6: Hand Shake

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

Ginny woke me up the next morning by pushing me out of my bed. I wake up instantly as the side of my face hits the cold floor.

"Ow! What the hell Ginny!" I yell at her, rubbing my head.

Great, now I'm going to have a headache all day and on our first day.

"We're gonna be late!" Ginny yells back at me.

I slowly stand up and change into my robes. Ginny leaves the room and I follow her when I'm done changing. I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun before leaving the dormitory.

On our way out of the dormitory we bump into Malfoy and Blaise. More like I walk into Malfoy's back, causing him and Blaise to turn around.

"Granger, Weaselette" Malfoy says, sounding annoyed.

"Malfoy, Zabini" I said as emotionlessly as possible, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Malfoy glared at me and I glared back at him. He opened his mouth to say something but doesn't. Was he gonna call me Mudblood like he usually does? Blaise did say he's changed for the better since the war. Blaise just stands next to Malfoy with a nearly emotionless expression on his face. He looks sorry for some reason. Probably because Malfoy is an ass.

"Let's go, Hermione" Ginny says.

She grabs my arm and pulls me away from Malfoy and Blaise and down the hallway. She lets go of my arm when we can't see Malfoy or Blaise.

"I thought he was going to flip out on you" Ginny muttered.

"Me too" I said.

We walked into the Great Hall and sat down across from Harry and Ron. Virginia is sitting a little ways down the table with a group of First Year girls.

"The common room isn't the same without you guys" Harry says, gloomily.

"You're  just sad because I won't be there to do your homework" I said.

"No...a little" Harry admitted.

"Uh..what do you guys have first period?" Ron asks.

"Potions" Ginny said.

"I have a free period" I said.

"Ugh, Harry and I have Charms" Ron groaned.

"Charms isn't that bad. At least it isn't History of Magic" I said, trying to cheer Ron up.

Besides Divination, History of Magic might be the most boring class at Hogwarts. Professor Binns, a ghost, is old enough to put his personal input in on nearly everything he teaches. The class consists of listening to lectures and taking tons of notes.

"Uh...you're Hermione Granger right?" A familiar voice says behind me.

I turn around to see Virginia standing behind me. A remnant of a smile lingers on her face. She must know that I haven't told anybody about me yet so that's why she's acting as if she doesn't know me.

"Yep. And you are?" I asked, playing along.

"Virginia. Virginia Zabini. Since you're Head Girl I was wondering if you could show me where the Transfiguration classroom is?" She asks.

"Sure, no problem" I said.

I stand up. Ginny, Harry, and Ron are all staring at me.

"What? It's part of my duties as Head Girl to help other students" I said, rolling my eyes at them.

Virginia and I leave the Great Hall together.

"Why haven't you told your friends yet?" Virginia asks.

"I..don't know, I'll tell them soon" I said, honestly.

I want to tell them but it just doesn't feel...right to tell them right now.

"Okay. Because Mum is planning on hosting a ball during Winter Break and wants to reveal your identity there" She says.

"And I'm just learning of this now why?" I asked, angry.

The least Channary could do is tell me when she's planning on revealing my true identity to the whole Wizarding World.

"Oh, I thought you already knew" Virginia mumbled.

"Well I didn't and this is the Transfiguration classroom" I said, stopping in front of an open door.

I can see the desks in the classroom from here. I wonder if McGonagall will still teach or if they got a new teacher for the subject?

"Okay, thanks sis" Virginia said.

She looks around the hallway before quickly giving me a hug. I hug her back before she pulls away.

We can both hear the chatter of students coming from down the hallway.

"See you later" Virginia said, walking into the classroom.

"See ya" I said to her back.

Since I have a free period this morning I decide to go to the library. The library is completely empty when I arrive except for the school librarian, Madam Pince.

I grab a random book off of one of the shelves and sit down at a table in the corner of the room.

I probably was alone for about five minutes before I heard someone clear their throat. I look up from the book and see Malfoy standing in front of my table. I close my book and narrow my eyes at him.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I asked.

He sits down and looks at me with...guilt and regret in his eyes? No, I'm just seeing things. Malfoy is a heartless bastard who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

"I....um...wanted to apologize" He says quietly.

"What?" I asked, pretending that I didn't hear him the first time.

He groans and runs his fingers through his platinum blonde hair. Which, isn't slicked back and actually looks really nice. Wait, did I just say that Malfoy's hair looked nice? What in the world?

"I wanted to apologize for being an asshole for all those years. Hell, I still probably am one" Malfoy said, sounding nervous.

Why is he apologizing? Blaise did say that the war changed him, maybe he was right about it changing him for the better.

"Why?" I asked, arching a brow at him

~~~Shift to Draco's Point of View~~~

"Why?" Granger asked, arching a brow at me.

Why did she need to make this more complicated then necissary. She is Granger after all.

"Because now I know that I had no right to make fun of you and call you that..name for all those years" I admitted to her.

Shock filters across her beautiful face. Damn my stupid little crush on her!
Yes, you heard right. Draco Malfoy has a crush on Hermione Granger.

"U-uh...okay. Apology accepted" Granger said, sounding as if she was at a loss for words.

"Can we restart our relationship?" I asked.

"Sure" Granger said, giving me a toothless smile.

I felt a blush creep into my cheeks. If Granger noticed she didn't say anything, thank Merlin for that.

"Hello, I'm Draco Malfoy and you are?" I asked, extending my hand.

"Hello, I'm Hermione Granger. It's nice to meet you" She said.

She grabbed my hand and shook it.

That's when the supposedly impossible happened; Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger were no longer enemies.

~~~~
Hey guys! You're welcome for the snipet of Draco's P.O.V. Maybe if you guys want more of it it'll happen *hint hint*

This is going to be the last update for the next few days because I have to go back to school, ugh.

I hope you all have enjoyed this so far and I will speak to you in the next chapter!

XoXo

Kat_Granger