13: Family Dinner

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

Channary calls Draco and I inside not fifteen minutes after Blaise had left us alone. Did he leave us alone for a reason? He can't possibly know that I like Draco, right?

Apparently, dinner was already ready and was going to be served in five minutes. At least they didn't call us back inside when dinner was being served.

She lead us to the dining room where Mrs. Malfoy, Marcus, Blaise, Virginia, and Lucas were already seated. I sat down at my place next to Blaise and Draco sat down across from me, next to his mother. Channary sits down at one head of the table while the other side remains empty.

House elves start to bring in dinner, which tonight is chicken, mashed potatoes, and vegetables.

Once everyone has their plate and adequate proportions, Channary decides to start a conversation. She usually starts the conversations in this house. Or it's Virginia.

"So, Draco, how's school been?Hermione told me that you're Head Boy" Channary says, looking at Draco.

Draco looks at me after she says that, causing me to blush. I look away from him and focus on my food as if it was the most interesting thing in the whole entire universe.

"Schools been alright, thank you for asking Mrs. Zabini" Draco says.

"Hermione, honey? How's school been? Your letters weren't that detailed in what's been going on" Channary says, turning her attention to me.

I look at my biological mother for a second, going over what she had said a few times in my mind before I could formulate what to say.

"Schools been...alright. The classes are interesting, as always" I reply, finishing the sentence with a closed mouth smile.

I haven't been extremely detailed in my letters because I don't want to explain the whole ordeal with Ron to her. Eapically since me being her daughter is one of the reasons why he doesn't talk to me anymore.

"How about you, Blaise?" Channary asks, looking at her oldest child.

"It's been fine, mother" Blaise vaguely replies.

"That's..good. And how about you Virginia? Liking Hogwarts so far?" Channary asks.

"Yeah, I love it there. And it's nice having Blaise and Hermione to help me with my classes and stuff" Virginia says, smiling at her mother.

"That's great honey" Channary says, smiling at her youngest daughter.

After that the table lapses into a peaceful silence, the only sound to be heard is untensils scraping against plates.

~~~

Shortly after dinner Draco and Mrs Malfoy leave. Virginia and Lucas go to the game room to play Monopoly or Clue.

Marcus goes to his study and Channary goes to her bedroom. Blaise and I decide to go into the screening room and watch a movie.

They have a whole wall just for DVDS in the screening room. And a whole wall for a TV. The room is basically a mini cinema, compete with the chairs and lights on the floor.

They have any movie imaginable, from Romeo & Juliet to The Shining. Blaise pops some popcorn while I look through the movies.

I see one that looks interesting and pull it off of the shelf. The movie is The Breakfast Club.

Blaise walks back into the screening room with two large bowls of popcorn; one butter and the other kettlecorn. He sits down in one of the chairs in the middle of the room.

I put the movie in the DVD player before sitting down in the seat next to Blaise. He silently hands me the bowl of butter popcorn, the type I had asked for.

"So when were you going to tell me that you have a crush on Draco?" Blaise says casually.

"What!?" I basically shrieked.

I could feel my face flush, giving away my emotions. Blaise chuckled for a moment, knowing that he was right about me liking Draco.

"I only noticed because you're my twin and it's kind of obvious. I won't tell him, don't worry" Blaise said with a smirk on his face.

"Why are you smirking?" I asked.

"Because I'm suprised that you like Draco. I mean, he was an competely asshole to you for six whole years" He replied.

"You weren't any better but I forgave you" I retort.

"I know and I'm sorry, 'Mione. But why Draco?" Blaise asks.

At this point we were competely ignoring the movie, more focused on our conversation then what was happening on the abnormally large television.

"I...don't know to be honest" I reply competely honest.

"Well. He likes you too so just make a move already" Blaise said, as if he's been waiting for Draco and I to get together.

"S-since when?" I asked.

How could Draco like me? We're just friends and he was a complete asshole for six damn years.

"First or Second Year" Blaise replies.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep" Blaise says.

He turns his attention to the movie, done with our conversation.

How could Draco have liked me for that long? Did he treat me so badly because he was raised to think muggle borns were less then him. Maybe liking me scared him so he was just lashing out.

Who knows? All I know is that the person that I like likes me back. And I'm going to do something about it.