9: Aunt Lorelai Zabini

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

It's been a month since Ron and I's argument. Ever since then I've spent all my time studying or hanging out with Blaise, Virginia, and Ginny. Harry hasn't sided with anyone publicly  but he hangs out with Ron all the time so it's obvious he sided with him.

I'm just grateful that neither of them has told anyone the truth about me. It wouldn't be like them to do that anyways, unless Ron truly has changed for the worse.

It's a Saturday in mid-October when Blaise barges into Ginny and I's room before dinner. He looks worried and his eyes immediately land on me.

Ginny and I were working on our Charms assignment before Blaise barged into the room.

"Blaise, what's wrong?" I asked, confused.

I've never seen him look this worried before so something serious must've happened. Or Blaise is just having one of his moments.

"There's a new Potions apprentice " He says nervously,

"And?" I asked, arching a brow at him.

Slughorn has talked about retiring ever since he started again back in sixth year so it's about time that he got an apprentice  to take over after he leaves.

"It's our aunt Lorelai" Blaise said, a frown slowly forming on his face.

Aunt Lorelai Zabini is Marcus's younger and only sister. They have a brother named Deon who lives in Italy with his wife Isabella and their two kids, Michael and Mayella. The only two things that Channary told me about her is that she used to live in Italy and that she doesn't have any kids. Other then when Channary told me that she existed Aunt Lorelai was never brought up after that.

"What could be so bad about her?" Ginny asks.

Blaise looks at her and sighs, as if ready to recite something. He must've had a bad experience with her before she moved to Italy.

"She's..an extremely obnoxious woman. 'Mione you're lucky that you haven't met her yet" Blaise tells us.

"I'll meet her eventually. Does she know about me?" I asked.

Blaise nods. Hopefully Aunt Lorelai won't be the reason my secret gets out to the students of Hogwarts.

"Don't worry, she won't spill about it. Mum asked her not to, apparently" Blaise says.

"What about Virginia? Does she know that Aunt Lorelai is here?" I asked.

"No she doesn't, shit! Thanks for reminding me. I'll tell her during dinner. Later" Blaise says.

He leaves our room almost as fast as he left it and he has the decency to close the door behind himself.

~~~

The following Monday Ginny and I walk into Potions and, thankfully, are the first students in there. Slughorn also isn't in there so he won't know. I believe that McGonagall must know at this point, Channary and Marcus must've told her over the summer, but I don't know about the rest of the teachers. I was instantly crushed in a hug. It must be Aunt Lorelai.

I hesitantly hug her back and she quickly pulls away. She has Marcus's Carmel brown skin and brown eyes but has light brown hair and very feminine features. She's wearing what looks like very expensive robes.

The Zabini's are a very wealthy family so I'm suprised that she would decide to work at Hogwarts since she has enough money to not have to lift a finger for the rest of her life.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Hermione. I've heard so much about you. Ah! You must be Ginny Weasley, correct?" Aunt Lorelai said, shifting both of our attention to Ginny.

"Yes, that would be me" She says.

"I've heard many great things about you as well" She said, sticking her hand out for a handshake.

Ginny blushes slightly before they shake hands and as soon as both of their hands return to their sides Slughorn returns to the classroom. He smiles warmly at Ginny and I.

"Ah, you've already met Miss. Zabini. She's my new apprentice and please do treat her with as much respect as any other professor at this school" Slughorn said before walking to the front of the front of the room.

He starts to write stuff down on the chalkboard as students start to trickle into the room. When Blaise walks in he's given the same bone-crushing hug from Aunt Lorelai that I got.

Since the class was basically quiet everyone could hear the conversation that Aunt Lorelai and Blaise were having.

"Is little miss Virginia a first year this year?" Aunt Lorelai asks, curiously.

"Yes, she is" Blaise answers with a visible sigh of annoyance.

"Okay, don't let me keep you from taking your seat" She said.

Blaise looks at me and rolls his eyes before sitting down at his seat next to Draco.

I told you, 'Mione, she's obnoxious

I roll my eyes and try not to chuckle at what Blaise said. Aunt Lorelai isn't that bad as Blaise is trying to make her out to be. Unless she's just putting on an act of sorts?

She isn't that bad Blaise, you're overreacting

Slughorn starts the class and today we're starting on making Amortentia, the love potion. Luckily, Ginny and I were paired up with each other.

No I'm not! She's probably putting on an act so you and Slughorn like her

"I'll go get the ingredients" I said to Ginny, standing up.

I walk over to the ingredients and I hear someone approach me. I look up from the ingredients and see Aunt Lorelai.

"Hello" I said, politely.

"Hello, need any help?" She asks.

"No, thank you" I said.

I could see the slight disapointment on her face, which she quickly covers up with a polite smile.

"Alright, just ask me or Professor Slughorn if you need any help" Aunt Lorelai says, walking off in the direction of a few very confused looking Hufflepuffs.

I quickly get the ingredients for the potion and return to my table. Ginny and I start working on the potion in a comfortable silence.

"So...was Blaise right? About her?" Ginny asks out of the blue.

"No, she seems nice" I reply honestly.

"Well...that's good. Hopefully she isn't putting on an act or something" Ginny says.

I nod and we return to working in a comfortable silence. At least Ginny didn't feel the need to continue a meaningless conversation. That's one of her good qualities that make her a great friend.

Hey, Blaise?

What?

Why haven't you asked Ginny out yet?

I dunno. She probably still has feelings for Potter

She likes you, Blaise. Just make a move already before she starts to date someone else

Okay