10: Family Reunion

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

Two months after Aunt Lorelai's arrival at Hogwarts is when Christmas Break finally arrives. Ron and I still haven't spoken a word to each other since our argument. Because of that Harry and I have also slowly started to drift apart. It's only because he's always hanging out with Ron and we don't even stay in the same dormitory anymore.

On the Hogwarts Express I'm currently in a compartment with Ginny, Harry, Neville, and Luna. Ron is probably sitting with Dean and Seamus.

Virginia is with Blaise and Draco on the Slytherin side of the train. We can't sit together because it would be too suspicious and unnatural.

"Did anyone else notice that Slughorn was always checking out his apprentice" Neville said.

"Uh, no" Ginny said, sounding utterly disgusted.

"When did you notice that?" I asked, concerned for my Aunt.

"About a week after she arrived. And I didn't notice it, apparently Dean did and he told Seamus who told me" Neville quickly explains.

"Well, thanks for telling us?" Harry said, sounding as if he was asking something.

I look out the window and see that it's raining. I love the rain; the sound it makes as it falls onto a roof and how it smells. Also hearing the rain helps me think for some odd reason.

"What are you gonna do over your break, Hermione?" Neville asks.

I turn my attention to him as realize that the compartment had fallen silent.

What was I planning to do over break? I was obviously going back to Zabini Manor but Ginny and Harry want me to stay at the Burrow for a day or two. That sure would be awkward since Ron and I haven't talked for nearly three months.

"Going home and spending some time with my parents" I answered, half honest.

I would be seeing my parents but not the ones that Neville thinks I will be seeing. I will also be spending time with my younger siblings, Virginia and Lucas. And hopefully be able to spend some time with Blaise. For the past few weeks he's been more distant and I've been worried about him.

And there's that ball where Channary is going to reveal my identity to everyone in the Wizarding World.

"Sounds like fun" Neville says.

"Are you going to visit the Burrow, 'Mione?" Harry asks.

"I dunno, I would have to ask my Mum" I said.

After I spoke I realized something; that was the first time I referred to Channary as my Mum. She is so I should be calling her that but it's weird since I was raised by Mrs. Granger, not her. The same thing with Marcus. They only appeared in my life this past summer. Along with Virginia, Lucas, and Blaise.

~~~~

Once the Hogwarts Express pulls into Kings Cross, I try to find Blaise and Virginia. Channary, Marcus, and Lucas should be here to pick us up.

Blaise where are you?

I exit the train and hug Harry and Ginny goodbye before they leave in search for Ron and the rest of the Weasley's.

I look around until I see Channary, Marcus, Lucas, Virginia, and Blaise a few feet to my left. I walk over to them and am instantly bombarded in a hug. It's Channary. I hug her back before she pulls away.

"Let's go home, shall we" Marcus says.

We all apparate back to Zabini manor. Aunt Lorelai is waiting for us in the foyer.

"Ah, hello Lorelai. It's good to see you" Channary said, giving her sister-in-law a quick hug.

"It's good to see you as well, Channary" Aunt Lorelai says.

"How come you're back in England?" Marcus says.

"I'm apprenticing in Potions at Hogwarts, clearly one of the kiddos must've told you" Aunt Lorelai said looking at Blaise, Virginia, and I.

"They did not" Marcus says emotionlessly.

"No need to get all uptight, big brother. I'm not staying here. Father is letting me stay at the cabin in Birmingham" Aunt Lorelai said.

"Would you like to come for Christmas dinner? Deon never does even though we invite him" Channary frowns.

"I would be delighted" Aunt Lorelai says, a faint smiling playing with her lips.

"You kids can go do whatever. Dinner is at 6:30, like usual" Channary said, dismissing us with a wave of her hand.

"Can we go to Muggle London? I haven't been in forever" Virginia asks.

Channary looks at Virginia then at me and Blaise.

"Would you two be up for taking Virginia and Lucas to Muggle London?" She asks.

"Sure" I said, smiling.

I haven't been to London in ages and it would be cool to walk around again. Mr and Mrs Granger used to take me at least once a month when I was younger.

"Let's go!" Virginia basically yelled, a big smile on her face.

I grab her hand, she grabs Lucas', and he grabs Blaise's hand. We all apparate to Muggle London.