15: Christmas Eve pt.2

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

"Why?" Virginia asks suddenly and emotionlessly.

"Because they want to meet Hermione" Channary replies.

"But they never wante to meet or get to know us. The last time they were here Lucas was four" Virginia says glumly.

"Virginia Grace! Your grandparents love you! And they would come over more often but they're busy all the time" Channary said, frowning at her youngest daughter.

"If they loved us they would try and make time for us" Virginia pouted.

"They do try, Virginia. Listen to your mother and understand that your grandparents are busy people" Marcua intervened.

"Are Grandma Astrid and Grandpa Quentin coming over as well?" Lucas asks.

Before you ask; Grandma Astrid and Grandpa Quentin are Dad's parents. They're also the parents of Aunt Lorelai and Uncle Deon. They visit every Christmas and at least once during the summer.

"Yes, Lucas, they're coming" Marcus said to his youngest son.

Then I remembered something. Virginia said something in September about Channary hosting that ball to reveal my identity.

"Channary? Is it true that you're going to be hosting a ball where you're going to reveal my identity? Virginia told me in September so I was just wondering" I said.

"Oh! Yes, only if you want to have it. We can push it back to the end of the school year, if that's what you want" Channary said.

"Yes, please push it back" I say, nodding my head.

"Was that the suprise?" Blaise asks.

"Yes, I thought it would please you all" Channary said quietly.

"Can I go to my room?" Virginia asks.

"Yes, dear" Channary says, a sad look on her face.

Virginia stands up from the couch and leaves the room. The lounge falls in to an uncomfortable silence.

"Can we all go?" Blaise asks.

"Of course" Channary says glumly.

Blaise, Lucas, and I all file out of the lounge. Virginia is sitting on the stairs going up close to where our bedrooms are.

"You okay?" Blaise asks his little sister.

Virginia looks up at him and she nods. She looks a little sad and annoyed but that's about it.

"Want to go watch a movie?" Lucas suggests.

"Sure. What do you suggest?" Virginia says.

She stands up and starts to walk to the screening room. Blaise, Lucas, and I trail behind her.

"How does Jurassic Park sound?" Lucas asks.

"Sounds good. I'll pop the popcorn. Orders for that?" Virginia asks.

"Two kettle corn's and one butter" Blaise says.

"Coming right up!" Virginia calls.

Lucas puts the movie in the DVD player before sitting down. I sit down beside him and Blaise sits down on the other side of him. When the popcorn is done and everyone has their's, Virginia sits down on my other side.

~~~~

After Jurassic Park was over, Virginia put The Goonies on. Apparently it's Blaise's favorite movie of all time.

When that was over it was time for dinner. Tonight we're having breakfast burritos. Breakfast for dinner is a great meal, especially when the food is cooked just right.

"So...Hermione" Channary said.

"Yes?" I said, looking at my biological mother.

"My parents, Thalia and Elijah, will be calling you Destiny. They know that you were Hermione Granger and that you still have your glamour charm on. Marcus's parents, Astrid and Quentin will also be calling you Destiny. They've been wanting to meet you ever since we told them about you" Channary said.

"Does that mean we have to start calling her Destiny instead of Hermione?" Virginia asks.

"Yes, it does. At least while your grandparents are here" Channary said.

"Okay" Virginia says, slowly nodding her head.

You don't like your true name, do you?

I slightly jump at hearing Blaise's voice in my head. Even though I somewhat got used to it it's still weird. And that's coming from a witch.

I don't not like it it's just that I'm so used to being called Hermione.

"Hermione, you got a letter by an owl today. I didn't open it so here you go" Marcus said.

He handed me a letter and I slowly took it from him. On the envelope in simple handwriting is written 'Hermione Granger'.

"Can I open it?" I asked, not wanting to be rude.

"Of course dear!" Channary exclaims.

I slowly open the letter and take it out of the envelope. I read it and am smiling by the time I'm done.

Dear Hermione,

PLEASE COME AND VISIT ME! Mum, Dad, George, Ron, and Harry are driving me insane!

I asked Mum if you could bring your family over for Christmas and she said you could! I get it if you guys already have plans but please come over before term starts back up.

And before I go competely insane.

Love,
Ginny Weasley

"Who's it from?" Blaise asks.

"Ginny" I said, giving him a quick grin.

Blaise starts to blush and everyone notices. Virginia starts to laugh and Lucas looks confused.

"Who's this Ginny girl?" Channary asks.

"Ginny Weasley is Hermione's best friend and Blaise has a crush on her!" Virginia laughs.

"I DO NOT!" Blaise yells, starting to blush even worse.

"Honey it's fine if you like this girl. How about you invite them over" Channary said.

"When?" I asked.

"Today, why not?" Channary said.

"A-alright" I stutter.

~~~~~

After dinner is done Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I go back to my bedroom. I situate myself at my desk before writing a quick letter in response to Ginny.

Dear Ginny,

I'm sorry that they're all driving you insane. But that's what family is for, isn't it?

Channary said you all can come over tonight if you want. Just use the Floo Network and say Zabini Manor. You won't believe the size of my bedroom!

And I could perhaps get you some alone time with Blaise

Love,
Hermione

I fold my letter up and put it in an envelope before giving it to Marcus so he can send it.

What are Molly and Arthur going to think about me after they find out that I'm a Zabini? Hopefully they won't hate me like Ron.