voice sounds as if he's going to cry. Well he knows how to guilt trip me.

*No!....I don't know*

The doors to the Great Hall open and in walks McGonagall followed by scared and excited First Years. I see Virginia in the front of the crowd and fight the urge to wave to her.

The sorting hat sings it song and the Sorting Ceramony begins. I don't pay attention for most of it.

"VIRGINIA ZABINI!" The hat yells.

I look as my little sister climbs up to the stool and sits down. After what seems like an eternity the hat bellows out her house.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Gryffindor house cheers and Virginia looks at me and smiles. I smile back at her.

She walks over to the Gryffindor table and sits down next to the other newly sorted students. The cheering dies down after she sits down.

She was the last student sorted so the Sorting Ceramony ended. Gryffindor house got 10 new students not counting Virginia, Slytherin for 12 new students, Ravenclaw got 10 new students, and Hufflepuff got 9 new students.

*Take care of her, Hermione*

I look across the room at Blaise and indiscreetly nod. He sees and nods in my general direction.

"Hermione, what are you looking at?" Ron asks.

I look away from my brother and look at Ron. Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Neville were all staring at me as if I've grown a second head.

"Nothing" I said.

"Uh huh" Ron says sarcastically, obviously not believing me.

McGonagall said all the rules about the forbidden forest and the third floor before the feast began.

Ron, Ginny, and Harry immediately started eating while I just got some food and played with it.

~~~~~

After about an hour all the plates were cleared and everyone's attention went back to the headmistress. She was standing at Dumbledore's old Owl Podium.

"Attention! Attention! It is time to announce Head Boy and Girl along with the Prefects. This year there will only be one Prefect from each house" McGonagall announced.

The Great Hall became silent in an instant. Only one Prefect? There are usually six at a time per house. Maybe they're going to be doing it like this from now on?

"The Prefect from Gryffindor is...Ginny Weasley!" McGonagall announced.

All of the houses cheered and Neville gave Ginny a brief hug. Gryffindor obviously cheered the loudest and Slytherin the quietest.

"The Prefect from Ravenclaw is....Luna Lovegood!"

The room erupted in cheers. Luna is a somewhat well liked girl but some people are still mean to her.

"The Prefect from Hufflepuff is.....Susan Bones!"

The room cheered again.

"And the Prefect from Slytherin is...Blaise Zabini!"

I cheer a little louder for Blaise, he is my twin brother after all. I look at Ginny and a faint blush rests upon her cheeks. I silently chuckle to myself. Maybe I could hook them up?

"Head Girl is...Hermione Granger!" McGonagall announced.

The room cheered and I felt myself beginning to blush. I looked at Blaise and he gave me a small thumbs up.

"Head Boy is...Draco Malfoy!"

Silence.

Then a few cheers from Slytherin before the room lapsed back into silence.

How could Malfoy be Head Boy?