19: Christmas Day pt.3

~ Hermione ~

Channary, with newfound courage, stood up and walked out of the lounge. Marcus, almost unwillingly, followed his wife. Everyone looked at their receding backs as they left the room. The uneasy tension in the room could be cut with a steak knife.

"Channary's parents have finally arrived, correct?" Aunt Lorelai asks, looking around the room at everyone.

"Yeah" Blaise says, his anxiety present in his voice.

"Are they really that bad?" Aunt Lorelai asks curiously, because she had heard the anxiety in Blaise's voice.

"Yes. Yes, they are that bad" Uncle Anthony replied for Blaise.

After a minute of silence, Marcus and Channary returned to the lounge with Channary's parents.

Grandpa Elijah is a average-height man who has grey hair, honey skin, dark and emotionless brown eyes, and sharp features. He's wearing a tailored blue suit.

Grandma Thalia is a short woman who has short and curly black hair, honey skin, hazel eyes, and feminine features. She's wearing a tailored navy blue pantsuit. She has a few wrinkles but doesn't look a day over forty.

They both have one thing in common; they're both wearing emotionless masks on their faces.

"Hello" Grandma Thalia says, her voice void of any emotion.

"Hello" Uncle Anthony is the first to respond.

"Ah, Anthony, it's good to see you" Grandpa Elijah says, emotionlessly.

I make eye contact with Aunt Lorelai and she pretends to zip her lips closed. I suppress the urge to laugh at my very immature aunt. I'm already getting an off feeling from my mother's parents. No wonder why Blaise sounded anxious.

Then Grandma Thalia turned her attention away from Uncle Anthony and to me. She sends me a smile that doesn't travel to her eyes.

"And you must be Destiny" She says.

She doesn't make a move to walk closer to me. Neither to give me a hug or to shake my hand.

The room lapses into an extremely uncomfortable silence. Then, thank Merlin, Channary clears her throat. Everyone else in the room, besides her parents, must be silently thanking her for interrupting the extremely awkward silence.

"Let's adjourn to the dining room. Lunch should be ready by now" Channary says.

Everyone files out of the lounge except for Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I. We all share anxious glances with each other before we leave the room after everyone else.

~~~~~

In under fifteen minutes everyone is sitting down at the dining room table, ready for Lunch to be served.

Today for Lunch we will be eating Bacon Potatoes au Gratin.

After a second, a few house elves come out and serve everyone their meals. Grandma Thalia looked down at her plate with a distasteful look on her face.

Is it just me or does Thalia seem like a bitch?

Usually I'm against swearing but when Blaise said that I, hardly, choke back hysterical laughter.

It's not just you Blaise

I start eating since everyone else had. The only sounds in the dining room are the sounds of breathing and forks and knives scrape against plates.

"So, Blaise, have you found yourself a girlfriend?" Grandma Thalia asked, weirdly breaking the silence.

"Uh...no. Not yet" Blaise says quietly.

"Have any crushes?" Grandma Thalia persisted.

Virginia snickered, causing Blaise to blush and the rest of the table to look at the younger Zabini sibling.

"Why are you snickering?" Grandma Thalia asks Virginia.

"Because he does like someone" Virginia says.

I could feel Blaise's anger from my seat and, evidently, so did the rest of the table. Because everyone turned to stare at the eldest Zabini child.

"Who is it?" Grandma Thalia asked, actually looking interested.

"Ginny Weasley" Blaise says, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Speak louder, boy" Grandma Thalia said in a harsh voice.

"Mother that's enough" Channary said, glaring at her mother.

"No, Channary. He will repeat what he said" Grandma Thalia says sternly.

"The girl I like is Ginny Weasley. Happy?" Blaise says, crossing his arms in front of his chest and glaring at his grandmother.

"Ugh, a Weasley? Son, you could do so much better" Grandpa Elijah said, his nose flared in disgust.

"No, he couldn't. No one is better for him then Ginny" I snapped.

"Shut your mouth, girl. You're barely a part of this family" Grandma Thalia snapped back at me.

"And you two are no longer a part of it. Leave, now" Channary said, as sternly as she could.

She glares at her parents as they make no attempt to follow her orders.

"What? You can't kick us out" Grandpa Elijah says, glaring at his daughter.

"I can and I just did. Now leave or I'll be forced to call in the Ministry" Channary said, standing.

Huffing in defeat, her parents slowly get up and leave. Channary doesn't sit back down until we all hear the front door close.

We all finish our meal in silence. Uncle Anthony, Aunt Lorelai, Elizabeth, and Emma all leave soon after we're done eating.

~~~~

Later on in the night, around ten o'clock, we're all sitting in the main lounge. Except Lucas and Virginia went to bed an hour ago so it's just Channary, Marcus, Blaise, and I.

"Guys, I'm sorry you're grandparents are terrible people" Channary apologized.

"It's not your fault, Mum" Blaise says, smiling sadly at our mother.

"I know...but I feel like it is" Channary admitted.

"Well, it isn't" Blaise says.

"If you really like this Ginny girl why don't you ask her out?" Marcus asks.

"Because she probably still has feelings for someone" Blaise groaned.

"And who is that someone?" Marcus asks.

"Harry Potter" Blaise says.

"Blaise, trust me, she doesn't like Harry anymore. She told me at the beginning of the semester that she likes you" I said, trying to cheer up my brother.

"Blaise ask her out before its too late. Anyways, I'm off to bed" Channary said.

She stands up, gives Blaise and I a hug and then goes off to bed. Wordlessly, Marcus follows her.

"Did she actually tell you that?" Blaise asks.

"Yes, she did Blaise" I reply.

"Okay. Well, Goodnight Hermione" Blaise says.

He stands and gives me a quick hug before walking out of the main lounge.

"Goodnight Blaise"