14: Christmas Eve pt.1

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

A few days pass and suddenly it's Christmas Eve. We set up the tree in the main lounge the day after Blaise, Virginia, and I got home from Hogwarts. The tree is huge, it practically scrapes the celling, and the ornaments change color. They only do that because of a charm that Marcus put on them after Virginia and Lucas begged him for an hour to do it. For the past few days Channary and Marcus have let Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I do basically whatever we want. But today they have something special planned so we have to stay home.

I walk into my walk-in closet, not knowing what I want to wear. I eventually choose a button-up white shirt and black slacks. I also grab a pair of black flats and a black leather jacket in case we go out today for the suprise that Channary and Marcus have planned.

I put the flats in front of my bed and lay the leather jacket down on my bed. I ponder whether or not I should switch out the leather jacket for a different cardigan.

Knock. Knock. Knock

"Come in!" I say loud enough so the person on the other side of the door could hear me.

The bedroom door opens and Blaise walks in. He sits down on my bed and I look at him.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey. Have you any clue what Mum and Dad are planning for today?" Blaise asks.

"No, do you?" I answer his question with a question.

"No. I think Virginia and Lucas might know so let's go find them" Blaise said, standing up.

I nod and we leave my bedroom. First we check Virginia's bedroom but neither she nor Lucas are there. Next we check Lucas's room and they aren't there either.

"Where in the world are they?" I ask no one in particular.

"Let's go ask Mum and Dad" Blaise says.

I nod. We make our way to Marcus' study. This time we are actually greeted by the people we were looking for. Channary and Marcus are both in the study; Marcus is pacing and Channary is sitting down looking at her husband.

"Mum do you know where Virginia and Lucas are?" Blaise asks.

Channary and Marcus both look at their eldest son for a moment. Then they both shake their head 'no'.

"Sorry, sweetie. Why are you looking or them?" Channary asks.

"We just need to...ask if they had any last minute presents that they want" Blaise lies.

"Oh, if you two are going out go out after our little suprise. Please, Virginia and Lucas would be mad if you two got to leave and they didn't" Channary said.

"Alright, what's the suprise anyways?" Blaise asks.

"It wouldn't be a suprise if you guys knew" Marcus says.

"Yeah. Why don't you two go look for your younger siblings" Channary suggests.

"Alright, Blaise let's go" I said.

Blaise nods and we leave Marcus' study.  Time to restart our search for Virginia and Lucas.

~~~~~

We found Virginia and Lucas in the pool room after looking for nearly half an hour. That's how huge Zabini manor is, it took us half an hour to check each room that we thought they would be in. And there are still more rooms that I've never been in.

Apparently Zabini Manor has a freaking pool room. And that pool room contains a giant pool and a hot tub. Why wasn't I told about this room sooner?

Surrounding the pool are lounge chairs and there are towel racks in the corners. There's an open door in the far corner of the room. I can see beach balls and other pool toys from where I'm standing. There are two lounge chairs with clothes and towels on them, the clothes and towels must belong to Virginia and Lucas.

"Hey guys!" Virginia yells when we enter the room.

"Have you two been here all day?" Blaise asks.

"Yes, we have" Lucas replies.

"Hermione go get changed and swim with us! You too Blaise!" Virginia suggests.

I nod my head and follow Blaise out of the pool room. I head to my room and he heads to his.

When I get back to my room I find a variety of bathing suits to choose from. I end up choosing a purple bikini. Before leaving my bedroom, I throw a loose tank-top over my bathing suit.

I arrive back at the pool room before Blaise does. I put a towel and my loose tank-top on the lounge chair next to Virginia's chair.

I walk into the pool and the water, suprisingly, is very warm. Almost immediately Blaise walks into the room, wearing just black swim trunks.

I swim out to where Virginia and Lucas are. They look at me with identical devilish grins on their faces.

"What's up with you two?" I asked, arching a brow at the two of them.

"Nothing, nothing at all" Lucas replies.

Blaise grabs a floating mattress from the pool toys room and throws it into the pool. He runs and jumps into the pool, directly onto the mattress.

"We should dunk him" Virginia whispers to Lucas and I.

"Isn't that a bit...childish?" I asked, looking at the two of them with a skeptic gaze.

"Yes, but so what?" Virginia says.

"What are you guys talking about?" Blaise says, from his floating mattress.

He's floating a few feet away from Virginia, Lucas, and I. He has his eyes closed and is resting his head on his hands.

"Nothing important" I reply.

Virginia simply grins at me before she silently swims over to where Blaise is, Lucas not far behind her. Not wanting to take part in any 'dunking', I stay where I was.

Virginia and Lucas nod at each other before abruptly lifting the floating mattress to one side, throwing Blaise down into the water.

I start laughing and so do Virginia and Lucas. Blaise comes back to the surface and glares at the three of us.

"Hermione why didn't you stop them?" Blaise asks, sounding extremely annoyed.

"Didn't feel like it" I shrugged.

The door to the pool room opened and Channary and Marcus walk in, not wearing bathing suits. Is it time for the suprise?

"All of you go get changed and meet us in the main lounge. You have ten minutes" Marcus says.

Channary nods and they both leave the room as quickly as they had entered it.

Listening to our parents, we all rush to get out of the pool. I grab my towel and quickly dry myself off as much as I could.

I run out of the pool room and back to my bedroom. I quickly change out of my bikini and back into my white button-up shirt and black slacks.

I leave my room and make my way to the main lounge. I was the last one to arrive. I sit down on the couch with Blaise, Virginia, and Lucas. Channary and Marcus are sitting on the love seat across the room from us.

"What's the suprise?" Virginia asks.

"Grandma Thalia and Grandpa Elijah are coming for dinner tomorrow!" Channary happily exclaims.

Blaise, who are they?

I shudder slightly, and unnoticeably, at the use of the Twin-Telepathy. Blaise and I haven't communicated through it in weeks.

Grandma Thalia and Grandpa Elijah are Mum's parents. The last time they were here Lucas had just turned four. They must want to meet their granddaughter for the first time